Author Topic: Changing Seasons During a Match! :D  (Read 546 times)

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Changing Seasons During a Match! :D
« on: November 19, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
Hi hi!

The new Autumn and Spring maps are such a lovely surprise!

So I've actually wanted to make this suggestion for awhile, but since it looked like these seasons weren't ever going to be made, I never bothered to say anything, but now here we are!

So my idea is this... what if the was a setting so that over the course of a single game, the seasons changed? We already have a day / night cycle with wonderfully shifting shadows and such. So why not take it a step further and really show the passage of time while we're questing?

What I'm thinking is, take the number of turns the game is set for and divide that into quarters. Each quarter of the game is a season! The starting season can be random, and just over the course of the game, the seasons slowly change until you've seen them all (assuming the game goes until a Prestige win!)

I just love the idea of starting a game during Spring and having it slowly shift until the King dies during Winter...

Anyway, that's my idea! :D

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Seasons During a Match! :D
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
This might be a rather memory intensive graphic load to do the transitions.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Seasons During a Match! :D
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »
Kletian is right, this would put a lot of stress on lower end machines and we're doing our best to reign this aspect of Armello back in - leading into iPad especially.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy