Author Topic: Introducing Sargon, The Death Teller.  (Read 4672 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Introducing Sargon, The Death Teller.
« on: May 24, 2016, 05:41:35 PM »

Sargon, along with Elyssia and two other exciting new heroes will arrive in Armello soon.

Sargon's unique Hero ability allows him to see through the veil and caress the strings of fate. During the draw phase, all cards are face up. Sargon can easily pluck the most valuable cards that appear, leaving other weary adventurers to fend for what remains.

Two Heroes are yet to be revealed, what powers are yet to be seen?

Dach

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Re: Introducing Sargon, The Death Teller.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
Wow his unique hero ability is so strong  :o ! Seems reeeeally interesting!

He looks cool by the way, love the gipsy style.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »
Great hero! I already love him!
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:17 PM »
Oooh, wow! Creepy-cool. Totally the kind of spellcaster the Rat Clan might cook up. I wonder how his 'unique ability' animation will work out? Will it play at the start of the Draw Phase, the way Zosha's does at nightfall?

My guess for stats:
4 Body/5 Wits/2 Fight/5 Magic
Man, if he ever became King, I don't think there's enough gold in the Treasury to make him look good. XD

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:20:09 AM »
I'd bet on 3 or maybe 4 wits.  Rats are traditionally clever, but they wouldn't want to make it too easy to cycle through decks to find all the good cards.

My guess is 4 fight/4 body/3 wits/5 magic.  Decent in a fight, a bit frail, good at magic, but relying on his special ability to get good cards.

Falkner

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:29 AM »
Sargon's unique Hero ability allows him to see through the veil and caress the strings of fate. During the draw phase, all cards are face up. Sargon can easily pluck the most valuable cards that appear, leaving other weary adventurers to fend for what remains.

Frankly, I'm confused. Maybe it's because I don't quite understand the under the hood deck mechanics. Does every player have individual decks from which he draws? Or does everyone draw from the same deck? A fixed number of cards from each type for each deck?

It would be neat if info like this could be added to some sort of ingame encyclopaedia, like the Civilization and Total War series do it.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 07:29:37 AM »

Frankly, I'm confused. Maybe it's because I don't quite understand the under the hood deck mechanics. Does every player have individual decks from which he draws? Or does everyone draw from the same deck? A fixed number of cards from each type for each deck?

It would be neat if info like this could be added to some sort of ingame encyclopaedia, like the Civilization and Total War series do it.

I don't have all the information, but everyone draws from the same decks.  For instance, there are two Bastard Swords in the item deck... if two people have them equipped already, you won't be drawing any.  Sargon here gets to see what's the next card, and if he sees (for instance) that the next card in the spell deck would inflict Rot and he's avoiding that, he can just leave that card for Sana or someone to draw.

hatori1181

• Armello Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:46:38 PM »
Sargon here gets to see what's the next card, and if he sees (for instance) that the next card in the spell deck would inflict Rot and he's avoiding that, he can just leave that card for Sana or someone to draw.

Better yet, he can snatch up all of those rot cards for himself and skyrocket his rot score. This is potentially the best character for rot victories, and while it's not a true synergy with the rot, this is going to be huge. You're going to see a lot of skilled players pull rot wins with him, I think.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 08:32:44 AM »
Random thought here: with Elyssia's power being 'fortify a town she stops on', we're going to be introduced to the Fortification mechanic pretty soon. It's an interesting new twist on the metagame, so it's likely there will be a card that allows players to fortify their Towns.

In a similar vein, I wonder if there will be a Trickery card that can reveal your draws for a turn? Maybe some kind of fortuneteller...?

Strigeidida

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 01:19:48 PM »
I would like him a lot more if he didn't look so much like one of Disney's comic villains--the ones you AREN'T supposed to take seriously.  I would like him to look more sinister and less like an outtake from the Sorcerer's Apprentice.  Please.