Author Topic: A bit of an idea and feedback  (Read 975 times)

zanzibar196

• View Profile
A bit of an idea and feedback
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:45:06 PM »
First off, the king is a creature, right? So why can't spells, items, abilities, etc... target the king just like any other creature? For example, I have 4 spirit stones... I want to keep the king alive, and I'm standing right next to him... why can't I use wyldsap to heal him and keep the game going?

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of an idea and feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
Hrm... it would be interesting, but it would probably also break the game. As much as I would love to play Mirror Image on the King and stop any would-be assassin, allowing the King to be targetable might just open up a huge can of worms.

Could just be an errata or a change to the Crown of Armello card: "The wearer is the King of Armello, and may not retreat from battle or be targeted by card effects." Really, it would just serve as a kind of visual reminder/justification for new players.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 05:36:18 PM »
That is a really elegant solution Dragoncrescent.
Although does that cause any weirdness if you wear a mirror cape against the king? (no, right?)

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »
It wouldn't cause the Mirror cape only effects the combat it is in.  Then again, having previous negative card effects being REMOVED if you had the mirror cape in the King fight would actually make it worth equipping.

Melphina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 05:11:45 AM »
So you think it would be a good idea to let us cast spirit strike on the king? Keep in mind I've had 12-15 MP in some cases thanks to  wyld born, moon juice, and a bit of random dungeon luck. That doesn't even touch upon all of the OTHER nukes and hurt me now cards.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »
That is a really elegant solution Dragoncrescent.
Although does that cause any weirdness if you wear a mirror cape against the king? (no, right?)

Thanks! Basically, what Kletian said. Since Mirror Cape only applies its effect during combat, it's only the Crown of Armello for the few tense seconds you're fighting the King. Once you've left combat, you're either the King yourself or the Mirror Cape is no longer mimicking the Crown - thus you would be vulnerable again. It wouldn't apply retroactively to purge you of card effects.