Author Topic: Times Armello Has Made You... Cheer!?!?  (Read 2203 times)

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Times Armello Has Made You... Cheer!?!?
« on: July 16, 2016, 07:08:38 PM »
We've all had those times when RNGesus has forsaken us and nothing goes our way.

...This thread is not about those times! :D
Instead, let's hear some of your crazier stories! To start, I figured I would give good ol' Thane a try. What started off as a very good Spirit Stone run turned suddenly VERY sour after I equipped the Marauder Gauntlets. How could I not? So pretty... so useful...

Well, one failed Dark Influence peril later, I find myself with 3 Rot. Eh... guess I have a look going. I'll go fight this Bane and get us BOTH killed.

At some point, I realize I have 7 rot to the King's 5. Thanks to an earlier Call of the Worm turning Heavy Plate Armor into a Rot card, I draw JUST what I need from the Item deck to buy my way into the Palace.  The other players didn't seem happy about that, though I survived to dusk with 1 HP... and draw a Wyldsap!!

Oh, the King is about to have a VERY bad day... :D

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
Re: Times Armello Has Made You... Cheer!?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:03:26 AM »
Dang, I've had a few crazy victories on Multiplayer, like storming the castle using Barnaby with an abnormally high spirit (I had a lot of focus cards) and having enough magic to buff Barnaby like crazy.

That's been quite a while though.
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 02:00:49 PM »
Had a crazy win today. Was playing as Thane, ended up corrupted, and somehow ended up as one of two Rot Lords playing against two Spiritwalkers. To make matters worse, the other Rot player was River, which meant that our tenuous alliance went up in smoke the moment the King hit 1 HP, and every player other than me could win just by clicking on him. Somehow I managed to get through a Spirit Peril, take on the King with a 5 dice handicap, and still win a combat victory.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

nunofreitas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:36:39 PM »
Had a very fast win with Sana today. First turn I choose a spirit stone quest to get some spirit and play some cards to free my hand. A spiritstone spawned on my quest and I complete it successfully.  For 4 turns i kept getting immolations moonbites and spirit strikes. Another stone spawns right next to me and I get a cristalyze. Marched on the palace and got spirit stone victory while the king still had 5 health. My opponents tried to stop me but the constant barrage of offensive spells got me the victory.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:39:59 PM by nunofreitas »

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:53:13 AM »
Started the game with two rot cards in my hand (hot rot wine and poison gift), so I thought I'd go for a rot victory.  Never drew another rot card, wound up with four rot at the end (failed quest for one point, mutual death to a bane - on purpose - for the other), so obviously I couldn't get the rot victory.

Rather than just give up, I finished my last quest and then killed myself with blizzard to get closer to the castle.  Got in over a guard's dead body (jerk refused to move during the dawn phase), healed myself after Thane threw an axe at me, and attacked the king.

The king can be a major pain even without giving him four more dice from rot.  I compensated as best I could with mirror image and three shield cards to burn.  For some reason the big cat didn't get his usual six rot rolls and I got three overkill, blocking all but three damage.  I seriously hadn't thought I had a chance of getting out of that alive, but it worked out anyway.

xyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 02:03:16 PM »
Just got out of a game just now. I was Elyssia, and there was also Brun, Ghor, and River. I did my thing slowly at the start, as quests led me away from 2 of my settlements on the left wall towards Ghor, but I picked up 1 on the right at the start as I could get first quest right after. 4-5 turns in, I had 3 settlements and 2 quests done, get sniped on my way to 3rd quest after being plagued twice from others (at 3 rot with 5/5/5/3 isnt a good start with banes being hogged by a river who is already corrupted and a ghor who is trying to be, plus brun killing them to jump up in prestige).

At this point, I have 1 prestige and no bane in sight or luck in card draw to get more rot. I slanderous the brun to get him back to equal level with the other two, then start rolling trickery cards and start questing for combat/rot path. NOTE: I will never never never never ever go settlement gold ring elyssia again (52 unused gold at end of game despite spamming trickery after using up 4 magic in 1-2 cards). About 4 turns left, I jump up to 7 rot equal to king just before he gets 8th, and I'm 1 behind on brun's prestige - river is falling hard now but is threatening palace. Brun enters and decides not to risk his prestige win. MY OPPORTUNITY LIVES.

