Author Topic: Introducing Ghor, The Wyldkin.  (Read 4417 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Introducing Ghor, The Wyldkin.
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:18:59 PM »

Ghor, along with Magna, Sargon and Elyssia will arrive in Armello soon.

Ghor's unique Hero power causes him to transform when on Forest tiles, granting him peculiar abilities. When amongst the trees, the Wyld courses through Ghor allowing him to cast Spells for less, and to any Forest Tile on the map.

Ghor is the last hero to be revealed for the upcoming DLC. Keep your ear to the ground, as maybe the upcoming DLC holds a little more than just Heroes.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
Re: Introducing Ghor, The Wyldkin.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 12:04:25 AM »
I shall now tentatively cross Xmas off the calendar... as the release date for this DLC seems a little more worthy of a count down to me! :D

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 12:26:44 AM »
Inverting the traditional druid wildform, I see.  Should be an interesting way to play... at least he doesn't have to end his turn on a forest, like Sana's original bonus.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 07:36:04 AM »
Wow, this is entirely not what I was expecting when LoG revealed the silhouette over Twitter. I assumed it was going to be another big, bulking bear creature, possibly carrying a gigantic tree-stump club. This is so much more unique!

As a big fan of fighting games, I love 'tag team' and transformative characters; the fighters who switch forms or tag in a partner during combat. Never thought I'd see that mechanic in Armello. So he becomes an extremely powerful spellcaster in the forests! Combined with the ring that refreshes magic if you're in the forest at dawn... I can totally see this guy stalking the woods and doing all he can to never leave. XD

I wonder if his character portrait and in-fight animation change, depending on what form he's in?

Presumptive Stats:
Body: 6 Fight: 3 Wits: 3 Magic: 4

jerbear3273

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 12:25:17 AM »
I know that you can't mention the release date just yet but I am just curious if PS4 players will have to wait longer for this update/DLC? Also will PS4 ever get dice skins like on PC? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »
Hey jerbear3273!

We definitely are updating PS4 shortly, and future updates will definitely come too, including the DLC. As you know, I don't have any dates for you at the moment but short answer, yes!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 02:46:31 AM »
So in the leaked description of the power, it seemed to stack with linked forest tiles.  I hope it's not still doing that, because even a 1 MP cost reduction while standing in any forest is a great power.

Combat

• Backer
  • Come on, does this look dangerous to you?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 04:42:52 AM »
By the looks of it, you are within range of all forests by being in one, I think that's what it means from linked, rather than you having to activate forests by moving round them

dragoncrescent

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »
Yeah, that's what I read from it too. Regardless of his Spirit rating, Forests are always considered 'in range' for Ghor's spells.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
Get this bear an apprentice STAT! :D

Because their ain't no party like a SUPER CHEAP SPELLS party! :D

Another Victory for the Moof Grebble fandom!

dragoncrescent

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 08:39:53 AM »
I wonder how his power interacts with Warlock? If it's -1 HP for TWO magic points... yeah. Ghor is gonna have Spells for DAYS. XD

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »
Can't wait to see the stats on the 3rd gen heroes... I'm GUESSING that Ghor will have a mid to low level spirit to compensate for their lower cost spells... but who knows! :D

If that was the case they could drop a world of low cost spells but still need a bit more "juice" for the higher cost stuff.

Time will tell!

TheTrueColada

• Just a happy gamer and lover of all things Armello
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 03:12:31 AM »
Ghor looks like Winnie the Pooh if he were a real life bear in Armello...with magical powers and the ability to transform into a tree I guess...nevermind he doesn't remind me of Winnie the Pooh...just the shape overall does