Author Topic: Custom Modes  (Read 5727 times)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Custom Modes
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »
Hey all its me again! So after watching the twitch livestream and pestering Trent with questions im really really REALLY keen to get some alternative/custom game modes on the go when the full game releases!

Since i know LoG is way to busy to ask themselves (to busy drinking bubble tea i bet ;) ) Whats your opinion and how about suggesting some below! NOW STOP!!

before all our suggestions get Really Really confusing can you put it in this form so the admins can sort through them easier:

Name:
About:

Easy as that :)

One other thing! Ive also experienced in previous games where we can play different modes but no gigantic level of customisation is available. when I play game modes i like to customise EVERYTHING. not only does it make it more enjoyable it makes it more immersive and people play longer because there are more possibilities.

Thanks!

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Modes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 05:19:54 AM »
I'll take a shot at this to see if I have the format right.  I'm not totally sure about this as a gameplay mode, but someone might see a way to make it work.

Name:  Civil War

About:  Prestige victories seem kind of easy, just farm prestige and hope nobody wins before the king dies.  How about making it just a little bit harder - when the king dies, faction units that are functionally much like the king's guards are spawned, each hero getting allied units at a rate of one per point of prestige.  At this time hero revival is disabled, whoever has their hero alive at the end (or possibly any allied units) wins.

Probably be a pain to program, frankly.  And the board is hardly set up for armies.  Like I said, more to see if the format was what you had in mind than anything else.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
I'll take a shot at this to see if I have the format right.  I'm not totally sure about this as a gameplay mode, but someone might see a way to make it work.

About:  Prestige victories seem kind of easy, just farm prestige and hope nobody wins before the king dies.  How about making it just a little bit harder - when the king dies, faction units that are functionally much like the king's guards are spawned, each hero getting allied units at a rate of one per point of prestige.  At this time hero revival is disabled, whoever has their hero alive at the end (or possibly any allied units) wins.

Probably be a pain to program, frankly.  And the board is hardly set up for armies.  Like I said, more to see if the format was what you had in mind than anything else.

I really like that idea!! format is perfect and I salute you for your input!!! i like this a lot!! adds kind of a party mode haha

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:43 AM »

I really like that idea!! format is perfect and I salute you for your input!!! i like this a lot!! adds kind of a party mode haha

Fantastic. I'm drawing a blank at the moment but I'll see if I can come up with anything

LeitonGrey

• Backer
  • I strike from the shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:40:21 AM »
Only one fully fleshed out idea at the moment, though I've had others that I might post some other time.

Title: Short-Sighted (Placeholder name)

About: Game progresses normally and functionally remains the same. You can see all of the board, however only the immediate places around you are perfectly visible. The rest of the map is shrouded in a type of "fog of war." You can see a city ahead, but you don't know that Thane was just inside setting himself as the owner. When the Bane spawns at night, all you hear is the shrill screech. Traps are entirely invisible, no warning until you've entered them. The only long-distance things you can see are where your missions are. Towns that are under your banner grant you vision around them, making them much more meaningful.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:26:19 AM by LeitonGrey »
Taste of my disease
Twitch Art

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Only one fully fleshed out idea at the moment, though I've had others that I might post some other time.

About: Game progresses normally and functionally remains the same. You can see all of the board, however all but the immediate places around you are perfectly visible. The rest of the map is shrouded in a type of "fog of war." You can see a city ahead, but you don't know that Thane was just inside setting himself as the owner. When the Bane spawns at night, all you hear is the shrill screech. Traps are entirely invisible, no warning until you've entered them. The only long-distance things you can see are where your missions are. Towns that are under your banner grant you vision around them, making them much more meaningful.

Ooh that's a good one kind of like ultra hardcore! I was thinking something like that where if your sneaked you can't be seen by other players but fog of war takes it to a whole new level!

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 03:31:04 AM »

About: Game progresses normally and functionally remains the same. You can see all of the board, however all but the immediate places around you are perfectly visible. The rest of the map is shrouded in a type of "fog of war." You can see a city ahead, but you don't know that Thane was just inside setting himself as the owner. When the Bane spawns at night, all you hear is the shrill screech. Traps are entirely invisible, no warning until you've entered them. The only long-distance things you can see are where your missions are. Towns that are under your banner grant you vision around them, making them much more meaningful.

