Author Topic: Multiplayer Community  (Read 1152 times)

adzerker

• View Profile
Multiplayer Community
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:37:08 AM »
Hello there!

I'm a new player to the game and I've purchased the game for Xbox One. Fantastic game btw!  My friend and I are both having trouble getting into an online game with other players on xbox one and I have a few questions regarding that.

Are the wait times simply super long or is the community non-existent?
Are people without the DLC unable to play with people who do have it?
If the community is simply small on Xbox, is there a possibility to cross platform play coming or perhaps a code given out so players who have purchased the game on one platform can still play by other means? example: I have it on xbox but the steam community is larger, so by having a game code I can get the game on steam (since i've payed for it on xbox) and play there.

Any help would be most welcome!
Thank you!

sea bee blue

• View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Community
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 02:33:23 AM »
Most DLC's don't preclude players from participating. I can't imagine that would be the case.

The community is small ATM. Was the same on Elite, but after a month or so, you won't have problems finding players.

I'm on regularly: Sea Bee Blue. I like to game in a party format so plotting and political intrigues are  freed up. Anyone is welcome to friend me.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »
Sadly, there is no way for Steam and Xbox to play together, because it's a ton of work for an indie studio to support cross network multiplayer.  We are glad to have you on the forums though.

Xbox will be the smallest community for a while because of how new it is, but hopefully it'll grow to be self sustaining.

sea bee blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 12:57:55 AM »
Las tnight we had a terrible time getting a game going. I know the Xbox has issues with "instant start", so I am going to turn off that feature tonight and do a full reboot.

First time I've had issues other than not finding people.

I am recruiting, and I work for a analog game company. Unfortunately,  I don't have many friends at work. lol