Author Topic: Release (v1.2) [Steam PC/Mac/Linux] Full Release Build Notes  (Read 33323 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Release (v1.2) [Steam PC/Mac/Linux] Full Release Build Notes
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:08:49 PM »
Hey Armello Fam!

The day has come and The Stranger, v1.2, is live! I really hope you all dig it, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to hit me up or respond to this thread.

But lets get into it! Here are the full build notes for The Stranger.

Features/Changes

The Stranger
  • The Stranger is a Follower that does not abide by standard rules.
  • When equipped, Heroes will move to a random adjacent tile upon the start of every turn.
  • In Dungeons, The Stranger will have a chance to be found outside of the standard Follower outcome.
  • When found in a Dungeon, The Stranger will automatically be equipped. This will override a random Follower if there is no free Follower slot in the relevant Heroes’ inventory.
  • If the Hero is killed in combat, The Stranger will automatically be equipped to the opposing Hero. This will override a random Follower if there is no free Follower slot in the relevant Heroes’ inventory.
  • Another follower cannot be equipped over The Stranger but it can be killed and/or stolen by all other standard effects.
  • The Stranger will return to the Dungeons when its Hero successfully lands on a Palace tile.

The Stranger Dice (Limited Time Only)
First of all, a gross new Dice Skin event is live right now, so play Public Multiplayer games to unlock the limited and exclusive Stranger Dice. This event will end Wednesday 24th PST.

This time, you'll get one set within the first 1 - 2 Public Multiplayer games you play, and then another set every 3 - 6 other Public Multiplayer games you play. This will ensure you get your set quickly but will allow for hoarding, gifting and trading through Steam's Inventory system.

House Rules
  • King Dawn Damage: By turning The King’s standard dawn damage off, The King will continue to rule Armello until the heroes intervene.
  • The Mad King: Each night, The King ensures there are at least 4 perils on the board.
  • Starting Hand Type: There are three options here, Default; an even distribution of Item, Spell and Trickery cards, Random; start with completely random cards and Draw; Choose which decks to draw your starting hand from on your first turn.
  • Hero Wits: Heroes gain a passive bonus to Wits.
  • Hero Starting Equipment: Each hero starts with either a random Treasure or a random Follower.

New Cards
  • Tower Shield (Item): In Battle, +1 Shield, and when Defending gain another +1 Shield.
  • Bubble Tea (Item): (Play on) Hero, +1 Prestige until the end of target's next Turn.
  • Rotten Fog (Spell): (Play on) Plains, Forest, Dungeon; Creates a toxic -1 Health Fog on the Tile until next Dawn.
  • Armistice (Trickery): (Play on) Hero (Not Self); If either Hero attacks the other, they'll be given a Bounty.

Card Changes
  • Agents of Misfortune (Trickery): New effect! (Play on) Peril; Heroes who fail the Peril suffer -1 Health per unmatched symbol.
  • Mountain Moss (Consumable): Gold cost reduced from 2 Gold to 1 Gold.
  • Bane Blade (Treasure): Cost increase from 1 Rot to 2 Rot.
  • Lord's Scepter (Item): Gold cost reduced from 4 Gold to 3 Gold.
  • Raven's Beak Dagger (Treasure): Cost increase from 1 Rot to 2 Rot and effect adds +1 Sword in Battle.
  • Oak Spear (Item): Card symbol change from Wyld to Sword symbol.
  • Call of the Worm (Spell): Has had a Peril play functionality added to Dungeon tiles.
  • Bloodthirst (Spell):
    • Magic Cost reduced from 4 Magic to 2 Magic.
    • Spell quantity in the deck increased from 1 to 2.
  • Rangers (Trickery): Gold cost reduced from 2 Gold to 1 Gold.
  • Disguise (Trickery): Gold cost reduced from 4 Gold to 3 Gold.
  • Bounty (Trickery): Gold cost reduced from 3 Gold to 2 Gold.
  • Bribery (Trickery):  Gold cost reduced from 5 Gold to 4 Gold.

Multiplayer Improvements
  • AFK Turn Timers: If a player goes without action for three turns their turn timers will speed up, then they will be kicked.
    • Actions that remove the AFK status are interactions that have impact to the game, for example card play, movement, dice rolls etc. (Opening and closing the Hero Shelf will not remove your AFK status).
    • The player must be AFK for three full turns and then they will be disconnected and replaced by AI.
    • On the second and third turns the AFK player's portrait will be grayed and their turn timers reduced to 20 seconds (which will be scaled if Turn Timer settings had been changed).
    • If at anytime the player returns from being AFK their timers will return to normal and disconnection will not occur.
  • Multiplayer Public Game ready notification is now more prominent on PC. The application in the task bar will blink.
  • Steam VAC authentication now implemented in Lobby System. If a player that has been reported to Valve as a Banned VAC user is detected they will be prevented from entering any multiplayer lobbies.
  • Multiplayer disconnection status feed updates: There are now two messages when a player disconnects.
    • “Player name” has “Disconnection type”: types include AFK, Disconnection e.g. internet failure or Quit.
    • “Hero name” is now controlled by an AI player.