Ooh that's a good one kind of like ultra hardcore! I was thinking something like that where if your sneaked you can't be seen by other players but fog of war takes it to a whole new level!
So basically you just wouldn't know if you were setting foot on an already established territory? I like it!  More realistic. Makes you a little more cautious as you go along as well. The building paranoia and the thrill of waiting for someone to walk into your trap. Its a really good concept.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:36 AM »
Title:  Investment

About:  It takes more than just looking good to run a kingdom.  In this mode the king can't be killed or banished early - instead, clan heroes race to acquire the resources necessary to manage Armello after his death.  Gold is the main goal in this mode, but you have to balance it against the use of equipment and cards that may be essential to more lucrative quests and dungeon crawls.  Prestige shouldn't be ignored either, as every point on it reduces the gold requirement to win.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »

About:  It takes more than just looking good to run a kingdom.  In this mode the king can't be killed or banished early - instead, clan heroes race to acquire the resources necessary to manage Armello after his death.  Gold is the main goal in this mode, but you have to balance it against the use of equipment and cards that may be essential to more lucrative quests and dungeon crawls.  Prestige shouldn't be ignored either, as every point on it reduces the gold requirement to win.

What kind of gold recruitment would you set to win?

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »

What kind of gold recruitment would you set to win?

I have absolutely no idea.  I'd need to know more about the game, like how much gold settlements provide and how easy it is to get gold from cards, dungeons and quests to set a realistic goal - the dev team knows all that already, so I figured they could decide on the exact numbers if they want to include it.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 03:41:48 AM »
Name:  Prisoners

About:  The king may be Rotted, but he's noticed that the pretenders to his throne just get back up after they've been slain.  If you try to kill him and fail, you're removed from the game because it's hard to do much from the inside of a jail cell.

Just something to discourage long-shot gamblers.  Okay, if you get in there now you have maybe a 5% chance to win... but if you lose, then it's game over instead of a little wasted time.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 05:02:12 AM »
Name:  Cooperative

About:  Simply enough, the heroes pair off and whichever team wins, wins together.  I've been trying to come up with a good storyline or gameplay reason for this, but I've just had no luck... so, just claim that the clans have decided that shared leadership is better than missing out entirely and pooled their efforts to make it more likely they'll win in the end.

The friend that I pledged an extra $10 for was disappointed to hear that this would be entirely competitive, so I thought I'd see if I could get a 2 vs 2 mode put in.  A four-player team might work too, if anyone can think of a good reason that they'd all team up - maybe they have to kill all of the banes in a certain amount of time?

Bec

• Backer
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/lionheartedowl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
Name: Banner Wars

About: Pretty much your run-of-the-mill Capture the Flag mode. Players are paired off and have to make their way across the game board to their opponent's forts and obtain their flag, then return to either of their team's forts. There would be a time limit, or a set number of rounds ending with a captured flag, and whichever team has captured the most banners from their opponent wins. You can use whatever means; set traps around your flag, play spell cards, use followers, whatever.

Name: Bane Hunt

About: Similarly to Banner Wars, the game is set by a restriction of time or turns. Before the Rot gripped his mind completely, the King heard many cries from his people about the deadly Banes that appeared at night to carry off family members into mist and darkness. In response, the King promised to grant gold and prestige upon the brave soul who could bring him the most bane feathers (they are some type of bird, yeah?). The four heroes will set out from their home bases to claim their fortune. They cannot interfere with one another, as the King's goal is to rid the countryside of as many Banes as possible, and he needs heroes to do so. Players can equip themselves and set traps for the Banes. Death will not reset the number of Banes they have killed.

Not to original, I suppose, but what do you guys think?

suijin

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »
Name: The Long Haul

About: King gains doubled stats, the map size is increased slightly, and all cards gain an increased cost, but it becomes possible to increase one's resource accumulation by doing things such as investing in a town's economy.

Kind of a hardcore mode for anyone with way too much free time on their hands, I suppose (like me, for instance  :P).

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 01:23:15 AM »
Name: Bane Hunt

About: Similarly to Banner Wars, the game is set by a restriction of time or turns. Before the Rot gripped his mind completely, the King heard many cries from his people about the deadly Banes that appeared at night to carry off family members into mist and darkness. In response, the King promised to grant gold and prestige upon the brave soul who could bring him the most bane feathers (they are some type of bird, yeah?). The four heroes will set out from their home bases to claim their fortune. They cannot interfere with one another, as the King's goal is to rid the countryside of as many Banes as possible, and he needs heroes to do so. Players can equip themselves and set traps for the Banes. Death will not reset the number of Banes they have killed.

Not to original, I suppose, but what do you guys think?

Sounds interesting, though I'd probably remove the rule against heroes attacking each other.  Otherwise they'll just find more annoying ways to interfere, like setting traps and then standing in the only safe way through an area.  I assume that despite the need to grab feathers, spells that kill a Bane will count - otherwise Sana would be at a severe disadvantage.