Author Topic: Unsure if bug or gameplay quirk?  (Read 962 times)

AldurSFC

• View Profile
Unsure if bug or gameplay quirk?
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:43:59 AM »
Playing the latest version of Armello on Steam and finally get me the Rot Victory.

I start another game, picking the Rot ring for the +2 rot at start and the game is a single playler one, all is going well, I accept a quest.

The quest is in a stone circle. I become corrupted on the way to it. I try to enter to see what  happens. I die. But the quest stays there. Is this a bug or a simple quirk of following the dark side? Being unable to finish anymore quests or get any of the rot quests seems a little harsh! I was playing as Mercutio FYI.

Wasn't sure whether bug, or gameplay design! Thanks. (My first post is a bug quibble. Typical  :P)

Desdinova

• View Profile
Re: Unsure if bug or gameplay quirk?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »
Well the rules are clear - enter the circle while corrupted => instakill; the game doesn't care how or when you got corrupted. Interesting development indeed, though you can circumvent it by moss or cleansing spell. Just be a bit more careful next time :)

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »
Not bug, is reason to avoid spirit circle quests if you are pursuing corruption.   One you are corrupted all spirit quests get replaced with "Rot Quests" at your next selection.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 12:20:37 PM »
This doesn't happen too often, but it can be pretty intense when it does. Your best bet is hunting for a Mountain Moss to allow you to enter the Stone Circle!

Dangerous Pudding

• I Have No Idea What To Write In This Text Box
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
i think they should change standard quest with a new Corrupted Quest when he / she became corrupted

or at lest the switch into another quest where it doesn't point out to Stone circla so he / she can finish the quest he / she picks
Luck is never gonna be there you when you needed the most