Visual Improvements
  • Text legibility: for general improved readability and to account for those who play in living room settings, small screens we’ve increased the text size. 
  • Deck shuffle visualisation: Whenever a Deck has been depleted an icon now will appear to all players to show which Deck is being shuffled. 
  • Card Draw tweens and particles: Card drawing got a little prettier with particles and tweens!
  • Loading Screen now has tips, tricks and general messages.
  • When a player confirms Hero, Rings and Amulets and selects “Ready” the UI will now vertically centre.
  • Particles: We’ve added a few new particles to juice up your Armello experience.
    • Poison.
    • Throwing Axe.
    • Hidden Trap.

Gameplay improvements
  • +1 Body to all Heroes.
  • Stealth improvements.
  • King's Declaration no longer pans to tiles where Heroes are stealthed on.
  • Playing Empty Tile Cards to Stealth Heroes no longer permanently reveals them.
  • Some of Stealthed Heroes status feed messages will be hidden e.g. Encounter Quest, Capture Settlement.
  • Overall Explore balance pass.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a Prestige mismatch bug related to the Dishonoured Defender King’s Declaration.
  • Fixed a Multiplayer bug where the “Searching Eye” would appear incorrectly.
  • We’ve now disabled card play during and after the King’s death to stop any Prestige mismatch issues.
  • In Multiplayer House Rules games, the Gameplay Options (e.g. timers) now apply correctly when you do not select House Rules Options.
  • When spamming Card Draw an edge case bug was fixed where you could overdraw your Wit number.
  • The Grow Amulet should now work correctly in the Palace and Clan Grounds.
  • A rare bug where during the Card Draw phase the screen would remain blurred has been fixed.
  • If you’re looking at another player's Hero Shelf and the Hoodwinked card visualisation needs to be played, it will now behave as designed. 
  • While having one of the House Rules selected using a Controller and pressing “Revert to Default” the descriptor text would remain. This bug has been fixed.
  • “Enter Palace” warning no longer shows when you’re moving from Palace Tile to Palace Tile.
  • In the Hero Select screen, the descriptor text at the bottom only changes when you’ve selected your Hero/Ring/Amulet.

*exhales*

ALRIGHT! Remember that we are always hard at work with new and exciting content so another update is never too far away. Watch this space for future announcements.

<3 Darcy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:20:44 PM by Lisy Kane »

Dangerous Pudding

• I Have No Idea What To Write In This Text Box
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
Re: Release (v1.2) [Steam PC/Mac/Linux] Full Release Build Notes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »
sweet an update can't wait to try it out  ;D
Luck is never gonna be there you when you needed the most

Ceekur

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:49:07 PM »
Very extensive o.o  Should be fun to give it a go tonight! Man, those Armellians are going to be quite tanky even from one HP increase.

Comrade243

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:27:48 PM »
More extensive than I imagined. Thank you.

Quick note, though: Incite Revolt still costs 3 Gold, as opposed to 2. Bug?

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 02:43:44 PM »

Ohhhhh good eye Comrade, we'll get onto that!

EDIT: the balance change was actually reverted on purpose, updated Build Notes.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »
I am such a nerd. I'm more excited about the balance changes than the new cards and house rules! XD

Ah, the body bump. Can't wait to see the vicious debates this +1 HP is going to spark. Glad to see the Trickery deck getting some love. ^_^

m8chor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 03:50:33 PM »
AI battle with Bane is taking a VERY long time , check please

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »

Ohhhhh good eye Comrade, we'll get onto that!

EDIT: the balance change was actually reverted on purpose, updated Build Notes.

Shame, Incite revolt could have been cheaper.

sayum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 05:22:29 PM »
Is the text size ever going to be customizable? To me its too big and it feels clunky and heavy compared to how pretty it was before. Its actually really distracting but maybe that's just my design background talking.

Already got my dice and I am super excited to play with the new house rules and find The Stranger! :D

Comrade243

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »
Is the text size ever going to be customizable? To me its too big and it feels clunky and heavy compared to how pretty it was before. Its actually really distracting but maybe that's just my design background talking.

Already got my dice and I am super excited to play with the new house rules and find The Stranger! :D

I feel similarly. The text, both on the cards and on the ledger, is too "bold." Not really that distracting, although I'd appreciate a size customization feature.

EDIT: Just to nit-pick a lil' more, the Card Decks now slide really fast at the beginning of your turn. I get that time's a-wasting, but it's a little jarring.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:11:10 PM by Comrade243 »

Comrade243

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:16:05 PM »
Another quick patch note: playing a Card to a Stealth Hero still "uncovers" them permanently. Had a nasty surprise last game.

NegativeZero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 06:19:43 PM »
With the Stranger, it will be much easier to clear the hardest achievement (Lemur Neeson).

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 06:54:36 PM »
Another quick patch note: playing a Card to a Stealth Hero still "uncovers" them permanently. Had a nasty surprise last game.

What card was played to you Comrade243?

Eumsee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
•Starting Hand Type: There are three options here, Default; an even distribution of Item, Spell and Trickery cards,
•Random; start with completely random cards and Draw; Choose which decks to draw your starting hand from on your first turn.

I think 'Random ……' should be integrated with 'Starting hand type' section

•Steam VAC authentication now implemented in Lobby System. If a player that has been reported to Valve as a
•Banned VAC user is detected they will be prevented from entering any multiplayer lobbies.

I found another one
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:36:16 PM by Eumsee »

Eumsee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »
plus, what the heck 'tweens' means?

Card Draw tweens and particles: Card drawing got a little prettier with particles and people who are between being a young child and a teenager.

hell,  I still can't understand it