Author Topic: Kickstarter Projects  (Read 6130 times)

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 08:27:57 AM »
I think this needs to be shared here if just for the picture, but feel free to look at the project too.  :P

Save the Warp Weasels!
http://imgur.com/gallery/0PwuVzG/

Hobbes

• View Profile
    • My Steam Profile, add me if you wish to talk!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 12:41:44 AM »
I'm hooked up with Concrete Jungle, Starcrawlers, Into the Stars, Epic Manager, Darkest Dungeon and InnerSpace on Kickstarter right now. My involvement with those projects is variable (though I've been doing some haikus for Starcrawlers which have made it in \o/ ).

Then on Early Access, far, far too many to count. I consume Early Access like cthulhu consumes human souls. I snuck a poem into Secrets of Raetikon (it's part of the game scenery, if you can find it), Flaming Tungsten Donkeys into Zigfrak (yes, there's an actual weapon in there which is actual flaming tungsten donkeys on FIRE), helped bugtest and get the word out for Vertiginous Golf. The digital tiger is as the tiger does ;)

I try to get involved and where possible help smooth off rough edges, provide useful feedback, offer my rig as a testbed for anything technical (it's beefy, so it's good for running unoptimised builds), and since I've so much game experience under my belt (I started age 5 on a spectrum 48k and I've not stopped yet...), I try to apply what I know in a vaguely sane manner.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
Damn those are some nice claims to fame!
I am looking forward to epic manager but i missed backing!

Have you ever made any games yourself?

Hobbes

• View Profile
    • My Steam Profile, add me if you wish to talk!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 11:44:24 AM »
Alas, no. I am more seen as the "Rubber duck". I started out as that for a friend of mine who works in the Dutch Health Service, she does a lot of high level work for them in medical research and development, and she used to bounce a lot of code ideas and thoughts off of me, I'd listen, then put my own spin on those ideas, or turn them over and suggest other ways of looking at them, usually between us we'd find a way through an intractable issue.

I've always had something of a rep for solving -other- people's problems, usually the small to medium sort, or being able to dislodge little mental blockages, I suppose that comes from my Tiger-ish brain *Wry grin* Never much good at solving my own at times (if only, doctor heal thyself...).

More recently I've ended up involved helping out with various indie projects, and I tend to end up as the rubber duck when talking to devs and I listen to them, bounce some ideas back, and on occasion I throw up something useful or surprising or interesting. It keeps my brain sharp (my body is not in such great shape), and hey, I get to feel useful *playful*

Chizzie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:45 AM »