Author Topic: I think it's time to tackle a lingering question  (Read 2157 times)

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
I think it's time to tackle a lingering question
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
Well I am not sure if this is general or off topic. To be safe, though I shall toss it into off topic.

Hrm.. I honestly don't know how to wave this flag around.. How about this angle?

There are people of a variety of backgrounds, a variety of morals and values. We all have a different persona just waiting to be in it's own tale. Well! Why not give it a shot? Why not.. Set up a RP thread? ((Thread is correct, right?))

I do not know if it has been brought up, or if there is some policy that rejects such suggestions... I just had the sudden urge to pull the pin and pitch the frag.

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
Re: I think it's time to tackle a lingering question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
I'd say an RP section to keep all the RP talk in one place :P
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
  • I am just lazy... Also my feet are pretty darn dry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
There is actually a test thread on rp going on already at the backer part of the forum.

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »
There is I understand.. But why not one for everyone to participate in? We could get the CSs and the OOCs and the ICs and the Cs and the Os and the OCs and the.. Eh.. What other acronym do we have out there?

ChuRenDel

• Backer
  • The Champion of Armello
    • View Profile
    • ChuRenDel's DeviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
OCS? SOC? SOCS?

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 06:52:52 PM »
That`s cause it is what it is. A test.

It tests if there is interest.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
guys id also just like to address my absence in following up my beginner post in the test RP, im just running around a lot with my phone at the moment and i have little to no time so im going to pull out of the test RP but hopefully ill be free soon for the main RP, dont you worry :) thanks.

ps. or should i say, Jax will ;)

YouTube | Email

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 06:23:26 AM »
Hrm.. One situation at hand is there are different ways to portray an RP. You have the system that is being used in the backer's area, and you have the more commonly used system involving an OOC and IC in different topics. The OOC would consist of character sheets and discussion out of character so to help improve characters and create back stories and appearances while the IC is In character. IMO the test is rather invalid due to the fact you are using only one group of people and making conclusions off that group. If you are looking for interest it should be found in the public, not a specific area. That's just an opinion and I hope this topic helps deal with that loose end.. Addressing the public and all..

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 06:43:44 AM »
Hrm.. One situation at hand is there are different ways to portray an RP. You have the system that is being used in the backer's area, and you have the more commonly used system involving an OOC and IC in different topics. The OOC would consist of character sheets and discussion out of character so to help improve characters and create back stories and appearances while the IC is In character. IMO the test is rather invalid due to the fact you are using only one group of people and making conclusions off that group. If you are looking for interest it should be found in the public, not a specific area. That's just an opinion and I hope this topic helps deal with that loose end.. Addressing the public and all..

The problem is that this version takes quite a lot of space. We would need an official forum ONLY for that, if we want to do it.

However, an rp like the one we are doing Takes only one thread, and it makes it easier for beginner rp:ers like me to understand how things go more clearly.

Also, this is open to all backers. Since most of the people here ARE backers or waiting to be backers, I don`t see the problem atleast yet.

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 08:18:16 AM »
Indeed. But to compensate to those who somehow are not backing the game, I would be more than happy to organize one in the open area which is why I had this topic set up. With two RPs there can be two different stories, two different settings, one you might not be interested in, the other you might really like!

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 08:31:27 AM »
hmmm... I would propably ask lick and kage. since they are the primary talkers about rp around here for now. they have the polls and everything for the actual big rp thread and all the planning coming along.

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
I'll think about it. I mean if someone is holding down the fort I sure don't wanna be that guy who just walks up on someone else's turf. I might just leave the RP stuff to those who already have set up some grounds to build off of. The big boys so to say ^.^

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 05:04:21 PM »
Actually it's mostly ChuRenDel and myself- but yes we're planning on making forums and everything- currently working on Rules and Regulations as per the communities importance vote. I can't tell you when it'll be done but in the meantime the practice RP thread is there and seems to be going okay~
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever