Author Topic: First game?  (Read 6056 times)

Dutch

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: First game?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 02:58:30 AM »
Pac man

Kobb

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Western Deep
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »
My dad let me mess around on an old computer he'd acquired from work when I was very small, maybe 3 or 4. The games directory was named after me so I could easily access it, and Digger was the first game I remember playing. Other games included Wheel of Fortune and Sopwith (I slowly graduated from watching Dad play, to playing single player, to finally getting the guts to dogfight against CPU opponents).

Bec

• Backer
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/lionheartedowl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 04:52:11 AM »
The first game I can remember playing was probably one of those Tony Hawk games for the PS1. I remember my brother letting me play with him and his friends one day, and just button mashing while airborne. I'm also still really fond of Sly Cooper for the PS2 because I remember getting it from the old video rental place near my house and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. And of course Pokemon.

Nomadic0ne

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
I think my first game was Arkanoid on the Commodore 64.  ;D
I was maybe 8? Maybe? I just remember that I was beating the high score late at night one time and my mother came down (rather upset) and asked what I was doing at 3AM! She then proceeded to eject the floppy disk and throw it in the trash... I was devastated! :'(
The first game I actually saved up and bought on my own was Descent for the PC. I saw it and played it on a demo station in a CompUSA store. It was SO awesome!  ;D
BoardGameGeek Profile: Nomadic0ne
Steam Profile: Nomadic0ne
(If you add me, let me know you're from the Armello Forums!)

AutumnWyvern

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
When I was little i would get scared easily and end up just watching my parents play so those games aside my first was either Yoshi Story for the N64 or Pokemon Snap also for N64 (both played them around the same time)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 12:52:36 AM »
When I was little i would get scared easily and end up just watching my parents play so those games aside my first was either Yoshi Story for the N64 or Pokemon Snap also for N64 (both played them around the same time)

Pokemon Snap never made any sense to me!

AutumnWyvern

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »

Pokemon Snap never made any sense to me!
I guess it is rather silly, but I still love it to this day! A remake with that augmented reality feature on the 3Ds would be really neat *winks at nintendo* but I always thought it was a really cute change of pace. Same with Hey you! Pikachu (which i never actually owned, only rented sadly).  In fact, when cleaning out my room not too long ago a found a small book from when I was little when I took a bunch of pictures of my Pokemon toys, mimicking pokemon snap!

Tanekoden

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 09:06:51 AM »
I don't remember too well as what my first video game was.  I was so young at the time.  I think it was either the original Super Mario, Zelda II, or Battle of Olympus.

BigGunsNeverTire

• Backer
  • Gun Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »
http://www.gog.com/game/sword_of_the_samurai

My uncle taught me how to play this when I was... 5?  I still play through it every few months some 23 years later, because it's still a masterpiece.  Large-scale Total War-style battles, isometric 1v1 duels, top-down action combat, stealth sequences, diplomacy with real repercussions, management sim elements, fantastic music for its time, and most content randomly-generated for replayability -- there's still not much like it.

I started strong. :)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »
http://www.gog.com/game/sword_of_the_samurai

My uncle taught me how to play this when I was... 5?  I still play through it every few months some 23 years later, because it's still a masterpiece.  Large-scale Total War-style battles, isometric 1v1 duels, top-down action combat, stealth sequences, diplomacy with real repercussions, management sim elements, fantastic music for its time, and most content randomly-generated for replayability -- there's still not much like it.

I started strong. :)

haha 2D Mount and Warband

uthin

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »
The first games I played were in the arcade. Asteroids. Pac Man. Lady Bug. Scramble. That crowd.

Years later: The first game I owned was Prince of Persia, the color version, played on my Apple Macintosh LC (the first one) which we had upgraded with a graphics card, enabling it to show 256 colors! I played that game to death, and whenever I think of the hero dying in one of those slicing traps, I still get this funny feeling on both sides between hips and ribcage...  ;D I think I felt every death!  :)