Author Topic: Steam Sales.  (Read 2695 times)

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
Steam Sales.
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:40:18 PM »
Alright.. I will not lie. I am facing the 'summer sales' syndrome.  All these games that were pricey a few weeks ago now.. 5-10$?!

I am confident I am not the only one with such an experience. Did you buy something expensive then see it drop soo low? Are you rather excited to see expensive things become cheap? What games did you get with these sales floating around?

I've been getting a new game every paycheck ((Every week)) and I have to say.. This is awesome. I still think it would suck if I bought one of these games last week for 30$ only to see it drop like a brick.

LeitonGrey

• Backer
  • I strike from the shadows
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »
Unfortunately, Steam didn't have the greatest luck this season. They really had to dig to find stuff to put on sale, and if you'll notice, most of the games they've put up "on sale" are the games that are on sale all the time anyway.

To be fair, it's not their fault either. Nothing came out since Winter Sales, so there's nothing new and interesting on sale.

And it doesn't help that the "team points" thing is scripted.

Love Steam, but this sale season was by far one of their worst.
Taste of my disease
Twitch Art

Meniatz

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:33:47 AM »
While I agree that this isn't one of their best sales, I still got to get some stuff I've been wanting to pick up, anyway. Not really a fan of the team points thing, though, especially since I couldn't choose to be on the same team as my friends (a minor gripe, I know, but it still irks me).

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 11:57:05 AM »
It's gotten to the point where my backlog is so big that buying anything new is just pointless. I'm gonna start chipping away at it before the next sale.

Kobb

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Western Deep
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »
I've been in kind of a massive art crunch for the past few months, so I already have a backlog that I barely have time to poke at (made largely of gifted games, no less!) Makes a handy shield against Steam sales, heheh.

Tea

• Backer
  • Let's talk art
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »
Aaahh, I cracked on a couple of games. Most of the games I've bought (Armello being one of them) are pre-ordered/pre-production, so I couldn't help it!

Also, I got Psychonauts for less than a couple of avocados, so I mean, money aside, am I really loosing anything? Naaaah

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:18:55 AM »
You guys should definitely buy forced!!! and i got Sims 3 because i had it on Origin but cbf having them both haha and then i also bought Lego marvel and the hobbit :)..... i got something else

Oh yeah i got splinter cell blacklist!! so good!

YouTube | Email

AsfaeksBR

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 12:15:15 AM »
That was probably the worse major sale on Steam ever!
From the games I want, about 20% went on sale, the rest didn't.
And today is the last day of a new Daily Deal. Tomorrow is Encore Day and Monday it finishes.

I'll grab a few games that I want, but really sad because they're only 40%~66% off

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
Ended up with Company of Heroes 2 and Planetary Annihilation. Soon, I will be able to drop a planet on my enemies! Totally worth it
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
So did anyone end up buying anything else?! Anyone get splinter cell blacklist?! Im really keen to play it with you guys :)

YouTube | Email

Justin Whitfort

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »
Game Dev Tycoon (because everyone needs escapism), Bioshock Infinite season pass, Receiver, Kerbal Space Program, Battleblock Theatre, Mass Effect 1/2 (just in case I want to replay on PC), Planetary Annihilation, Payday 2 and Transistor.
...I suspect I overdid this. I barely have the time to play one or two of these games. Still, it's nice to have options. I'm quite looking forwards to playing more of Transistor.

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 08:44:46 PM »
KSP is awesome!
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

AsfaeksBR

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 12:45:46 AM »
Got a few games on the last day, and I'm really enjoying Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Xenonauts and today i'm gonna start Killer is Dead.

But overall, this was the "less expensive" sale from me, because most of the good stuff on Steam I already own :(

Now, waiting for Civ: Beyond Earth!