River enters and dies at dawn 8,  brun once again thinks he's settled as Ghor is now 2 prestige behind and has only 6 rot. I'm at clan grounds thanks to stranger killing me instantly previous turn at a stone circle (but still only 1 prestige behind after guards die in palace battles). LITERALLY NOTHING I CAN DO NOW, BUT... Brun would win if not bad RNG, but decides to wait it out again. Win condition for me? get 2 prestige or kill 4/7 hp brun who is 6 ap away from attacking. I TOPDECK SPIRIT STRIKE WITH 4 MAGIC. kill the bane in front of me to save the settlement for 1 prestige, and walk in range to kill brun for 2 more and everyone outside of palace. ghor has no follow up. river enters palace, but no rot wine for snipe. I win my biggest comeback ever.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:04:54 PM by xyan »

Kurowolfe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 01:44:54 AM »
Registered to this forum just to share my story xD But how could I not, when I got a fight victory with Amber of all heroes.

So I usually picked Amber when I feel like challenging myself to a victory with the most median stat hero. Managed to do quests relatively easy, despite the constant attacking from River and Magna, who were not happy when I chose the +1 Rot for everyone for the King's proclamation. Boosted my Fight and got it to 6 because I wanna have more options when being attacked by people, and I think almost all of my hero battles are me defending against the two wolves.

Then I found myself completing all my quests, and having only one spirit stone, so I decided to wing it and go fight the King. When I got there, it was Dawn with King 3HP. Lost my first bout against the King with no attacks whatsoever. Magna, even when she just needed to reach the final quest herself, decided to keep trolling me and attacked me as I was heading for a 2nd round. Thank goodness for the +2 dice on Plains ring, I managed to keep her at bay and even kill her with Overkill 5 and just 1HP left. River got all 4 stones and tried entering the palace the normal way, but only managed to get in at the very last turn.

Anyway, got into the castle again and fended off all the guards. Defended against Magna, and managed to kill her again by defending. Fought the King a second time, only managed to shave his HP off to 1. Then Magna came again and fought me, again losing but managing to shave my HP down to 1. Then suddenly Zosha, who was pretty much losing the game, gave her Wyldsap and Evil Eye at me. That pushed me really hard, and at the final turn, got 7 cards and burned my way through to kill the King in the third fight with 2HP to spare. Couldn't thank the Zosha player enough for their help in the end

MartianPotato

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »
The first multiplayer game I won, I was playing Magna against a Ghor, a Amber, and a River. i was the prestige leader by a small margin with River in the palace, the king at 1 health, at night. I'm hoping to God that someone has something to stop her, and Ghor's last action on his turn he gave me a mirror  image, so i push into the palace, win a fight against river, and end my turn. River's turn comes around and she hits me with two throwing axes, I keel over and die, then slowly watch in horror, by now my prestige is equal to Ghor and River, and River summons a bane, River was equipped with a lantern and two spyglasses, meaning 4 extra dice in combat and perils, added to an already hefty 6 fight and the free 1 health from her arrow, the one saving grace is that the bane has 5 rot and River has 4, I watch with bated breath as they roll.

And cheer in victory as they kill each other.

Yapping Eevee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »
Had my biggest win so far just now; I was playing as Sana against a Barnaby, Amber and Zosha.  The prestige game stayed fairly even for the first half, while Zosha managed to scrounge up a full set of spirit stones and bust into the palace... only to reveal their fatal error of using the Turquoise ring. The palace guards just wouldn't stop chasing her out! (Luckily she didn't have the foresight to enter during the day at any point.)

Meanwhile, I had the good fortune to get the Wyldfire Staff as a quest reward. On top of the basic bear clan ring, this gave me more than enough magic to blast anyone who got near me or ended up on low health within 8 tiles.  ;D By the end of things, everyone else had been denied several attempts to attack the king, and I was on 18 prestige compared to their 1 or 2. Throw in a win streak, underdog and two commendations, and I got seven whole stars for that slaughter.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:00:46 PM by Yapping Eevee »

SBF1

• A Mystery Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »
Ahaaaa, okay, so, this one was a fun one. It was four-ish days or so after I'd bought the game, and I finally decided to go for my first Spirit Stone victory since I'm still practicing with the AI. I had actually managed to pick up all four stones fairly quick (two through some very lucky gambles on quests, two through stone circles) and I'd just managed to accidentally get Bountied, defeated and sent back to the clan grounds.

So then on the third-to-last day, Amber manages to break the first Peril on the western gardens and sneaks inside. I'm two spaces behind her, with full health and a decent kit of items, so I could probably drive her out on my next turn. I'm both full of energy because I'm ready to get my first victory, and I'm pumped to finish the job.

Night falls. A Bane appears at a nearby dungeon... and sticks its neck right in-between Amber and I. (I'm Thane, by the by.) Me, not one to back down from a challenge, immediately cuts the Bane to ribbons, then damages Amber enough to shove her out of the way. Sana then draws near, also breaking a peril and entering the palace from one of the other sides. Unfortunately, I realize that I'm up against very bad odds, since there's two guards in the palace itself that are going to attack me when morning comes (plus a few guards just outside on Sana's side), and fighting both the Bane and Amber left me with a middling amount of health. Unless I get extremely lucky, there's no way that I won't just die again...

