Author Topic: New Heroes Suggestion - The Loyalists  (Read 4520 times)

Krillos

• Backer
    • View Profile
New Heroes Suggestion - The Loyalists
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »
Hello! It has been a while since I last visited this forum. My absence has been long yet peaceful but with LoG introducing the new heroes (including my new favorites, Sargon and Magna), my love for Armello has piqued once again and I played the game on my PS4 and PC to sharpen my skills once again. Anyways, the Usurpers-DLC got my creative thinking back into gear once again and come up a new idea for not one but four possible heroes for the current four clans but with a twist:

They are called the Loyalists, members of lesser clans who swore loyalty to the four greater clans for past deeds. Now that the king has gone mad and brought chaos to the kingdom of Armello, the chosen representives of the Loyalists now seek the crown not just for the benefit for the lesser clans but also returning the favor for the greater clans while carrying their banner.

Here are some examples of such Loyalists:

The Snow Leopards of the Wolf Clan
"The habitants of the snowy peaks of the Northern Needles, the snow leopards were once fierce compititors of the Wolf Clan over territories and resources. But the snow leopards ultimately lost due to lack of numbers and proper leadership and their loss has cost them dearly as it has left their clan in a delicate state. In an act of desperation, the snow leopards swallowed their pride and sought an audience with the leaders of the Wolf Clan for help. The wolves had the snow leopards swore an oath of fealty to them and they reluctantly complied to their demands. To their surprise, however, their alliance with the wolves were treated with the loyalty and honour. As if they were a actually part of their pack. As time goes by, the snow leopards gradually recovered and their relationship greatly improved. Their loyalties for the Wolf Clan are so great, they even adopted the Wolf clans' customs and intrigate some of their cultures into their own. When the time of claiming the throne of Armello is nigh, it is time for the snow leopards to honor their part of their alliance and help  the Wolf Clan to achieve greatness."

Hero: A female snow leopard wearing the blue armor of the Wolf Clan.

The Bisons of the Bear Clan
"Warrior mystics of the Wyld, the bisons were originally not from Armello but from a land far from the west. The bisons traveled as nomads to Armello to seek further enlightment from the Wyld but their numbers dwindled due to bandit attacks and being hunted by those who seeks their unknown powers. Fortunately, the Bear Clan sensed their distress through their connection to the Wyld and intervined. With the help from the Bear Clans, the bisons managed to recover their losses and regain their health in time. Impressed by each other's way of the Wyld, the bisons and the bears sees each other as kindred spirits of the Wyld and began sharing their wisdom together. Before the bisons resumed their travels, they swore an oath to the Bear Clan. The bisons will one day return to Armello and help the Bear Clan in their most dire need. When the king endangers Armello with his madness, the bisons fulfilled their promise by sending their mightiest warrior to fight for the Bear Clan's cause"

Hero: A big male bison carrying a bear-shaped totem pole, which he uses as a magical blunt weapon.

The Turtles of the Rabbit Clan
"Many do not think highly on the turtles due to their slow ways, but the Rabbit Clan knows better. They know that the turtles are the wisest and the most patient creatures of Armello due to their long life-span. Their admiration for the turtles also stems from a legend of how a tranquil tortoise bested a mighty hare at his own game. Their friendship proved to be quite benefitial for both clans as the turtles help the rabbits by sharing ancient knowledge and exploring dungeons  in deep water while the rabbits help the turtles with resources and protection services. When the king went mad, the Rabbit Clan were astonished to discover how a turtle decided to pick up his arms to fight over the crown for the sake of the Rabbit Clan. The turtle calmly answered their curiosity that good will is always paid with equal generosity."

Hero: A male turtle wearing a knight's heavy armor of the Rabbit Clan.

The Crows of the Rat Clan
"As impressive as the Rat Clan are, anyone would never believe they would be able to conquer the skies. Unfortunately for them, the Rat Clan has already succeeded that feat. Long ago, the Rat Clan have secretly forged an alliance with a lesser clan of crows and have them serve as the Rat Clan's secret messengers, spies and aerial assassins. In return, crows would always be paid handsomely for their services as well as offering protection of the wrathful prejudice from the victims of the Banes (who believes the crows have a connection to the Banes due to the avian resemblance). When the king of Armello is down with the Rot, the Den Mother assigned one of the most skilled crow agents on a delicate mission; take the crown of Armello and bring glory to the Rat Clan."

Hero: A female crow wearing a red hood, bearing the insignia of the Rat Clan, with feather-shaped blades hidden among the feathers on the wing.

And that's it. The idea stem from the desire to see more variety of playable species in Armello. Personally, I would love to see non-mammal heroes like birds (like a golden eagle or an owl), reptiles (a crocodile or a komodo dragon) and heck, even big insects (a big spider hero would be frighteningly awesome). Either way, I hope this idea I presented would one day inspire LoG to consider adding more species to their gallery of heroes. 

