Author Topic: Custom Modes  (Read 5599 times)

Bec

• Backer
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/lionheartedowl
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Modes
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 02:54:48 AM »
Name: Bane Hunt

About: Similarly to Banner Wars, the game is set by a restriction of time or turns. Before the Rot gripped his mind completely, the King heard many cries from his people about the deadly Banes that appeared at night to carry off family members into mist and darkness. In response, the King promised to grant gold and prestige upon the brave soul who could bring him the most bane feathers (they are some type of bird, yeah?). The four heroes will set out from their home bases to claim their fortune. They cannot interfere with one another, as the King's goal is to rid the countryside of as many Banes as possible, and he needs heroes to do so. Players can equip themselves and set traps for the Banes. Death will not reset the number of Banes they have killed.

Not to original, I suppose, but what do you guys think?

Sounds interesting, though I'd probably remove the rule against heroes attacking each other.  Otherwise they'll just find more annoying ways to interfere, like setting traps and then standing in the only safe way through an area.  I assume that despite the need to grab feathers, spells that kill a Bane will count - otherwise Sana would be at a severe disadvantage.

Hmm, I've been waffling back and forth on the ability of heroes to attack one another because the focus should be on killing Banes. Although, it will be difficult since they block tiles. If heroes are allowed to attack one another, then I think they should be able to steal feathers from one another, to really keep that competition factor, even if they only get one feather per victory rather than all of the loser's feathers. And yeah, spells would totally count since Sana relies so heavily on them.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
I leave for One day and you come up with all thesegreatideas! Bane hunt is probably one of my favourites so far! That and ultra hardcore haha

What do you guys like.

Bec

• Backer
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/lionheartedowl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
I leave for One day and you come up with all thesegreatideas! Bane hunt is probably one of my favourites so far! That and ultra hardcore haha

What do you guys like.

:3 That just made me so happy. I'm glad you like it!

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »
Name:  Looting

About:  Less a new game mode than an option for a regular game - is it's turned on, the winner in a hero vs hero fight gets to take one piece of equipment from the loser.  If both sides die, ignore this effect.  Maybe the winner could choose whether or not to do this, with a prestige penalty if they decide to?  Nobody likes a grave robber, even if technically the victim hasn't been and won't be buried.

Mostly I figure that some pieces of gear will be better than others, and it could be frustrating if Amber gets the Lapine Head-Lopper (made up for the silly name) early on while the player using Mercurio can't seem to find anything good.  Solution:  try to take it away, even though that nifty weapon will make it somewhat difficult to win a fight against her and you might just lose what gear you do have.

DeeOH

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:05 AM »
Name: Convert the Throne.

We all know that money makes the world go round, and that goes for the lands of Armello as well. In this mode, it's all about the money. Go around and perform deeds of valor for a town, or acts of debauchery for an official. The more villages you claim or officials you aid, the more influence you gain.  After a village has been claimed, it cannot be swayed by the wiles of another heroes. Officials aren't so loyal though: they'll ally with you when it's beneficial for them, and turn on you in the same breath.

One life; one death. The only way to win is to take the armies of the armies you fell. They may be loyal, but not stupid. If their leader falls, they will follow the rule of the strong. Gather up your forces and convert your foes on your way to the throne!

Essentially prestige is furthered into valor and infamy (or prestige and rot?). Claimed villages are used to increase the four stats. Otherwise; same as usual. Only a quick mockup though ;)
Either, either, neither.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »
Name: Convert the Throne.

We all know that money makes the world go round, and that goes for the lands of Armello as well. In this mode, it's all about the money. Go around and perform deeds of valor for a town, or acts of debauchery for an official. The more villages you claim or officials you aid, the more influence you gain.  After a village has been claimed, it cannot be swayed by the wiles of another heroes. Officials aren't so loyal though: they'll ally with you when it's beneficial for them, and turn on you in the same breath.

One life; one death. The only way to win is to take the armies of the armies you fell. They may be loyal, but not stupid. If their leader falls, they will follow the rule of the strong. Gather up your forces and convert your foes on your way to the throne!

Essentially prestige is furthered into valor and infamy (or prestige and rot?). Claimed villages are used to increase the four stats. Otherwise; same as usual. Only a quick mockup though ;)

I really love this one, its a bit confusing but still very indepth and I like it!

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »
I was wondering if any of these custom modes are being considered, possibly for after the game was released.  Also, if it hasn't been asked about somewhere and I've just overlooked it, maybe it would be possible to make the king's maximum health a variable set in options by the host?  Not a huge range, but letting people add or subtract one, two or three (and thus change the game length by two, four or six rounds) would probably be appreciated by people looking for a longer or shorter game.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 10:01:15 AM »
I was wondering if any of these custom modes are being considered, possibly for after the game was released.  Also, if it hasn't been asked about somewhere and I've just overlooked it, maybe it would be possible to make the king's maximum health a variable set in options by the host?  Not a huge range, but letting people add or subtract one, two or three (and thus change the game length by two, four or six rounds) would probably be appreciated by people looking for a longer or shorter game.

With PAX Aus and Beta release along with a tonne of bugs to iron out and backer kits to organize. League of Geeks hasnt even had the time to think about it. We made this thread for everyone to suggest what they want however we also made it so that when the time comes LoG can easily found out what their fans want in their game. So if you have an awesome suggestion or something never before seen make sure you return and post it whenever you get the chance.