Author Topic: Personal Works  (Read 9463 times)

Justin Whitfort

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Works
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 01:00:29 AM »
I got halfway through making the next page and my art computer suddenly stopped working. It won't connect with monitors there's something wrong with the graphics card or something and I can't do anything about it x.x
Assuming you still get the screens before Windows(?) loads, have you tried booting into safe mode? If that fixes things, you can reinstall drivers there.
Alternately, does the monitor act like there isn't even a computer connected? (Perhaps showing "No display device connected" or similar). That might be more likely to be something nastier going on, or just a loose cable/connection like 8Bit suggested.

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 08:12:40 AM »
Unfortunately nothing loads at all. Does not connect at all.  I've tried plugging it in and changing the monitor and changing it again and all in all it just won't connect. It did ONCE for a brief while before glitching out a few hours later. It was a life saver though because I had time to get my assignment off it at least.
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »
Unfortunately nothing loads at all. Does not connect at all.  I've tried plugging it in and changing the monitor and changing it again and all in all it just won't connect. It did ONCE for a brief while before glitching out a few hours later. It was a life saver though because I had time to get my assignment off it at least.

Well, that's really a bummer...
Sounds like the monitor isn't the problem. Which isn't god, sise it means that the problem is probably the motherboard or grafics card....
Anyways, I wish you luck with fixing it.

To return a bit to the topic of the thread, I would love to hear more about people's creative ventures.
I have been making some headway with reading through my draft, but it takes longer than I wish it would. Still, progress is progress.
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 04:13:54 PM »
Well, if you don't mind amateur writing - My Campaign blue books

http://www.furaffinity.net/scraps/spiritfox.gokl/

In order:

• Meet Clan Orrin
  • A Siege in the Mists
  • All in the Family
  • Rain of a New Age

The other stuff's notes and references. All these are part of a second campaign that my Game Master is running. I've added a lot since, but I haven't bothered to upload.
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 04:54:40 PM »
Sometimes I draw, sometimes I write, sometimes I design. Most of it isn't online, but I'll put it up sometime.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
Sometimes I draw, sometimes I write, sometimes I design. Most of it isn't online, but I'll put it up sometime.

dont forget to come back and upload it :) thanks snacuum

YouTube | Email

CtrlAltDfeat

• Backer
  • SUP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 02:18:49 AM »
Nice thread :D

I will definitely check out everyone's work when I get home! Especially Beyond the Western Deep; looks amazing!

As I've said, I'm a game developer and specialize in 2D/UI Art! Links to my portfolio can be found below :D

http://gavinbird.carbonmade.com/

https://www.behance.net/WhiteFrames

Check my stuff out and let me know what you think :)

~Chewed off my very own hand to get me out of this trap~

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 12:26:32 AM »
Nice thread :D

I will definitely check out everyone's work when I get home! Especially Beyond the Western Deep; looks amazing!

As I've said, I'm a game developer and specialize in 2D/UI Art! Links to my portfolio can be found below :D

http://gavinbird.carbonmade.com/

https://www.behance.net/WhiteFrames

Check my stuff out and let me know what you think :)

Oh wow ive never played killzone but did that all get implemented into the game!!!

YouTube | Email

CtrlAltDfeat

• Backer
  • SUP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 12:37:15 AM »
Oh wow ive never played killzone but did that all get implemented into the game!!!

Most of it, not all of it! :)
~Chewed off my very own hand to get me out of this trap~

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »

Most of it, not all of it! :)

THats awesome!!

YouTube | Email

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 04:19:49 AM »
Hello fellow Armellians

As you are all no doubt aware of at this moment, this community consists of people of all shapes, sizes, interests and professions.  Yesterday I had the pleasure of reading a webcomic called 'Beyond the Western Deep' which was drawn by none other then our resident artist @kobb!

http://www.westerndeep.net/

So I was wondering what have you guys created.  Whether it be art, blogging, games, programs, clothes? whatever it is im really interested to see what the rest of this community has created in their spare time or as their job! So please post below so we can all see!!