Unless, of course, I get Desertion.

So now I'm bouncing in my computer chair, absolutely emotionally charged and totally pumped and ready to put the King to his rest, and I watch as the guards in the castle all disappear.  Of course, the guards outside the castle are still a problem - but they're closer to Sana than they are to me, but that just makes me worry that Sana might die and leave me unprotected on that side, or Sana will die and the guards will go after me afterward. But no only does she not die, she manages to constantly and consistently roll Shields when defending against both guards, tanking the attacks like an absolute champ. It was kind of insane.

So then of course my turn finally comes, I walk right in and purify the king and that's that. It was awesome.  :D

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 07:42:16 AM »
Guuh, I just had the WORST game as Barnaby. Three people, all queued together and obviously helping each other. A Thane at full health that waltzed right past Amber with 1 HP. The Amber would NOT stop picking on me, at one point literally teleporting across the board just to Immolate me at 1 Range. All the while, I could NOT draw Shield cards for the life of me.

My only saving grace was that I'd drawn the Silver Lance pretty early on. The silly rabbit thought to Immolate me from her tile on the plains. Now, admittedly, she had the Emerald Ring AND the Lionheart Breastplate. I'm sure she was feeling pretty secure standing next to Barnaby with at least 4 shields. I equip Iron Pike attack onto her tile, puncturing through 3 of her Shields and killing her, a Fugitive. I'm feeling pretty good that I at LEAST got to take my revenge on Amber... until Night falls and she nukes me with Lightning Strike. I haven't even been able to complete my second quest!! :(

So that's it, then. The King is down to 1 Health on the dawn of the last day and I'm stuck in my Clan Grounds. Amber has all the Spirit Stones in the world and Thane has a runaway Prestige lead. I am screwed. At that moment, I can hear Seto Kaiba of Yugioh fare declaring "Draw your last pathetic cards so I can END this, Barnaby."

Marauder Gauntlets
Heavy Plate Armor
Strategist
Plague

No. Way. I start making my way to the Palace. Amber attacks me again, but swapping out Iron Pike and Adventurer's Kit for the Gauntlets and the Heavy Armor, she couldn't even scratch me while I impaled her again. Night falls and I get whacked with Moonbite and Aflame. Well... there went 90% of MY health. I waddle up to the castle walls, attacking into a Guard with Heavy Plate/Gauntlets/Adventurer Kit and blocking his 4 hits, pushing him out. I spend Iron Pike and Plague on the Palace Peril, the Resist Amulet giving me the Shield I need. One of my 5 dice shows up Wyld and I'm in!!

Both the King and I have only 1 health. Suns are going to explode, and I have a point of Rot. There's no way this is gonna end well for me.
-BONSAI!!-
Use Strategist. Swap out the Adventurer's Kit for Silver Lance again and spend my Kit as a Shield for a total of 6. The Piercing hit will kill him, I just... Have... To survive!
Incredibly, I endure the King's 7-hit rampage. It's a good thing for the Lance, too; my weak offense roll wouldn't have gotten through his shields otherwise.

Needless to say, not one of them commended me at the end of that. Still got the Underdog star, plus the other stars for winning the match. Topdecking LYFE!! :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:56:13 AM by dragoncrescent »

G0vnah

• View Profile
    • IZ:TDM!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 04:25:07 AM »
Alright, I've gotta write this down FAST, before I forget. But HOLY cow was this a close one!

Okay, so I'm Elyssia.

I'm planning on a prestige victory.

The game starts off, I'm up against Zosha, Magna, and River. Okay, no biggie. Zosha's the only other one with a prestige amulet, so I'm wary, but not scared.

Game's going fine. We're questing, doing things as usual...

During the opening, I stumble across a spirit stone in a dungeon, and one spawns on me at night, when I'm in a stone circle. Eh, not really great, considering the victory I'm going for, but whatever. I'll take it.

*SUDDENLY*, Magna and River play allies pact to EACHOTHER, along with a merchant's agreement. This is the mid-point of the game.

I go on a rampage as best as I can, playing trickery and spell cards to them in hopes of killing them and ending their pacts - NO such luck. Meanwhile, Zosha's just racking up prestige right and left. Zosha has 11, I have 9, River has 15, and Magna has 22! Yeah, TWENTY-TWO prestige.

So, at this point, I realize that my "prestige" victory is well and thoroughly out the window. I've been snatching and fortifying towns right and left to help finance my cards, but they are dominating, and getting worse! (or, better, I suppose, lol)

Then it occurred to me that I have two spirit stones... and a third one's right next to me. I grab it without a second thought, and cross my fingers that next evening's stone is in an accessible place.