Carry on with the good work, LoG!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:04:22 PM by Krillos »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: New Heroes Suggestion - The Loyalists
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:35:50 AM »
Interesting concepts, but remember, LoG are bird Racists.  So no Crow Heroes.   ;)

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:58:07 AM »
Interesting concepts, but remember, LoG are bird Racists.  So no Crow Heroes.   ;)

Meh, who knows? These are pretty interesting concepts. So I don't see much wrong there (though admittedly, the crows feel a bit too close to Zosha in looks and story.)

Thing is though, the avian exclusion might also be due to how they might function in-game since their ability to fly might simply be either a gamebreaker or an underwheming feature due to acting like an auto-Winged Boots depending on whether or not they would need a unique ability on top of their flight or not. (Of course, there could simply be the idea that bird-people don't have the capacity to fly. That happens, but considering the bio, these people can fly)

On that topic though, how would each lesser clan differ from their larger clan counterparts?
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 05:27:41 PM »
Hey Krillos,

This is so well written and was a really engaging read :)

I like the idea of Loyalists as reasoning for these "lesser clans" a lot.

I've shared with the team to read as well.

<3

Lisy

Dach

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »
Really fun and original, I love your ideas!

LoG are birds racists indeed so your crow won't last for long.

Maybe you should opt for a mole instead (in a way, it also goes well with the rat depending on which sense of these words we actually choose to take into account).

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 10:32:16 PM »
I think Moles are officially Rabbit Clan members due to their Burrow based society.

I think the breakdown of clans (but I'd love more official confirmation) is
Large Carnivores- Wolf
Large Herbavores/Omnivores- Bear
Small Herbavores, burrowing omnivores- Rabbits
Small Carnavores, surface omnivores- Rats.

Ironically I think this would put Cats in the Rat clan as a Raven substitute.

Krillos

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 07:13:53 PM »
Thank you everyone for enjoying my Loyalists-idea so far. It has been a fun challenge working on this one.

Hey Krillos,

This is so well written and was a really engaging read :)

I like the idea of Loyalists as reasoning for these "lesser clans" a lot.

I've shared with the team to read as well.

It pleases me to know you enjoy reading through my idea.

Like I mention before, I hope this would inspire your team to consider using other species for new heroes in the future. The Loyalists-idea is the solution you want if you intent to keep the four greater clans around while still introducing new heroes from different species.

LoG are birds racists indeed so your crow won't last for long.

I refuse to believe anyone in LoG are a bunch of speciests to birds. That's just silly. XP lol

But if avians are truly a no-no due to whatever good reasons, then I can think of other species who could replace the crows with similar background story.

Like bats. Would bats be more acceptable?

I think Moles are officially Rabbit Clan members due to their Burrow based society..

Moles would make good allies with the rabbits, actually.

Though I wouldn't pick the moles as the Loyalists-candidates since the rabbits are already covering the burrowing-part. I would rather pick a species that would help benefit them in a way which they can't naturally do themselves.

On that topic though, how would each lesser clan differ from their larger clan counterparts?

That would vary depending on the natural abilities of the species (like how the snow leopards rely on stealth than strength than wolves do and the bisons are bit more tempermental than the bears). But one thing the lesser clan have in common lore-wise is that they do not possess a kingdom of their own. They are not as prosperous as the greater clans are and living in small communities.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:37:35 PM by Krillos »

Crazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 11:38:32 PM »
I love this idea, it allows for more animals to be in the game and adds to the lore and creates a feeling that there is more to this world then Rabbits, Bears, Wolves and rats(yes I know the bandits are going to be a thing, but still).

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 09:52:05 AM »
It sounds good but what are the characters' names and abilities?

Krillos

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »

I purposely left those out so that people could be free to use their imagination, especially for Team LoG.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »
Ironically I think this would put Cats in the Rat clan as a Raven substitute.

Cats supporting rats?

I don't think even in the crazy kingdom of whacky alliances this could be possible.  I'd go with the bats...at least they are called "Fledermaus" in german so they share the rodent part of the clan.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 12:52:46 AM »
Spymaster and Mercurio work together in the Prologue.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 07:11:56 AM »

I purposely left those out so that people could be free to use their imagination, especially for Team LoG.

Aww, you're gonna' make me think?  I already thought of four Armello characters, though.

Krillos

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »

Aww, you're gonna' make me think?  I already thought of four Armello characters, though.

It's completely voluntarily,  you don't have to if you don't wanna.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:55:08 AM by Krillos »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »
I was trying to be funny.

I do like the ideas that went into the Loyalists, I would love to see what kinds of characters they are.  With my own characters the Exiles, I tried to make them as interesting as possible.  Both as characters with their own lore and as gameboard pieces.  Each of them comes with an ability no other hero has.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:05:18 AM by CrazyBob05 »