Author Topic: Armello - Usurpers Hero Pack coming August 30!  (Read 6035 times)

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
Re: Armello - Usurpers Hero Pack coming August 30!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
Sargon seems so OP, at least with my playstyle.

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 06:12:11 PM »
Sargon definitely looks cool, love his ability and the way he teleports to where he wants to go (and his death animation is a little funny, he reminds me of Mr. Burns for some reason) but I've got an itchy finger wanting to play Magna, just because it's fun to reflect enemy attacks back at them.
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums

Agalan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 08:51:44 PM »
It would be good if we have more information before buying the DLC please...
So let's see :

Elyssia :  3 fight - 5 body - 5 wits - 3 spirit

Sargon :  3 fight - 4 body - 5 wits - 4 spirit

Magna : ?

Ghor : ?

What are  effects of new rings? Something more useful for the wolf clan than the Celestite?

Edit 1 : Elyssia added
Edit 2 :  Magna added

Edit : after many games, I haven't see any player with Sargon or Ghor... or using new rings.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:16:19 AM by Agalan »

xyan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 03:08:42 AM »
Magna: 5 f - 6 b - 3 w - 2 s

wolf ring: +3 fight when you have 1 health

Ghor: 3 f - 6 b - 3 w - 4 s

bear ring: battles and perils, +1 moon if you have 0 rot

rabbit ring: +1 magic every dawn

rat ring: +1 gold when you escape a peril

Imo, wolf ring is one of the least valuable wolf rings. same goes for the bear ring and rat ring. the rabbit ring is actually quite good considering it will always be active and is essentially +1 spirit (but 1 turn delayed and no extended cast range or quest buff), allowing you to get that much more value from fight or wits amulets. this rabbit ring is probably the best rabbit ring, at least for me. I think the new rings balance the clans out a bit, because the other clans had stronger or a larger number of good rings than the rabbit clan.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:11:27 AM by xyan »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 04:51:54 AM »
Regarding the rings.  They are unlocked immediately at purchase, so for newer players they are best compared to the clan's starting rings.

Wolf- this is really going to depend on how often you end up at 1 hp.   Considering the plethora of snipe cards, it's not a scenario you want to engineer for yourself often, but 3 fight is nothing to sneeze at.  It could provide the shields needed to save your life; and if you wanted to architect a suicide attack, walking into swamps to activate it could be quite powerful.  I'd certainly consider using it before I unlocked Celestite.

Rat- Rats are good at perils and tend to rely on money, so it's a pretty good synergy for someone who avoids direct combat.   Evasion is of course better for defense, and the exploding sword better for aggressive play, but definately better than the first 2 rings.

Rabbit- great for rabbit casters, since using tons of money to power trickery only gets you so far.   Fills a different niche than the other rings (Sunstone is bad though)

Bear Ring- Like I just said, I dislike Sunstone immensely.  This is better because it's easier to activate unless you are trying for Rot (so like quartz, you don't take it if you want rot).  Problem is, the best Rot players wont decide to get Rot until after the game has started and they've seen their early draws, quest rewards, and bane spawns.  Ergo, I'd like this ring better if there was a way to change what ring you had equipped after the game started.

Agalan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 05:24:34 AM »
Haaa, thanks!

The wolf ring looks great and scary, except for River.

By the way, my main character is River and my secondary is Barnaby. In third place come Thane et four place Brun. As you see, I prefer offensive hand-to-hand gameplay, it's why  I'm only interested by Magna. Same attack than Thane, but with a much better body. Other are physical too weak for me.

So bad we can't buy only one character. Well, bye Usurpers~

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 07:51:36 AM »
I think that possibly the bear ring should give an extra moon, to make it more attractive as a choice. How often do you finish a game without getting a single rot? And rot is not that easy to get rid of either.

Teppo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »
What happened to the DLC?  I can't find it in the PSN store.  There's pictures in the part where it says, "New Add-ons" but when I click on it, it says content unavailable.

thacobell

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 05:36:38 AM »
When can we expect to see the dlc come to the gog version?

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 07:16:44 AM »
Hey Thacobell (Great name btw!) :D

Here is a link to LoGs "year 2 roadmap" post:
http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=2613.0

Sadly they mention it's just not possible for them to keep all the same features of the Steam version of Armello in the GoG version... DLC being one of the features they mention falling into that "no can do" space.

But they do mention they are planning doing all they can to keep it up to date with the features that they can port across.

thacobell

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »
Wow, they say they can't support it fully, yet still plan on releasing no less than 3 new versions on different platforms? Thats incredibly insulting. If I want the full experience, I have to either put up with DRM or drop hundreds of dollars on a console?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 09:24:13 AM »
Because they want the DLC to be "Sharable" when in private multiplayer, they didn't have a good solution for activating the DLC that wasn't an account system verification (that GoG bans on principle).   It's not like normal DRM that's intrusive or stops working offline.

When they release for phones (which they have to do as part of the Kickstarter) it's possible those platforms will be feature gimped too.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:20 AM »
I mean, how you feel about it is up to you Thacobell, I'd never suggest otherwise... BUT (and they say anything before a but doesn't count...)

They are a small studio.
You can look at it and say "it is insulting that different versions don't get all the features"
Or, another way to look at it is: it is pretty amazing that more than 1 version exists at all.

You can also look at it that some versions are missing features or, more accurately, that EXTRA features beyond the original scope were added to the main development version with the scant resources the company had... and a good number of those features were also transplanted to the other versions.

As I said, your feelings are your own, and I can understand being upset... it sucks when your own version of something feels lesser than other peoples version... but MY feelings are that, if it was possible for LoG to create parity with the resources of their studio, they of course would... but it appears that they can't right now.

Rough, but understandable, yeah?

thacobell

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 01:33:40 PM »
They say they can't bring them up to parity, but at the same time they have plans for several new ports on completely different platforms. They claim they can't fully support 2 versions, but are gonna at least 3 more? That makes zero sense.

thacobell

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »
Its just extremely disappointing and frustrating. I freaking LOVE Armello, and would pick up any and all DLC in a heartbeat. I'm feeling completely left out pf the cool kids party simply because of my choice of gameing platform.