Author Topic: I'm Cosmironic and I'm here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff  (Read 1797 times)

Cosmironic

• View Profile
Points to you if you get the reference in the headline.  ;D

So this is me! I've been playing Armello for a couple of days now and I am hooked.
I primarily play single player games, so this is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game for a very long time.

I don't see myself stop playing Armello for some time, so I decided to join the official forums!  :D
This seems like a cozy environment, so it's already been worth it!

Looking forward to meet all of you!

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
Welcome!
"Let's be friends based on mutual hate. "
Reference: Got.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Welcome Cosmironic! Make yourself at home.

<3 Darcy

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
1...! 2...! 3...! 4...!
"Sooooo SAD" :D

Welcome to the forums, cosmironic! Man... whatever happened to the Scott Pilgrim arcade game? It used to be on the Steam Store, but now... just kind of disappeared. O_o

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
I've always wanted to play that!

My only real hipster "I liked it before it was cool" moment in this life was: I was working in a great comic book store when SP first started coming out... I read it on a whim, then suggested to my boss that it was something we should stock. :D

Man... my copies are in storage somewhere... this thread makes me want to go buy the color editions :D

Cosmironic

• View Profile
Awesome, someone got the reference!  ;D

Man... whatever happened to the Scott Pilgrim arcade game? It used to be on the Steam Store, but now... just kind of disappeared. O_o

The licence ran out and they're not renewing it..
It's tragic, really. I just thought about getting it on Xbox, but then I saw it had disappeared for good. Luckily, I still found the demo in my download history - but it will never be the full game.  :'(

My only real hipster "I liked it before it was cool" moment in this life was: I was working in a great comic book store when SP first started coming out... I read it on a whim, then suggested to my boss that it was something we should stock. :D

That is super cool!  :D I've only watched the movie, which is one of my favourites (basically I love everything Edgar Wright makes  :P)

Would you recommend reading the comics? I've been meaning to pick them up and give it a go!

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
100% yes!

The comics are great, and the movie came out before they ended and Bryan Lee O'Malley made some choices that mean the books end fairly differently from either of the movie endings that were shot... Like wise some characters got merged to make the movie stronger in the shorter time they had to tell the whole story.

Both movie and comics are great for their own reasons, neither is "better." (Well the one you love more is always gonna be the best right?) :D

You're spoiled for choice now as you can probably pic up the black and white original series for cheap, (it was great! though, admittedly, it was easy to confuse a few of the characters visually,) or go all out and by the colored editions they released a lot later (they went back and colored the originals... not something they had ever planed to do.)

OR... don't.
The movie is great all on it's own... and is likely the movie I have watched more than any other. :D (I had to watch ALL the commentaries) :D

dragoncrescent

• Backer
    • View Profile
Y'know, I kind of enjoy the charm of the original, black-and-white editions. It's cool that the artist is going back and colorizing them now, but I'm not gonna bother to update my library for it. Have you guys read his latest graphic novel, Seconds? It's also one that punches you right-in-the-feels! XD

Ah, so the license ran out. That sucks! The game was fairly popular, and its metahumor was great! Hopefully we can get more games in the genre of Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
I never got to Seconds... is it a series or one shot?

dragoncrescent

• Backer
    • View Profile
It's a one-shot sort of deal. The story is about the length of two Scott Pilgrim volumes, so  I was able to borrow it from the library and read it in one sitting. XD

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
Might go bother my FLCBS or email my old comic book store today and see if they have a copy. :D
Thanks for the tip, dragoncrescent.