Author Topic: Armello Mobile Monitisation  (Read 63 times)

Jeepers!

• View Profile
Armello Mobile Monitisation
« on: September 02, 2018, 06:17:30 AM »
It's not nice to make my first post a complaint but I wanted to express my disappointment that LoG have corrupted a great mobile port of a great game with a premium currency and purchasable loot boxes. These two monitisation methods are only used to manipulate players into into putting more money into the game then they are comfortable with and that's as skeevy a tactic as anything you'd find in the trickery deck. I feel it's not worth selling out your players simply to make a quick buck.

Edit: After a bit of play, I've realised the loot boxes are purely for the Wyld's Bounty dice. I hope it stays that way but the 50 loot boxes pack in the store makes me nervous!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:24:18 PM by Jeepers! »

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Re: Armello Mobile Monitisation
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
Armello on PC and consoles is a premium price + DLC because that what works on those platforms.

We decided to make Armello free on mobile with the option to buy extra the DLC or earn it in-game. We did think about making it a premium game, but after a lot of research we weren't certain a $5-$10 game on mobile would work. We also wanted to make it free to encourage new players to try it out!

The monetisation in Armello doesn't include ads but gives folks options to not spend money if they don't want.

Let me know if you have more questions!