Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Fur Con  (Read 1550 times)

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
Rocky Mountain Fur Con
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:55:26 AM »
Bought tickets and registered today. There are enough furries around here to ask...any of you going to be there? We should have drinks (or meet at the gym/pool if you do not drink) if so. Reply or PM me!

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Rocky Mountain Fur Con
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »
I would love to go, but it's just too far. It's a time and money issue, and, well, I have little sway in either right now.

It's my dream to go to a fur con at some point, but I wouldn't want to be there alone. I think the stars would have to line up pretty well and everything fall into place for that to happen, but I'm hopeful.

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
I have been fortunate to live within driving distance of a few, but actually have never been to any other than AC (when I lived in Pennsylvania) until FC this year because of the inflexible teaching schedule. That definitely changes this year, since the hotel for Furry Fiesta is literally two miles from our apartment.

Most (socially-capable) furries are extremely friendly and helpful to their own. With a little intensive networking, ride sharing and room sharing can make the trip surprisingly affordable...although this is outside the comfort zone for strong introverts as I interpret you are (sharing/spontaneous socialization is a little easier for me as a weakly-introverted ISTJ). Anyway, I will certainly budget an hour or two for you if you ever make it to a con I am at!

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 02:24:36 AM »
Aw, thanks Leftcross.   :)

It's true; I am an introvert, and it's hard for me to be that impulsive, but it's also something I've always wanted, so it kinda drives me. If there were a social group of furs I could get into, I think that would help out a lot. Maybe that was my subconscious ulterior motive for backing this project - it just seemed like something that would attract like-minded folks.

The Rocky Mountains sound really neat. I'm not far from the Appalachian range, and it's one of my favorite places.