Author Topic: LoG on twitch past broadcasts limited to subscribers  (Read 812 times)

Col. Hathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
LoG on twitch past broadcasts limited to subscribers
« on: July 16, 2016, 12:46:18 AM »
I may be wrong here, but has the past broadcasts been limited to subscribers only? I went there earlier to see what I've been missing and found that I couldn't access any of LoG's past broadcasts unless I'd subscribed to the channel.

None of my business of course, but it seems a little... I dunno. I'm assuming (and hoping) it's a mistake of course. It'd be nice if the newbies and potential buyers had a place to go look at the game while the channel is offline.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: LoG on twitch past broadcasts limited to subscribers
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »
Hey Col. Hathi, thanks for reaching out!

The previous broadcasts are limited to subscribers but we upload the Devs vs Community session to YouTube every week. It's likely that more content will land on our channel when we create some more time for editing etc.

We've opted to keep the previous broadcasts to Twitch to assist in driving subscribers to our channel! It's actually quite costly to spare the time from development to bring a bunch of content and our subscription model allows us to justify it. I hope you understand!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Col. Hathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »
I can't imagine restricting past broadcasts to subscribers would help any, but I'm happy that some of it is still being uploaded to youtube. And I appreciate the response :)

Spinosaure

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:47 AM »
I've noticed this too as well, I find this decision to be extremely greedy. Considering that you've added already so many micro transactions to your game which are besides quite expensive for some cosmetics, I'm really questioning your plans for the future.  Twitch is a great way to expand your fanbase and to get in touch with your community, unfortunately you put a paywall behind your past broadcasts and for what ? Dealing up with some "fees" ? What a joke.

Just to compare : Klei, another indie game studio which has more than the double of your overall followers on twitch never resticted their past broadcasts behind a paywall ever. What a strange way to treat your community with such a greedy attitude. Coming from such a small studio like yours, it's quite heartbreaking. I'm sure you guys could find other more honorable ways to ask for some support.