Author Topic: Story Mode, maybe?  (Read 669 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Story Mode, maybe?
« on: November 13, 2016, 05:03:51 PM »
I would LOVE to see a story mode, especially one where the ending depends on the character you play as and the choices you make.  Every character should have at least four different endings with the ability to recruit another hero to accompany you.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Biologist

• View Profile
Re: Story Mode, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 05:04:44 AM »
A single-player campaign in the style of the tutorial would be great fun. Unfortunately LoG is a relatively small studio and probably doesn't have the resources to throw at creating a whole other game mode,  considering all the stuff they're still doing to improve the existing modes.  The other problem is that a campaign implies scripted events, and since Armello thrives on a certain amount of randomness, it might feel too "on rails" to play that way for a long time.

I do like the idea of different character endings, though. Would be awesome if, after a victory, we saw a brief montage-style epilogue explaining what happens in the aftermath of the King's death/banishment. Wouldn't have to be fully animated either; they could do something like the storyboard epilogues from Stories: The Path of Destinies (Which  wins my vote for Vaguest Game Title of 2016. By way of explanation, it's a hack'n'slash adventure game where every ending but one results in a tragicomic death for the player character, the goal being to go through a time loop over and over until you find the best ending.).
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 04:56:14 PM »
Hey CrazyBob05,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion! Biologist's response is pretty spot on but I want to add that our focus as a studio is to implement more systemic content, to shake up the game and make it feel fresh for long-term players. Story modes are typically something that can be "completed" whereas other content can be continuously explored or experienced. That, and the prologue was a HEAP of work considering all of the custom logic and events that needed to take place.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions.

<3 Darcy

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:11:01 PM »
Just a thought that I wanted to share.  Don't honestly think any of my ideas will get that much attention.  But it's a nice surprise to see someone actually from the dev team reply to one of my suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:14:07 PM by CrazyBob05 »
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"