Author Topic: v1.4 Battle Tides - Battle System Enhancement  (Read 29636 times)

Combat

• Backer
  • Come on, does this look dangerous to you?!
    • View Profile
Re: v1.4 Battle Tides - Battle System Enhancement
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2016, 08:21:18 AM »
Sorry when I wrote this I was apparently having a senior moment, you are correct that what you said would increase the odds, apologies, it was only when I was thinking on it today that I realised I was completely wrong in what I was saying

Bartimeus

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2016, 05:14:10 AM »
Don't worry, your message wasn't aggressive at all. And I was happy that two people perfectly understood my text. English is not my first language, so I never know if people can understand me. And even in my first language when I begin to speak about Math most people can't follow, so your understanding is far better that you think.

L4g34s

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »
Unless getting a kill from poison gives you any kind of prestige the poisoned dagger quite sucks, considering that you have to burn a rot it won't be that efective if you aren't corrupted, so to use it properly you need to be corrupted, you need to land the poison attack, and you need to in the first place have a rot card to burn, but considering the cards with a rot symbol its probably a bad idea since most f them give you rot, with exceptions of hot rot wine(and you want it to kill the king without risking getting attacked), cursed lands(and that would be a good card to burn), dark influence(and you want to use it on yourself to get even more rot), rotten fog(another good card to burn with it), Bane's claw(third good card to burn). So there are 3 cards that would be good to burn when you have poisoned knife, the cards with rot symbol not mentioned here actually give you rot, so it would be a no go.

#1. Burning Rot cards in combat doesn't give you rot. I don't know where you're getting that from.

#2. The item says itself that if you burn a rot card, it will give you 1 poisoned hit. It does not say you have to be corrupted for that to take place. The card usually takes precedence over game rules.

#3. Who says you never want Rot? Rot victory is something you can do.

#1. Didn't say they did when you burned them, its just not worth it if you are going for a rot victory, since most cards with rot symbols give you rot when used.

#2. It does, but to equip it will give you 1 rot, that will give you damage every dawn, that will make fights against banes and the king a bit harder. Thats why I said its not worth if you're not going for a rot victory.

#3. Rot victories are oportunity earned, if you go into the game with a "lets do a rot win" mindset you may garantee a defeat, since you will probably be low in prestige do to suicide at banes, once you do get corrupted you don't get prestige for killing banes. So unless you have more rot than the king you are pretty sure to defeat, since killing the king is almost certain death, you have little to none spirit stones, prestige is probably low unless you got a bunch of kills, leaving no way to win unless a shitton of luck.

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2016, 07:48:09 AM »
Rot victories should be opportunity earned, but in reality they really aren´t. It takes so much planning and effort to get one that I really can´t see it happen in a normal game if the player was not aiming for it in the beginning (unless the other players plays a lot of rot cards to him or her).

Bartimeus

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2016, 06:58:41 AM »
Rot victories should be opportunity earned, but in reality they really aren´t. It takes so much planning and effort to get one that I really can´t see it happen in a normal game if the player was not aiming for it in the beginning (unless the other players plays a lot of rot cards to him or her).
Rot is black magic. Playing rot is supposed to be hard, because rot cards are powerful but have no cost.More you play with rot more the fights against Banes and the King are hard and more you are weak.If you have a lot of Rot points you pay the cost of playing with dark magic, you are doomed. So , yes when you are corrupted, the victory is harder to obtain.
 When you play a rot card, the game is unbalanced in your favor (it's a powerful free card) but later in the game the game is unbalanced in your defavor. The devil want is due.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2016, 12:54:51 PM »
Bringing this thread back to topic.  The Dice priority STILL needs to return, even with subsequent card changes:

1. We have  a static Piercing weapon, the rather rare Silver lance treasure.  Being something that's only seen a once a few games it really doesn't justify that piercing is often wasted.

2. Now the Longbow and the HandCannon are burn based instead of roll based.  While this can help prevent wasting in the new system, it often means that the effect will happen less than when it was luck based.  Making them worse.   If we rolled back both changes, they'd be better than they are now.  But if we can't turn them back to normal, they need more flexibility in burns.

3.  The Iron Pike has Longbows old effect, plus reflecting instead of piercing when defending.  The Reflection happens enough and is cheap enough to be a good weapon by its own, so the often wasted piercing isn't considered a loss. 

4. Poison dice are a giant mess.  They are too hard to activate, too easy to block, or too easy to land on a target that's going to die before they walk.

5. Reflection is doing ok, but it'd only be better if priority let it reliably counter piercing.