Author Topic: E3  (Read 2619 times)

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
  • I am just lazy... Also my feet are pretty darn dry
    • View Profile
E3
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:13:52 AM »
What game are you most excited about shown there, which do you think is horrible, and what do you think of the whole thing overall?

I myself am waiting for the nintendo one at the moment.

LeitonGrey

• Backer
  • I strike from the shadows
    • View Profile
Re: E3
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:24:18 AM »
Dunno about E3 itself (haven't kept up with gaming news enough in the past few years), but the E3 humble bundle is pretty epic. That is, if you enjoy any of the games, since most of it is DLC xD
Taste of my disease
Twitch Art

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:37:41 AM »
I don't own any of the current consoles, so my hype is actually kinda limited, but I'm most looking forward to the Nintendo conference to see what's coming up for the 3DS, and which older franchises are getting revived. It probably just comes with growing up with those consoles, but I always seem to be most interested in the Big N's conference than anything else.

I'm also curious about the two big "not quite vaporware" titles. We know we're not getting any new info on FFXV, but I wonder if the Last Guardian will finally show up after the last trailer we got... at E3 2009.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:05:35 PM »
ive been staying away from E3 just because it makes me depressed im not going hehe but i am super pumped for Destiny because it looks like the playstyle of borderlands which i love!

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 02:05:41 AM »
Ratical.... I think Nintendo has a System Seller holy carp in a leaky barrel!
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:19:19 AM »
Ratical.... I think Nintendo has a System Seller holy carp in a leaky barrel!

Big N is lookin' good. I still don't have  Wii U, but now I feel like I'm missing out.

Also, do a leaky barrel-roll! Star Fox is comin' back! To consoles, no less!

I just saw the highlights from Nintendo's conference, and they've got a really good lineup coming. A lot of their big names are gonna be represented in the next year or so. I liked how they were focused almost entirely on games since, you know, that's what people wanna see!

New Xenoblade looks good. I like how NoA clearly had no intention of releasing the first one in the West, then it got rescued and flourished into a series.

Valhalla

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:05 AM »
I really liked the concept of The Division. And i'm hyped for The Witcher 3. I'm not a fan of Nintendo anymore, for me they are far back in the consoles warfare, the only thing that i really love is Mario Kart, and the 8 is awesome noneless.

Saw a lot of interesting stuff, i think the PS4/XboxOne will finally have more games to work with.

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »
I really liked the concept of The Division. And i'm hyped for The Witcher 3. I'm not a fan of Nintendo anymore, for me they are far back in the consoles warfare, the only thing that i really love is Mario Kart, and the 8 is awesome noneless.

Saw a lot of interesting stuff, i think the PS4/XboxOne will finally have more games to work with.

While it is true Nintendo is losing the console war in terms of profit margins, you have to consider the fact that None of the Nintendo games are available legally on other platforms other than their own.

The PS4 and the XBone do have a few exclusives each, some of which shared with each other, but a lot of the "big ones" ,other than Destiny, will more than likely end up on Steam for the #PCMasterRace people.

Most Nintendo Franchises fulfill a role in the gaming community that Sony and Microsoft has failed to catch or has caught with very limited success (see Ratchet and Clank or Jax and Daxter). It also helps Nintendo that a lot of their current fans grew up in the 1990s and the early 2000s when Nintendo was Huge.
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
adding on to what Kage said, nintendo is primarily kid based as well!! thats a hug market and sure kids grow up and move onto playstation and xbox but I know plenty of people who grew up with the original DS and now prefer the Wii U over other consoles. Its working in its own special way

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »
Oh boy did Nintendo just win E3. I mean- as someone who just bought a Wii U with the Mario Kart bundles and all, I was kinda apprehensive because I didn't want to be disappointed right after- but they came through 100%.

They WERE primarily kid based as well but nowadays they're really reaching out to a wider audience, what with Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade and all that fancy jazz. I also believe that since the release of Mario Kart Wii U sales have gone up by a lot- a lot of people are doing what I did, and with this success at E3 I think they're going to keep that winning streak going.

Not only are they seeming to be listening to what their fans want a lot more but their presentation was superb with the Robot Chicken and interesting introductory sequences, as well as the Nintendo Treehouse live which is continuing to add depth and reveal more content for those who are really interesting. It's very clever marketing. Not to mention they've finally decided to come out with new IP and it looks gorgeous.

I bought the Wii U largely because as a primarily PC gamer most games will indeed be on PC for me anyway for a start and also I don't mind the alternate control system on the Wii U because I'm not used to regular controllers anyway so it doesn't phase me. Now prior to E3 there are so many new games I want so badly coming out that I've never been happier with a choice of console...

Nintendo have really shown a level of self-awareness and poise that I believe can be taken as a sign that they're moving back on the right track. So yeah I'm super pleased~
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 02:38:19 AM »
The big PC game for me this time around was definitely Ori and the Blind Forest, which I'm sure will appeal to a lot of folks here. Beautifully dark platformer from Moon Studios starring a cute little kinda-bunny-like forest spirit. Very similar to Child of Light in style and presentation, and has a lot of aesthetic similarities to Armello. Did I mention it's really beautiful? Cuz it is.

It's also gonna be on Xbox One if that's your thing.

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 07:47:29 AM »
Yeah for me it's that one as well as the new game by the guy who made Limbo- forgot the name- as well as Hotline Miami 2!! I have to admit I enjoy Hotline Miami soo much!! xD- The mere sound of the music from the game makes me want to smash pixelated heads xP

Also one of the few games where I barely feel bad for killing the dogs. Because they're horrible and they get me every time!! x.x
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
I miss E3 of old: where there were many surprises and every developer showed up. No footage pretending to be real-time etc etc.