Thanks 8Bit!!! I was wondering where I could find a link to this

AutumnWyvern

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
My tablet broke before I could finish the first real update, but I am working on an adventure/quest-style webcomic about some cutesy anthro dragons. I admit a lot of the lore (at least at this point) doesn't make much sense beyond "hey! it's magic!" and "convenient reasons for everyone to be traveling around the world." but I think it will be fun! I have some pretty neat things planned out/sketched up and my sister with a working tablet is coming home from visitation with our mom soon so I'll start chugging away at it then! Until that though you can look at the "prologue" and bookmark/follow the tumblr blog here!
Though to better gauge your interest the style will be more akin to this

uthin

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »
Hi,

Warning: long post ahead.

Aside from fiction like this piece of Armello "what if":

http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=559.0

- most of my creative juices are spent on creating content for role-playing games, D&D mostly. Two campaigns in particular comes to mind.

One took place in Ravenloft (under AD&D 2nd Ed) and had a Dracula-ish castle complete with ruins, secret stairs and corridors, a wannabe vampire - who got his wish fulfilled of course - and a tragic love story between the lord's trusty henchman and the daughter of a Vistani (gypsy) witch, a story full of love, fear, loss, hatred all intertwined with the plans of an ages old lich in a kind of hibernation and a quest to resanctify a dwarven holy site. (Yep, I think that mostly covered that one.)

As for the other, that was one I suddenly realized had turned into an experiment. We are playing Basic D&D B/X (Red box rules). The story went that the "Beast" or "Hound" was about to awaken to Power so great as to make it a terrible god who would enslave all sentient life bit by bit if a certain ritual is not stopped (Anubis-like mummy going on godhood in underground temple complex complete with pyramid and lava pool for sacrifices). The PCs get information that impressed on them the need for immediate action, all amidst signs of the world coming to an end (dark clouds swirling above the city of Kelven in Karameikos, increasing rioting in the streets, horses spooked everywhere, murder and plundering, quakes and weird phenomena), and a Thieves' Guild gang war (or is it?). The only help they got was the 7 or 8 potions of healing they still had from the last (first, actually) adventure and a staff of healing that would work once on every person in the party.
When the full extent of the challenge dawned upon the players, my daughter and I had something like the following exchange:

She, incredulous: "But that's like saving the world...!"
I, trying not to show too much satisfaction: "That does kinda sound like it, doesn't it?"
She, horrified: "BUT WE'RE ONLY 1ST LEVEL!!!"

It was awesome.  ;D

Another thing is that we play on a virtual desktop, so I have to draw (or "steal" from the interwebs) pretty maps for the action. Here is something I have created (using a lot of Dundjinni community-supplied art) for an upcoming game session, based on the adventure "One Last Tribute" by Eran Aviram:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/38t7dl1doogkr0x/AAB9nDP5KAeNjMbA0P-icrOGa?dl=0

The original adventure can be found here:

http://www.tactica-games.co.il/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/onepagedungeon2012.pdf

Sorry for the wordy post. I'm just like that.  :)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »
Dont apologize for the wordy post, this is a personal works thread and I encourage you and everything else to blab and blab and blab until I need a second page! Great work on the story Uthin im sorry I haven't replied to it, it was one of those work weeks! I hope your D&D game goes awesome that art is looking swell  ;) Let me know who wins :P

YouTube | Email

uthin

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 08:17:38 AM »
Dont apologize for the wordy post, this is a personal works thread and I encourage you and everything else to blab and blab and blab until I need a second page! Great work on the story Uthin im sorry I haven't replied to it, it was one of those work weeks! I hope your D&D game goes awesome that art is looking swell  ;) Let me know who wins :P

So I got wordy over at the Artisan's Alley again. This time I had to spread it out over three posts, because a single post can only be 20000 characters long. Be warned.  ;)