Author Topic: Introducing Zarylo!  (Read 982 times)

Zarylo

• View Profile
Introducing Zarylo!
« on: February 15, 2016, 02:21:43 PM »
Hello there!  :)

Not quite sure what the community of Armello is like, nor what I should write here,  but I sure am keen to find out.

At the time of writing this I just finished my 4th (single player) game and am amazed of the intricate game mechanics. The quality and love for details keeps me in awe.

I'm a 26 year old student living in Switzerland, speaking Swedish, German, English, French, and (soon) Japanese. In that  skill order, the first three fluently and the last one I started studying in 2015 (one semester as per today).

I'm scared of the multiplayer experience as I am most likely going to get wrecked really hard, so I will stick to the singleplayer mode for a while until I got the basics down. Probably better as I play with timers off to have a chance to figure out what is going on during battles. Yup the newb is strong with this one.

Seems I find the four (coincidentally) female characters the most intriguing. Sana is good fun, trying River and Amber next. Sure wonder when I will manage to win a non-prestige victory...

Too bad I did not discover this jewel while it was in the Kickstarter stage, already feel like I've been missing out. Being the type that enjoys good games I feel like Armello is a rare find.
I have to keep an eye on LoG. There are few companies creating games like this.

I really need to get the physical boardgame if one gets published, My family would love this I believe.
Anyway, don't be shy and contact me for a chat or a game or anything. I usually don't bite.  ;)
Usually.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Zarylo!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
Welcome, Zarylo! Glad to have you on-board! Yeah, Armello is certainly something special. I like to call it "the little indie game that could", but we're living in a golden age of startups; games like Undertale, Five Nights at Freddy's, and Armello prove that smaller studios can churn out some incredible stuff, given the chance!

I sort of have the feeling that trend of female characters is going to continue on! Just wait until you get ahold of Scarlet... :D

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:01:33 PM »
Hey Zarylo! Welcome!

ʕง´•ᴥ•`ʔง

Zarylo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 10:32:07 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome you two

Oho Scarlet you say? looks like I have to go read up on the upcoming expansion I've been hearing about.
Splendid! The more (females) the merrier.
My steam Name is, like my username here, Zarylo. Feel free to add me and invite to play.