Author Topic: So, about the Bandit clan ....  (Read 2826 times)

Hell-Nico

• Backer
    • View Profile
So, about the Bandit clan ....
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:20:47 AM »
I'm a I<3 Guppy! tier backer and I was wondering why the Bandit clan isn't available after all this time for multiplayer.

I mean, they are ready to go for a long time now and new heroes got release before them, so what's the problem ?

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Re: So, about the Bandit clan ....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »
I think I heard that they're waiting to release the Bandit Clan alongside the release of the iOS port.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:08:10 AM »
As you can read in about 1000+ posts the bandits will be released for public as a DLC when the iOS-Version of Armello hits the shelves. Until then you'll have to find people who have them and play private games with them.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Hell-Nico

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:46:57 AM »
Thx Phlox for your douchy answer.
Just so you know I've checked the first 10 pages of the forum to see if any of them mentioned the release date of the Bandit Clan, and guess what ? No sign of your 1000+ posts. May be a clear info about that important point should be sticky on the top of the forum, so people would stop asking the same question (even if, as the forum clearly show, the question isn't asked THAT many time).

Well, I have to say this is starting to getting a bit too long, when I backed to get the bandit clan I wasn't expecting them to come more than a year after the games release...

How long are we supposed to wait until the iOS-Version ?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:04:25 AM »
The Bandit information is stickied on the Backer's Forum and the Steam Forum.   It's asked at least once every 2 weeks on Steam, whereas this forum is usually very quiet except around patch times. 

IOS is slated for Early 2017.  Yes originally it was going to be Early 2016, but then the PS4 and Xbox ports happened.  As a Bandit tier backer, I agree they are waiting too long to drop the exclusivity, I've made a few threads about it, but they aren't budging on the matter.  They believe they have to hold to the letter of their promise to prevent another surge of bad community action.

Sadly, it's possible that IOS 'could' be ready now, but they are deliberately waiting until post-holiday game news is over to not get drowned out.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 03:22:26 AM »
Sorry, Hell-Nico, didn't want to sound insulting to you. Sorry for that.

But the question "When are the bandits coming" is turning up every week and it gets kind of tiring to read it all over again and again... and yes, it's not 1000+ postings about it . To be correct, there are 240 different steam-threads about the "bandits" and 218 in this forum. Didn't count how much postings each of the threads achieved.

Noone of us wants to wait A DAY longer for the bandits...as someone being unlucky enough to not hear about Armello when the Kickstarter-Campaign was started I couldn't back this game...and I NEED the DLC to finally get my hand on the bandits. So I understand your desperate longing for them to get released.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 11:30:35 PM »
Not to toss fuel on the fire here (so's to speak) but this is one of the many reasons I've fallen off the Armello bandwagon these past few months.

Everything surrounding this Bandit Clan situation was the reason I jumped on to help out in any way I could, but ironically enough, has become the very same reason I'm coming to resent LoG. Whether they read/care about this or not, this Bandit Clan situation has alienated this community more than anyone knows. I was unfortunately privy to some non-public knowledge about the situation as it played out, and more after the fact and received many PMs from unfortunate non-backers (and even some from backers).

Honestly, I was a huge fan of LoG for some time, but I've come to lose nearly all of my respect for them, and NOT solely due to this issue (I have to point that out). If they're worried "they have to hold to the letter of their promise to prevent another surge of bad community action" they're a little more than late for that. Though the situation is not nearly as bad as it was the first time around, they're wrong in thinking that this year-long wait hasn't affected things.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a tool, here...
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 05:44:08 AM »
I usually stay out of these kinds of discussions, but just for kicks I'll try to offer a different perspective.

Armello wasn't really on my radar until about the day that it launched. I saw an ad for it somewhere, watched some livestreams and YouTube, thought it looked fun, and bought it. Haven't regretted my purchase.

As someone who wasn't around at the time, all the disputes about backers vs nonbackers and kickstarter issues is ancient history to me. I will say this much though: when I buy a game, my primary concern is whether I'm getting fair value (entertainment, play time, content, etc.) for my dollar. So far I've been satisfied in that regard. I can see where those who put extra money into this game, particularly at a time when doing so was more a leap of faith than a purchase of a finished product, could be unsatisfied or bitter if they didn't end up with what they expected, but without the same data or level of personal investment, it's hard for me to see where some are coming from with the level of vitriol that occasionally pops up around this topic.

As for the devs at LoG, I've seen PR problems handled better...but I've also seen worse. I'm not giving specific examples here because I'm just making casual observations, not defending a thesis, but any gamer who's been around for the last decade can easily think of PR scandals for devs both AAA and indy.  Based on the evidence I have access to, LoG definitely screwed up some things. Personally, I think LoG was overambitious to put Armello on so many different platforms, and we all might have a better experience if they had kept Armello PC and Steam-only. But I've enjoyed their output thus far, and that matters more to me than some awkward decision-making which hasn't measurably affected my enjoyment of the game.

In conclusion, if I walked away from Armello today and never played a match again, I'd feel I got my money's worth, which is more than I can say for some purchases. If you backed Armello, I sincerely thank you, since you're part of the reason I got to enjoy this game in the first place. But if you feel you didn't get your money's worth, and it's too late to go back on your purchase (if you ever could, excuse my ignorance of how Kickstarter backing works), than I'd say the best thing to do is shrug philosophically and make a clean break.

Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »
Once again I find myself agreeing with Biologist on something.  Unfortunately for me, my roommate only just introduced me to Armello a few weeks ago, I'm still trying to get a feel for the characters and the game mechanics.  I love the game thus far, even if it is a bitch to me sometimes.   I didn't know anything about it while it was being developed but I am typically patient when it comes to video games, so I can wait for the Bandit Clan.  I've been waiting 5 or 6 years for Them's Fightin' Herds, I can sure as hell wait for what might be in store for Armello.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:30:44 AM »
The ironic thing is I'm sure by now at least 80% of the backers that paid extra for Bandit clan would like them released before the much delayed IOS release- because I'd like to use the Bandits to earn dice.  It's not just the people who missed the kickstarter that are getting angry about them "keeping a promise" which included the terms "3 to 6 months after the initial release".  I respect getting to sell a PS4 and Xbox version has helped support the company, but with the complete lack of cross platform ability it doesn't serve the player community at all.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:34:05 AM »
Hey folks,

I'm locking this thread up as nothing has changed. We're happy to hear you're excited for the content to go live, we are too. If you have any specific questions or if anything remains unclear, please feel free to hit me up.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy