Author Topic: v1.5 Art of Treason - Feature Spotlight: New Cards  (Read 8126 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.5 Art of Treason - Feature Spotlight: New Cards
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
This is a feature preview for the upcoming patch, v1.5 Art of Treason. The update overview can be found here.

Hello to you, glorious Armellians!

We've been hard at work with a bunch of rad things here at LoG and v1.5 Art of Treason is one of them.  This shiny new update will land on November 18th PST. The first feature to be revealed within v1.5 is...NEW CARDS! Leading up to the launch of Art of Treason, we'll be adding these cards to this post and revealing them through our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

This set of five cards will feature one new Follower and four new Trickery cards. Muster all of your cunning, venture forth and master these cards.

Stay tuned for more updates and spread the good word!

<3 Darcy and the LoG team
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:07:01 PM by Darcy Smith »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: v1.5 Art of Treason - Feature Spotlight: New Cards
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:51 AM »
Woohoo, Turtles!

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:14:02 AM »
For the Art of Treason
LoG perfect the art of Tease'n! :D

Can't wait for more drips of this sweet, sweet honey!

(...and all this for free!) <3

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
It kinda' proves they're listening...  Maybe there really will be "Loyalist" and "Exiles" expansion packs?  It might be a bit too much to hope for but the thought of it does excite me.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
Remember, remember
The 18th of November
For I can think of no reason
The Armellian treason
Should ever be forgot.
:D

Misha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 09:10:41 PM »
Is there any actual reason why Grand Heist isn't a peril but an instant cast? I think it would be okay have it is playable on  settlements.  ???

Teii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 11:01:20 PM »
Is there any actual reason why Grand Heist isn't a peril but an instant cast? I think it would be okay have it is playable on  settlements.  ???

They probably just don't want the king to play that card.  The only reason players would want to play grand heist as a peril is so they can walk into it themselves to burn cards, but that would be a very expensive play.

Good to see the trickery deck getting some tlc.  I really like what I'm seeing from these cards. 

jerbear3273

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 01:08:38 AM »
This is great and all but what about an update, patch or something... anything to fix the game for ps4 users?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 04:08:46 AM »
Sony makes patching harder than Steam.  After the Steam build has been out and hotfixed a few weeks you can expect PS4 to get the 1.5 update and a variety of PS specific bugfixes.

jerbear3273

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 04:19:34 AM »
Sony makes patching harder than Steam.  After the Steam build has been out and hotfixed a few weeks you can expect PS4 to get the 1.5 update and a variety of PS specific bugfixes.

We have just been left in the dark for months... last thing I heard months ago was "we didn't have any issues when we made the last update for ps4... but we will try to fix it" its unplayable at this point.

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 08:54:20 AM »

Also it makes more sense in context. "Grand Heist" implies a certain amount of preparation/premeditation. It wouldn't really make sense for a gang of thieves to say "Hey, let's make this elaborate plot to steal a valuable artifact and then just try it on the first poor fool who wanders into town, regardless of whether they actually have the thing."
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

boykingkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 04:16:45 PM »
These cards look amazing! I can't wait to get The Usurper's in the morning as well as to see these card's and the upcoming DLC when they come. :D

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 09:25:36 PM »
I love the great Heist. It gives the spirit stone victory something to hope for if your struggle for the stones has been reset by bad luck...and it is a valid weapon against stone-greedy chars sprinting for a quick stone win. We had the possibility to "steal" stones in former times...making the stone victory nearly impossible since it only required to kill somebody with a stone...but being dependent on luck (and doing a huge amount of preparation to reduce the random factor) when being cut off the ability to "steal" stones felt like a step back. So: "Hooray for the great Heist".
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37:07 AM »
Man, I'm loving all the love the Trickery Deck is getting. That and the improved bounty system will no doubt bring a lot of much needed political scheming into the world of Armello :D

That Great Heist especially! It's definitely a godsend for anyone who's got huge piles of gold and little idea how to spend it. :P But it also definitely makes the Spirit Stone Victory much more well earned :D
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums