Author Topic: My Little Usability Wishlist  (Read 833 times)

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
My Little Usability Wishlist
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:16:38 PM »
Hi there!

There are a few little minor tweaks I would love to see implemented in an update someday, and I thought I'd list them here!

-Ability to map mouse buttons natively
I have a five button mouse, and I currently use the driver's software to map my quest and focus on self to the two side buttons. For some reason, the drivers don't allow the scroll wheel button to be mapped. I'd love it if the game allowed us to map mouse buttons natively so I could make the scroll wheel focus on current turn-taker!

-Alternate control mapping
To go along with the above, I'd love a second column of control mappings. So the mouse and keyboard could both be mapped to the same action!

-Dedicated view battle / peril button
I like to watch other players battle and face perils, but I also tend to be looking around the board a lot. Sure it's easy enough to focus back on them and then click the little icon... but I'd love a control map that snaps back to the current turn taker and views their battle / peril without having to click the icon!

-Option to disable mouse-over tips
Most of the tool tips are fine, and actually I would say some of them shouldn't be affected by the option (like mousing over what a clan ring does in battle, for example). The tutorial-like ones are what I'd love to disable, especially the burn cards one in the center of a battle. It's just so HUGE, and it's ~always~ right under the mouse when you click into a battle / peril. Also, it's area of activation is rather large... and there's a little bug where the edge of the purple of a corrupted character will activate it as well (I reported this in game, but it's still there). I spend a lot of time trying to move the mouse out of the way... only to have the battle end and the mouse is on the edge zooming my view off into the distance! Anyway ya... would be nice to turn off the tips.

-Gamify quest risk / reward
Ok... this isn't a usability suggestion, but it's something I've thought about. Right now the quest rewards are very much up to the RNG gods. I'd love it if it were gamified a bit so we felt at least a little in control, similar to having to roll the dice. I was thinking the tiles could be face down to begin with, the player clicks one and they all flip over. The one that was clicked is then either the reward or failure.

So that's my little wishlist! Hope it all makes sense!

Thanks for reading! :D

Calico

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Re: My Little Usability Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:05:55 PM »
Another suggestion! The ability to lock in dice to a collection!

What I mean is, when you finally have dice that you don't plan to market, trade, transmogify, etc, it would be great to have a button that removes it from your steam / Armello inventory and just makes that dice permanently unlocked for play.

This way you wouldn't have dice sitting in your steam or Armello inventory that you plan on keeping. Of course, this could be reversed too :D

Yup!

Calico

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Re: My Little Usability Wishlist
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »
...I'm just going to keep replying to myself ^///^

Now that the War Chest chests, keys and dice are out in the wild, I can really see our inventories getting cluttered and unmanageable. I stand by my suggestion above to allow us to lock in dice to a collection.

I also think that the inventory should be divided by collection in the same way the card gallery is divided by card type.

Yup! :D