Author Topic: Armello - Usurpers Hero Pack coming August 30!  (Read 6006 times)

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
Re: Armello - Usurpers Hero Pack coming August 30!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 04:35:57 PM »
I know it feels bad... and it is rough... but the releasing on different platforms is a different concern from making all platforms exactly equal.

It's like, a lot of the comunity would love to be able to play multiplayer games against people on other platforms... even the Devs from LoG would love that... but it is not an easy thing, even though, from the outside they seem 90% of the way there.

Likewise, adding the DLC content would required developing systems outside of the scope of development to make sure people could get the EXTRA content simply and with out complication OUTSIDE of steam/xbox/playstations delivery networks.

It would be great, but it's a lot of development time up front to accommodate a market that may or no pay and, (even if they did,) may not cover the development expense.

This all sounds like a lecture, and that is a bit of a d**k move by me... I'm really sorry. :(

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
Hey thacobell,

Insomnicron and Kletian are right, we'd really love to be able to justify continued support for DRM free but unfortunately we need to be careful in how we invest our time as we want to thrive as a development studio.  I respect and understand that you might be a GoG fan, but it's not viable for us to prioritise it over other platforms.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

thacobell

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
I don't really have a good reply to this. The whole situation is disappointing enough to make me think twice about supporting future products.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:03:56 AM »
Hey thacobell,

I totally get it. It's essentially just bad luck that it's not viable for us to lean into the platform that you prefer at this time. Who knows though, future games we make may have a different audience and function in a way that utilizes the strengths of DRM-free moreso.

Don't hate the player, hate the game (not Armello, the current economy of game distribution). We're just doing our best.

<3 Darcy

thacobell

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 05:06:30 AM »
Players are still responsible for their actions. But the company clearly has no interest in supporting all their customers. I'll shut up now and stop wasting my time.