Author Topic: chance for a series?  (Read 5020 times)

Jasper

• View Profile
chance for a series?
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:23:07 PM »
the game sorta reminds me of an old tv show/book series called redwall, you guys ever consider working on a video series within armello's story and movie style? i for one would be very interested in something like that

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: chance for a series?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:21:07 AM »
Being a tiny game company, they don't really have the people, industry networking, or video production equipment to make it alone.  They'd need to partner/be optioned by an existing animation studio.  They've admitted that they are open to trying it if someone from a studio approached them.

The great animation at the start was a subcontracted job, only made affordable by an Austrilian Government grant to creative small business.

Been watching RWBY lately and was just thinking how a group like RoosterTeeth could make something really cool if they did something with Armello, despite not being a major TV presence.  God the fight scene potential.

Jasper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:54 AM »
ah gotcha, and yeah it would have some worthwhile fights, be nice if it went a game of thrones route with the throne going that way it is and the rot starting to come back; be good side story/main story material

Desdinova

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
ah gotcha, and yeah it would have some worthwhile fights, be nice if it went a game of thrones route with the throne going that way it is and the rot starting to come back; be good side story/main story material

Not sure what you quite mean with "game of thrones route". I for one wouldn't want that. The sheer brutality, sex and quite frankly insanity (idiocy?) of the bulk of GRRM characters and storylines doesn't quite fit the grimdark fairy tale vibe I get from Armello. Though I sure hope that the awesome guys from LoG get money and then even more money and invest their millions in a physical line of tabletop Armello and an animated series.

I wonder if Armello keeps up with sales and popularity, the LoG could consider kickstarting such an idea? Here's an example of such an kickstarter succeeding:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goldenapple/the-golden-apple-series/description

But it's still a struggle.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »
A single OVA kind of thing would be pretty sweet.

Komodoku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:37 AM »
I forgot who it was, but in the key giveaway stream, they said that they will be releasing some Armello novels to read. Hopefully this will give us a better idea about the world of Armello!
You probably shouldn't take me seriously ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »
We totally do have Novellas in the pipeline for our Kickstarter backers. Hopefully we can get these in the hands of everyone!

Also naturally I hope that one day we could do a series or something, that would be so rad.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »
Yeah Armello definately has the setting for it, but you gotta start small in all things :D

sea bee blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 08:57:05 AM »
We totally do have Novellas in the pipeline for our Kickstarter backers. Hopefully we can get these in the hands of everyone!

Also naturally I hope that one day we could do a series or something, that would be so rad.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

I'll always be a little curious how Jem and Battleship got their movies out before the MTG movie. 

Ironically, It's probably getting crowded to get a series on Netflix and the ilk. 2 years ago, I bet this could have had a Netflix original cartoon.

The Kaijudo IP had a cartoon for a while... I bet getting advice from those guys would  not be hard. They are a super nice crew.

I still randomly blame designers for not getting the D&D kids a final episode where they made it home. (Really, since most of them were either unborn or about 10 at the time,  the blame lies 100% with Dungeon Master and Uni.)

Anyway, I can't wait to complain to the designers about the spin-offs of my beloved game!  ;) 

sea bee blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »
Not sure what you quite mean with "game of thrones route". I for one wouldn't want that. The sheer brutality, sex and quite frankly insanity (idiocy?) of the bulk of GRRM characters and storylines doesn't quite fit the grimdark fairy tale vibe I get from Armello.

Thank God Animal Farm was written in the 50's.

Oreve77

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »
Oh, yes! That made me nostalgic too. I remember the time I watched all the series after school. Now, my kids do that. The only difference is that they watch shows by Andrew Yeatman available on Netflix. These shows provide good knowledge and entertainment to the kids and that’s what I love about it.