Author Topic: Marsh Clan!  (Read 1524 times)

c00s

• Oioi Savaloys! FeelTheBrun
    • View Profile
    • Twitch.tv/c00s
Marsh Clan!
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:07:25 AM »
Oioi everybody,

Although I've only had the game for about a week and a half, I am incredibly addicted  (73 hours so far!)  As such I've been inspired to design a new clan and 4 new heroes for said clan, with 4 new rings to boot! These are all WIP, but I will aim to present one Hero/ring to you all each week. The Marsh clan is meant to be a very hardy group of individuals, since the swamps are a harsh habitat to call home. As such their abilities and stats are designed to play much like the swamps from which they hail- they are sticky, painful, and difficult to get away from! I haven't fleshed out their lore too much yet, but I will post them as I come up with them as I mentioned earlier.

All feedback is much appreciated as this is all very WIP.

Cheers,

c00s

c00s

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv/c00s
Re: Marsh Clan!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:07:46 AM »
Oioi lads and ladies,

The first hero I intend to reveal is Fluppy, Samurai of the Swamps!

Link to a bad MS paint concept of him: http://imgur.com/0Nmr9gL

Stats:
Fight: 6
Body: 4
Wits: 4
Spirit: 2
Clan affinity: Day
Ability: Relentless- +1 dice in battle for every one of his missing body points.

Lore: Fluppy was raised in the bogs of Armello, abandoned at a young age, he sought shelter at a local shrine. The master there took him in, and seeing a pure, burning desire for purpose, decided to train him. Fluppy took to the training like a fish to water, his thirst for experience and challenges led him to surpass the level of his master in only ten years. With nothing more to teach, Fluppy's master sent him unto the world, with the mission of bringing safety and tranquility to the swamps. After decades of heroic ventures, he settled down and started a family. Retired, nothing brought Fluppy more joy than watching his son, Guppy grow up with his wife by his side. When his son came of age, and decided to become a squire for the king, no-one was prouder than Fluppy. Upon learning of the King's corruption however, Fluppy did not hesitate to lift his sword from the mantle, dust off his armour, and sally forth to save his son.

Marsh Clan ring #1

Grants Stealth on marshes during day or night.

Cheers,

c00s
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:17:32 AM by c00s »

c00s

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv/c00s
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:07:58 AM »
Reserved for Stan

c00s

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv/c00s
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:10 AM »
Reserved for Anka

c00s

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv/c00s
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:20 AM »
Reserved for Janice

Dach

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 08:24:50 AM »
Would that be Guppy's clan  ;D? (which is maybe why you named the 1st character Fluppy)

To be honest, it would be rather fun to have a clan (or character) that could take advantage of the swamps rather than being handicaped by it.

As far as development goes, I wonder if the developers will opt for more clans or just more characters per clan. The thing I like with the Bandit clan for example, is the fact that there are several different species inside the same clan (which isn't possible with the Wolf, Rat, Rabbit and Bear clans).

I'm really wondering if you're aiming for a full frog clan here of an amphibian clan (Frog, Salamander, Axolotl, Newt/Triton, etc.).

Gameplay wise, I like the idea of your first character, even though his power seems really strong when he's low life (better not mess with him when his last breath is near).

I'm really curious to see what you'll come up with for the next three!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:26:29 AM by Dach »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »
VERY COOL c00s! Glad to have you in the community!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

c00s

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv/c00s
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »
Would that be Guppy's clan  ;D? (which is maybe why you named the 1st character Fluppy)

To be honest, it would be rather fun to have a clan (or character) that could take advantage of the swamps rather than being handicaped by it.

As far as development goes, I wonder if the developers will opt for more clans or just more characters per clan. The thing I like with the Bandit clan for example, is the fact that there are several different species inside the same clan (which isn't possible with the Wolf, Rat, Rabbit and Bear clans).

Fluppy is Guppy's father, so yes they are members of the same clan. Having said that, Guppy pledged his allegiance to the King as a squire in my story (open to change that if it messes with the lore or it sounds too odd). Since Guppy is already a re-skin of the squire follower I couldn't include him. I don't want to give too much about the others away yet, but I will say that they are not all amphibian heroes, but they do all set their natural habitat in a marsh or swamp!

Thanks very much for the positive feedback and I do hope to do better drawings of the heroes as I get more time, and also do hope to deliver equally as engaging and compelling stories for all of them!

Cheers,

c00s