Author Topic: Feature Request: Native Nvidia Shadowplay Support  (Read 908 times)

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Feature Request: Native Nvidia Shadowplay Support
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:17:12 PM »
Hey there!

Nvidia graphics cards have a feature called Shadowplay that lets you record gameplay on the fly. It's supposed to work on nearly every game that uses DirectX, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to work natively with Armello.

There is a workaround, but it requires you to turn on desktop recording before launching the game... which I always forget to do. Since Shadowplay works at the hardware level, you normally don't have to remember it's there until you need it.

Anyway, it would be fantastic if Armello could be made to support this feature natively!

Thanks! :D

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Re: Feature Request: Native Nvidia Shadowplay Support
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:19 PM »
Hey Calico,

Are there any other Unity games that use that? As far as we were aware it SHOULD work out of the box. It reads straight off the graphic cards buffer.

<3

Lisy

Calico

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • about.me
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »
Hey Lisy!

Ya, I was under the impression that it was something that would just work with everything! So I just booted up three games that I'm aware use Unity: Never Alone, Teslagrad and Hearthstone. Never Alone did have the functionality, while Teslagrad and Hearthstone do not.

From what I can tell, the thing that Armello has in common with Teslagrad and Hearthstone is that all three run in windowed fullscreen mode, while Never Alone runs in true fullscreen.

Is there a way to get Armello to run in true fullscreen? I see there's a custom graphics option, but it doesn't seem to bring up any options.

No worries if there's nothing that can be done about it!

Calico

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • about.me
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »
The most recent Nvidia driver update fixed this and Armello is now recognized by Shadowplay! Yay! :D