Author Topic: Kaze: Winds of Change, Episode 1  (Read 1970 times)

Trendane

• Backer
  • Voice actor, writer, comic.
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
Kaze: Winds of Change, Episode 1
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:29:07 PM »

Ten years ago, a friend of mine made a short, experimental, CG film entitled "Kaze: Ghost Warrior". You can find it an the challenges of making it on YouTube.  Some months back, the creator and a few friends set to making a prequel of sorts.

Near the end of the Kickstarter, I became aware of the push to make this 'radio play' happen.  Someone mentioned that they were looking for voice actors to fill some small roles and I jumped at the chance. There were four parts from guards to bandits....so I did each set in a slightly different voice and told them that I didn't care which one I got to do. I just wanted to help out in some way.

Imagine my surprise when they informed me I'd be playing the lead role of Kaze.

The first episode just went live a short while ago and I thought I'd share it here for any who might find it enjoyable. It is done in a radio play style with an animatic slideshow featuring a few artists from the community. Total runtime is about 18 minutes.

http://youtu.be/obP_k5B8RgM

I hope you like it!
--
Tren Sparks
I'm not crazy...I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: Kaze: Winds of Change, Episode 1
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:16:06 PM »
Its great to see your still sharing your content! I cant wait to watch this and I will be sure to return with feedback!

EDIT

Feedback: Its interesting! Once i got over that Kaze literally had a Bae ;) It was a good watch. The pictures changed at just the right times to stay immersive and the voicing was passionate enough to give me goosebumps when someone died ;) (no spoilets) I liked it a lot, Make sure you post part 2!

Ps. The otter sounds like Owen Mcgregor.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:31:00 PM by 8BitProxy »

Trendane

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »
Once i got over that Kaze literally had a Bae ;) It was a good watch.

Hahaha. I had asked Amadhia about that while we were watching the cast and crew screening last week. She'd never heard of the meme.

'Bay is short for the Swahili word for 'beloved' (which I can't recall at the moment) and has been her name for over ten years. Far longer than the Bae meme that's going around now.  But who knows...they could share a common root. That'd be kinda cool.
--
Tren Sparks

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:36:48 AM »
Once i got over that Kaze literally had a Bae ;) It was a good watch.

Hahaha. I had asked Amadhia about that while we were watching the cast and crew screening last week. She'd never heard of the meme.

'Bay is short for the Swahili word for 'beloved' (which I can't recall at the moment) and has been her name for over ten years. Far longer than the Bae meme that's going around now.  But who knows...they could share a common root. That'd be kinda cool.

Oh wow the more you know! What other nifty facts does this show hold?

Trendane

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »

Uuummm.....the fact the I did two voices for it?
--
Tren Sparks

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
Hey Trendane.
I actually knew and loved the original short, so I find this imensely cool. You do a great job of voicing kaze, but then I like all the examples of your work, that you have posted this far.
Keep it up :)

*goes to watch the youtube clip again*
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello