Author Topic: Writer in need of practice  (Read 1273 times)

ChuRenDel

• Backer
  • The Champion of Armello
    • View Profile
    • ChuRenDel's DeviantArt page
Writer in need of practice
« on: June 09, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »
Hey there. Some of you may have noticed from my last post on the “Personal Works” thread that I’d like to return to script-writing soon. However, I have one problem. The last story entry I wrote was more than 8 months ago, and I fear I may need some practice before dedicating all of my energy to writing.

So here’s the plan. Down below is a short excerpt of my writing style.

-----------------

MRS CARBERRY: *knocks on the door* Anna! Keep it down! You'll disturb your father!

ANNA: Oh! Sorry, Mother! *opens the door* I just can't help but feel excited for today!

MRS CARBERRY: Now, now, you may be a young woman, but you still have to obey the rules of this house. No misbehaving…what is the matter with your hat?

ANNA: Umm…*turns around*…it doesn't fit me anymore. It was my favourite.

MRS CARBERRY: Oh, don't worry about it, dear. The only thing you have to be concerned of today is making sure the party runs smoothly. And besides, who wouldn't want to see the face of the pretty girl that's taken charge?

ANNA: Sarah?

MRS CARBERRY: I already told her that it's your turn this year. Now, run along. The workers have arrived early today. And don't forget to keep quiet when you pass the study! Your father is very busy today and wishes not to be disturbed!

ANNA: *bows* I promise, Mother. *runs off, but trips on her high heels* Oof! My bad!

MRS CARBERRY: Anna, you little rascal. *laughs*

-----------------

What I need are some ideas. Ideas for short stories, maybe based in Armello or elsewhere, 750+ words and the main focus is a conversation between two or more individuals.

Feel free to leave me some of your ideas in the comments below, and I’ll put the short stories up probably on my DA page, just so that everything is kept in one place. Once a story is written, I’ll leave a link here.

Also keep in mind that while you may have a suggestion posted here, it won’t be guaranteed to be chosen for sure.

Use this as a template when writing out your suggestions:

Idea No. 1

Theme:
Suggestion:

Idea No. 2

Theme:
Suggestion:

And so on. So, shoot.

Kinan Eldari

• Backer
  • "the Solar Force"
    • View Profile
Re: Writer in need of practice
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:27:05 AM »
As someone else who (currently) writes for fun, I've found that while asking people to give you suggestions is a nice tool, ultimately it doesn't solve your problem of needing to get inspiration. But I'm not sure if you want me to give some suggestions to help you come up with ideas on your own, since that's not what you asked. Don't want to come across as an annoying know-it-all. :-\