Author Topic: No update for the GOG version?  (Read 1621 times)

Borodin

• View Profile
No update for the GOG version?
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:10:23 AM »

For me GOG has pioneered the way to go for all future PC gaming, so I'm sad to read that there will be no DRM-free DLC for Armello

Armello has been marketed badly. I bought it through Steam when it first came out, but few of my friends had heard about it: the idea of a card / board / RPG game with animals is hard to convey, but the reality is superb

Perhaps the publishers are once again blaming the shortfall on piracy, and this will be a useful experiment. Those who pirated the original game but must pay to enjoy the DLC will be indicated in a quick uptake of the original game on Steam

But I don't believe that's going to happen. Piracy has been an excuse for poorly-performing games for a long time. If League of Geeks has any integrity then they will publish sales figures after this escapade

Of course those figures will tell us nothing

Your first idea was right guys. Publish through GOG. You will now be tormented forever, wondering whether you could have afforded another pint, or another yacht, if you had gone the Steam way all along

You will never know, but I am certain that money will evade you if you pursue it. But if you seek excellence then you will become rich

Douzeju

• View Profile
Re: No update for the GOG version?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 03:23:14 AM »
Ahem.

Yesterday, GOG updates its terms of services for additional content, or as others name it, DLCs. Maybe there is something being worked on ?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 04:38:41 AM »
Trent posted about GoG recently in his "2nd year roadmap".  Since Steam/Console Armello is getting a lot of DRM reliant features, they are going to try and design different features specifically for the DRM version.   No details I'd admit but I think it is too early to decry them as money grubbing, DRM loving corporate types.

Savinder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:31:44 AM »
It would be really nice if there was an update about this whole debacle.  >:(

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:25:08 AM »
There was.

Anyone who bought on GoG can get a refund if they want one, it's coming out of LoG's pockets.
DRM-free version will eventually have features Steam does not, but details not yet given.
Because DLC is coded with a DRM like check for activation, don't expect DLC characters on DRM free anytime soon.

Savinder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:17:26 AM »
I missed that completely. Thanks for the update.