Poll

What way would you prefer LoG to deal with rotting the map?

Break/corrupt stone circles.
1 (25%)
Make fights more deadly by being aggressive.
0 (0%)
Walking my way down town... Rotting fast.
1 (25%)
Ending my turn down town... Rotting fast,
1 (25%)
Rot is fine as it is!
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 03, 2016, 10:59:11 AM

Author Topic: Rotting the world one step at a time!  (Read 467 times)

L4g34s

• View Profile
Rotting the world one step at a time!
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »
A few weeks ago I saw a post that questioned rot victory/corruption, asking why can we use it to make changes on the board itself, at the time we had the idea of breaking/corrupting stone circles(once broken/corrupted they would not kill/help to corrupted creatures), later on I had the idea of leaving a rot trails that last until dusk(if made at night)/dawn(if made at day), they would give the agressive(every third rolled shield defense becomes a attack, every third rolled attack will pierce) status to creatures on them.
  BUT! Recently I had the idea of corrupting the weak minded and heretics(and by that I mean settlements), ending a turn or walking into a settlement(to be voted on poll) would infect its people, and its food, players who end their turn in said settlements would get plus 1 rot(enough to be a threat, but not enough for players to be farming off, unless you trade it for getting behind on quests).
Settlements infected can be cured by using magic in the following formula: 2*n     (-1 if user has 4 or more spirit stones) magic, n being 4- number of spirit stones player has, this way no spirit stones costs 16 magic to banish the rot, 1 will make it cost 8 magic, 2 will make it cost 4, 3 will cost 2 magic, and 4 will cost none. Infected settlements will have a fog animation shown to players who have scout on them.
Please do note that failing to get more rot than the king is the worse mistake you can make when going for a rot victory, as you usually will have little prestige, most likely has less than 2 spirit stones, and fighting is not an option. :'(