Surprise, surprise! It's just out of my reach. I beeline for it, but am not able to reach it. It becomes morning. The king is now at one health - this is it. If I *don't* get a spirit stone AND make it to the palace, AND avoid banishment by other players, it's all over!

The way to get the stone puts me at a disadvantage, though. I dont' have enough AP! If I grab the stone, I'll be stuck outside the castle gates! Even if I get in at nighttime, it's over - whoever has the most prestige has won!

My turn rolls around, and I go through the trickery deck, basically resigned to my defeat at this point...

I draw strategist.

I had to do a double-take on that: I DREW A STRATEGIST CARD!

My heart's pounding. I grab the spirit stone, barely make it INTO the palace gardens (thank Wyld I had a key given to me!), and  spend all my other cards all around the map, fingers crossed that I live to my next turn. Did I mention I'm the fourth player? No? Well, there ya go. I'm the fourth player, so now I have to sit there and wait while all three of the others scramble to kill and/or banish me!

Zosha and Magna stumble into eachother. There's a scuffle. They both die. Neither can reach me now. The only contender left is... River. Who is literally three spaces from me! The only thing between us is a dungeon with a peril on it.

She heads to the dungeon, burns her cards, rolls her dice... AND FAILS THE PERIL.

A bane pops up and attacks her, and - though she emerges unscathed - her AP is sapped. She takes a moment, I assume to look at her cards and see if there's *ANYTHING* that can be used to stop me.

There isn't.

Suddenly it's my turn, and the other three are congratulating me on a game well played! I banish the king with my last-minute spirit stones, and emerge from a victory that I didn't think possible literally five minutes before.

So, yes, this was one of the absolute best Armello games I've ever played. And man oh man did my opponents do well! Seriously, if it weren't for that spirit stone spawn AAAND the lucky "Strategist" draw, I would have predictably lost. They seriously played WONDERFULLY.

But that makes the unexpected victory so much sweeter!

EDIT: Also... HOLY COW, dragoncrescent! :O
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:27:07 AM by G0vnah »

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 06:17:27 AM »
That point where you have a prestige win only because of literally one last dice fail / succeed when your opponent combats the king.

CaptainRed1000

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
Moments that made me cheer? Well, I dunno about that.

Maybe this moment right here,

https://clips.twitch.tv/HappyAdorableOrangeYouDontSay

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 02:09:21 AM »
I decided to play a round as Sylas.  He doesn't really suit my playing style, but I still figured I'd give him a chance.  My opponents were River, Amber and Sana.

River disconnected as soon as her first quest resulted in a point of rot.  Amber has apparently decided that I'm the biggest threat, because every single harmful spell she draws, she sends my way... this started on her first turn when she slapped me with a 'wake the trees' card that prevented me from reaching my first quest on the next turn, and continued for most of the game.  Sana is more or less allied with Amber, having played an Ally's Pact on her first turn.  She was focusing on me for spell perils too.  As you might guess, this makes for a frustrating game.

I finally got a chance to move around the board when Sana collected four spirit stones and Amber suddenly decided that the alliance was over.  In the next few turns I get more third and fourth quests finished, while Sana quests into the palace and dies to guards... twice, once aided by Amber's lightning strike.  I look at the situation - Amber's got 15 prestige to my five, so forget trying to slap her around for a prestige win.  I have one spirit stone.  Killing the king is my only option, as the Stranger walks me into a swamp to bring me down to 2 HP.  Yeah, this isn't going to end well.

I go into the castle.  Night's about to fall, so at least I don't have to worry about guards attacking me.  I slap Slanderous Toads on Amber, just to get it out of my hand; a sun symbol isn't going to do me any good, and maybe I could draw a wyldsap.  Amber's turn is next, and she enters the palace where Sana broke in.  Apparently she was finally out of offensive spells, because she didn't fry me for the fifth time this game.  I draw an item for my next turn... battle armor.  Not what I'd hoped for, but I can make this work.

Equipping the battle armor gives me four shields, one reflective, and one sword.  Being Sylas and an automatic traitor for attacking the king gives me three more swords.  I burn the five cards I have in hand, conveniently using every single one of my dice since the battle armor takes one away.  That's two more swords, two moons and a shield.  A grand total of eight strikes, plus one reflected, and five shields.  All I have to do is hope that the king, who has nine dice thanks to my rot, fails to get 7+ damage.

The king got five strikes and died.  I claimed the throne as Sana, ticked that Amber messed with her after their little alliance, uses spirit strike to drop the bunny too.  Pulling a win after being ganged up on all game, and seeing my main tormentor fried after the king drops... yes, I'd say that's worth a cheer.