Author Topic: v1.2 The Stranger has arrived.  (Read 9201 times)

Douzeju

• View Profile
Re: v1.2 The Stranger has arrived.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »
Yo Douzeju!

The DRM-Free update is super high on our priority list at the moment and should be landing real soon. Hold tight for news!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy
Great to hear, i really look forward to it ! :D
1.2 came out mid February. that's still less than 2 months.  The devs had a few trips which slowed down their drmfree port but they haven't forgotten.
Yes, you're right, 1.2 came out less than 2 months before... I was biased by the timestamp on my Humble account which stated the latest DRM-free version was uploaded on 11/20/2015, which is more than 4 months ago. My bad !  :-X

I guessed they forgot about it, because i already expreienced a similar situation on another game in development for which they regularly updated the Steam version and did so way less often for the Humble version. The reason for this was simple: Steam builds are uploaded and made available automatically by Valve, so that the whole process is super quick, but on Humble Bundle, builds have to be manually accepted by the Humble Team before anyone who purchased or pre-ordered the game can download it. So there are usually a handful of days between the Steam and Humble releases. For devs working on games in alpha or beta state, this is quite bad as you would like people to get their hands on the new build as fast as possible, so that they help you with bugs and suggestions.
But sometimes, the delay is just human-related, as one can forget the Humble builds even exist  ;D which is what happened from time to time for that other game!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:00:19 PM by Douzeju »

Douzeju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 01:29:52 AM »
To all wondering, update 1.2 arrived on Humble the 8th of this month :)
Thanks !

Mcksalg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 10:37:26 PM »
Just waiting on the ps4 update to jump back in, you guys rock, you and The Divinity guys are my fave new devs, keep up the great work.

Seniorconejo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 04:14:41 AM »
Me too, I am just waiting a good chance to come back to this awesome game.