Author Topic: chance for a series?  (Read 3075 times)

Jasper

• View Profile
chance for a series?
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:23:07 PM »
the game sorta reminds me of an old tv show/book series called redwall, you guys ever consider working on a video series within armello's story and movie style? i for one would be very interested in something like that

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: chance for a series?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:21:07 AM »
Being a tiny game company, they don't really have the people, industry networking, or video production equipment to make it alone.  They'd need to partner/be optioned by an existing animation studio.  They've admitted that they are open to trying it if someone from a studio approached them.

The great animation at the start was a subcontracted job, only made affordable by an Austrilian Government grant to creative small business.

Been watching RWBY lately and was just thinking how a group like RoosterTeeth could make something really cool if they did something with Armello, despite not being a major TV presence.  God the fight scene potential.

Jasper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:54 AM »
ah gotcha, and yeah it would have some worthwhile fights, be nice if it went a game of thrones route with the throne going that way it is and the rot starting to come back; be good side story/main story material

Desdinova

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
ah gotcha, and yeah it would have some worthwhile fights, be nice if it went a game of thrones route with the throne going that way it is and the rot starting to come back; be good side story/main story material

Not sure what you quite mean with "game of thrones route". I for one wouldn't want that. The sheer brutality, sex and quite frankly insanity (idiocy?) of the bulk of GRRM characters and storylines doesn't quite fit the grimdark fairy tale vibe I get from Armello. Though I sure hope that the awesome guys from LoG get money and then even more money and invest their millions in a physical line of tabletop Armello and an animated series.

I wonder if Armello keeps up with sales and popularity, the LoG could consider kickstarting such an idea? Here's an example of such an kickstarter succeeding:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goldenapple/the-golden-apple-series/description

But it's still a struggle.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »
A single OVA kind of thing would be pretty sweet.

Komodoku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:37 AM »
I forgot who it was, but in the key giveaway stream, they said that they will be releasing some Armello novels to read. Hopefully this will give us a better idea about the world of Armello!
You probably shouldn't take me seriously ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »
We totally do have Novellas in the pipeline for our Kickstarter backers. Hopefully we can get these in the hands of everyone!

Also naturally I hope that one day we could do a series or something, that would be so rad.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »
Yeah Armello definately has the setting for it, but you gotta start small in all things :D

sea bee blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 08:57:05 AM »
We totally do have Novellas in the pipeline for our Kickstarter backers. Hopefully we can get these in the hands of everyone!

Also naturally I hope that one day we could do a series or something, that would be so rad.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

I'll always be a little curious how Jem and Battleship got their movies out before the MTG movie. 

Ironically, It's probably getting crowded to get a series on Netflix and the ilk. 2 years ago, I bet this could have had a Netflix original cartoon.

The Kaijudo IP had a cartoon for a while... I bet getting advice from those guys would  not be hard. They are a super nice crew.

I still randomly blame designers for not getting the D&D kids a final episode where they made it home. (Really, since most of them were either unborn or about 10 at the time,  the blame lies 100% with Dungeon Master and Uni.)

Anyway, I can't wait to complain to the designers about the spin-offs of my beloved game!  ;) 

sea bee blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »
Not sure what you quite mean with "game of thrones route". I for one wouldn't want that. The sheer brutality, sex and quite frankly insanity (idiocy?) of the bulk of GRRM characters and storylines doesn't quite fit the grimdark fairy tale vibe I get from Armello.

Thank God Animal Farm was written in the 50's.