Author Topic: Introducing Elyssia, Wardress of Warrens.  (Read 6906 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Introducing Elyssia, Wardress of Warrens.
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

Elyssia, along with three other incredible heroes, will be landing in Armello soon.

Elyssia's unique Hero ability allows her to fortify any Settlement she ends her turn on by erecting walls. These structures double the amount of action points required for other Heroes to enter the tile, but on these fortified Settlements Elyssia gains the same defensive bonus granted by scaling a Mountain.

What could the other heroes have in store?

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Re: Introducing Elyssia, Wardress of Warrens.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:11:57 PM »
Eeeee!! She looks fantastic!!! I love her sass! Hah! Can't wait to see the other three!!

Also, that is a seriously cool ability! I'm definitely excited to try her out!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:13:50 PM by Calico »

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »
What a great announcement! Can't wait to see the upcoming rat! ;)

Elyssia is looking great...nobody you'll want to argue with. Shouldn't she wear a helmet...for safety reasons when working with the masons?

Good work!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:37:40 PM by Phlox »
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Gusteon

• Backer
  • Fluffy and cuddly, but mind the teeth~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »
I need her so much, omg.
I'm also very curious about the other heroes, I want to see their designs soooooon.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 04:26:15 AM »
I assume she leaves these walls standing when she moves on her next turn.  That could make her quite a pain over the course of the game - hopefully she won't get teamed up on too badly by people eager to not have impromptu mountains popping up in their paths.

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 04:47:52 AM »
The effect doesn't stack, right? Hopefully not!! Also, I'm wondering if the blue ring, I forget the name, that allows you to ignore mountain penalties, or the winged boots item, will circumvent the walls?

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 04:55:32 AM »
Woooooow! I love it! Kind of get the feeling Elyssia and Amber are going to have some sort or bitter rivalry going on! I have a thing for strange and unusual weapons, and hers is perfect: it's a gilded T-square!! :D

Thinking back, I believe that ability was a concept that had been suggested by the forum!The Rabbit Clan has such cool abilities. And this is as it should be... *coughbunnybiascough* O_O

InariFox

• Retired Armello player
    • View Profile
    • Friend's Webcomic
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:40:40 AM »
Elyssia looks incredible and fluffy! Dig the hero power and absolutely stoked to see what other heroes you have up your sleeves for the future of Armello.
Keep up the good work LoG!
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|

I also play Bemani rhythm games.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 06:43:35 PM »
Man these rabbits are getting pretty stuffy. Hope they don't get too comfortable on their piles of gold.

Mcksalg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 10:32:28 PM »
Woooo great job guys!

The Observer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »
Like I've mentioned before, Elyssia is a bit of a toss-up.  the ability to create impromptu mountains (that are likely to be immune to celestite and winged boots, since those specifically mention mountain hexes) is great. It dissuades city capture, and synergises well with the rabbits' pink topaz ring.

I personally like her 3/5/5/3 stat spread better than Amber's 3/5/4/4 - most of the important magic cards only take 3 magic to cast, and allocating that to wits is great. With a scratch amulet to get a starting fight of 4, she's...okay when it comes to gunning for a kingslayer victory, although a prestige one is also more than possible with pink topaz and town defense ensuring a steady supply of gold income.

One of the more important downsides is the need to plan her route more thoroughly than other heroes, as passing through a town isn't enough. It creates the decision of whether to waste AP and end one's turn in the town hex and risk getting derailed and waste even more turns, or just pass through and be done with it. The random placement of towns also makes her ability far more iffy than that of say, Zosha, Sargon, River or Barnaby, who can always reasonably be assured of their hero ability being useful every game. Like Amber and her ability, a poor roll of the dice (this time in town and quest placement) can render Elyssia's ability crazy powerful, or almost completely irrelevant.

The biggest downside to her ability, though, is the need to end her turn in a city hex. As everyone knows, city hexes are extremely dangerous hexes to wait in - several extremely annoying cards such as cat burglar, beheaded, plague,  etc, can only be played to cities or have cities valid in their targeting.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:46:43 PM by The Observer »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 07:40:05 PM »
Hmm, ending turn instead of just passing through is a big trade off.  At least someone finally has a reason to use Coin Master.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 07:54:03 AM »
Like I've mentioned before, Elyssia is a bit of a toss-up.  the ability to create impromptu mountains (that are likely to be immune to celestite and winged boots, since those specifically mention mountain hexes) is great. It dissuades city capture, and synergises well with the rabbits' pink topaz ring.

I personally like her 3/5/5/3 stat spread better than Amber's 3/5/4/4 - most of the important magic cards only take 3 magic to cast, and allocating that to wits is great. With a scratch amulet to get a starting fight of 4, she's...okay when it comes to gunning for a kingslayer victory, although a prestige one is also more than possible with pink topaz and town defense ensuring a steady supply of gold income.

One of the more important downsides is the need to plan her route more thoroughly than other heroes, as passing through a town isn't enough. It creates the decision of whether to waste AP and end one's turn in the town hex and risk getting derailed and waste even more turns, or just pass through and be done with it. The random placement of towns also makes her ability far more iffy than that of say, Zosha, Sargon, River or Barnaby, who can always reasonably be assured of their hero ability being useful every game. Like Amber and her ability, a poor roll of the dice (this time in town and quest placement) can render Elyssia's ability crazy powerful, or almost completely irrelevant.

The biggest downside to her ability, though, is the need to end her turn in a city hex. As everyone knows, city hexes are extremely dangerous hexes to wait in - several extremely annoying cards such as cat burglar, beheaded, plague,  etc, can only be played to cities or have cities valid in their targeting.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here... but how do you know her stats, and who is Sargon?

The Observer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 08:09:20 AM »

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here... but how do you know her stats, and who is Sargon?

There was a topic on the forums some time ago, it's still there. Some guy hacked the game and found the 4 new heroes' data dummied out in the game:

http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=2257.0

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 09:22:54 AM »

There was a topic on the forums some time ago, it's still there. Some guy hacked the game and found the 4 new heroes' data dummied out in the game:

http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=2257.0

Though, keep in mind, this is all still conjecture. Individual character stats are entirely subject to change on a whim. There's still plenty of beta testing to be done as well, so abilities might also be modified.