Author Topic: Shiny New FAQ!  (Read 4723 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Shiny New FAQ!
« on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »
HEY ALL!

If you've got a question about Armello, or are wondering about a particular aspect of the game, universe or development, you're likely not alone. So it’s always best to check here first before posting elsewhere. This post is updated to reflect the most common questions we receive.

If something's not here, feel free to ask it below and we'll add it to this post.

What platforms is Armello available on?
For now, Armello is on PC, Mac, Linux (Steam and DRM-free) and PS4 with release for iOS and Android planned for 2016.

I’ve heard Armello is a real-time, turn-based game? How so?
Each hero has Action Points which they use to move, fight, quest and explore. Once a player's action points are depleted, they hit 'End Turn'.

However, in Armello, players can still perform certain actions when it's not their turn - we call this the player's 'off turn'. During your off turn you can strategise by playing cards to the board or other heroes, equipping cards, recruiting followers, securing alliances and plotting epic betrayal!

Do you plan to update Armello in the future?
Absolutely! We are always working hard to deliver the next free major content update. You can see our update history at armello.com/#updates and see the large variety of crunchy new features we’ve been adding to the game since our Early Access launch.

Additionally, we’ll be delivering paid DLC in future too, likely in the form of new Heroes! Whoa!

I have an epic suggestion for Armello, how do I let you know?!
We love to see the community jamming on ideas and suggestions! This sort of thing is perfect for a forum post, as we monitor our forums very closely.

We heard you broadcast via Twitch, what’s that about?!
Great question, miscellaneous human, we broadcast regularly through Twitch. The developers answer questions and play Armello as well as other games (mostly developed by pals of ours). Sometimes we even play them with YOU, our rad community. Check out our full schedule and program list here.

Can you please make a physical board game?
Hey! So, funnily, Armello was actually prototyped on paper as a physical board game, but it required two game masters to run smoothly. Naturally the game is far more complex now and mechanics have been implemented that make it impossible for a simple conversion to a physical format.

If Armello was to exist as a physical game, it would have to be an adaptation. This is something that we cannot prioritise at the moment.

Can you please implement hotseat/local multiplayer?
Hotseat/local multiplayer is not something we ever planned or budgeted for. Not only that, but Armello is a game where the obfuscation and acquisition of information is a core mechanic and critical to many of the game’s political dynamics. As such, adapting the game for local multiplayer would require a large amount of redesign without the promise that Armello’s existing dynamics would remain.

Can you please implement a reconnection feature to multiplayer?
As of v1.1, we have taken steps to ensure our multiplayer is as stable as possible, so your internet would have to drop for 7-15 seconds before you actually get booted from a game.

Full blown drop and reconnection is on our *want* list but it’s a huge, expensive feature.

Can you please implement a free/open chat system?
Our community is incredibly important to us and it's imperative that it remains a safe space for absolutely everyone. We're a small studio and as such simply don't have the ability (or desire) to moderate chat. As such, we don’t plan on implementing free chat into Armello.

The experience of free chat just isn't enough of a boon to open up our community to those inevitable folks who are gonna be trolls and jerkfaces.

Will the Bandit Clan heroes become available to non-backers?
Yeah! After much consultation with backers and Armello’s broader community, the Bandit Clan are scheduled to become publicly available for purchase in 2016. You can read more on that here.

Is there a deck building system? Will we be able to buy card packs?
In true board game fashion, players draw cards in each game from three communal decks of cards. We regularly release more cards into the game as we roll out our free major updates.

Will there be an animated Armello movie or series? Has a TV network or movie studio approached you? Anything at all on the cards?
We'd love that to happen, and yes, we have been approached, but... for now we're focusing on the game. However, if you happen to be from a studio or network, please, do say hi! :)

Will there be any more Armello publications (comics, novels, children's books...) set in the Armello world?
We hope so! We definitely want to do them.

Novellas are our first foray into sharing more of the wider Armello world and they are currently in production, on schedule for release in 2016. Naturally, we are always investigating other mediums and new ways to tell the many stories of that special place we call Armello.

I’m a backer, but am still yet to claim my copy of Armello. Where do I go from here?
Everyone's Steam keys have been sent to their Humble Bundle download page! Even your additional copies!

You can access your Humble Bundle download page by going to the Humble Bundle Key Resender and entering your email address (the one you used for backing Armello on Kickstarter).

You will then receive an email containing all of your orders associated with your email address, including your new download page for Armello.

If you don't have Steam installed, you can download Steam here.

If you encounter trouble with your Steam install, this support page should help you out.

Annnnd here's a link on how to use your Steam key to activate the game on Steam.

How do I sign up to the LoG Forums?
If you haven't yet set up your LoG Forums account, here's the post on how to go about doing that. Just remember that it will take at least an hour for your account to switch over to backer privileges after signing up.

I have encountered a bug, what do I do?
When possible, please send an in-game bug report through the pause menu. This provides us with more information on your current session and assists us in bug hunting.

Alternatively, send an email through to qa[at]leagueofgeeks.com with a description of the issue and the relevant logs for the session.

Log Locations
On Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\League of Geeks\Armello\logs
On Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/League of Geeks/Armello/logs
On Mac (el Capitan): /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/unity.League of Geeks
On Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/League of Geeks/Armello/logs

I love you guys! How can I help out more?
We love you too. Seriously. You da best. If you are keen on helping out more there are a few ways you can do that.

• Give us a positive review on Steam!
  • Follow us on Twitch!
  • Keep an eye on us for future products and Armello content!

Got a question you can't see here that you desperately want answered? Reply to this thread and we'll answer it as best we can. Heck, we might just add it to the FAQ.

Cheers!

<3 Darcy

SurefireTactics

• Armello Master
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Shiny New FAQ!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »
Is voice acting for the heroes ever going to be a thing? Not asking for it personally, but would love to know if there are plans for it at LoG since I remember early trailers having Brun say lines during the animations

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:10:17 AM »
They accepted taped auditions for VAs back in Beta (when Brun had a voice in game).  I think they found they didn't have the money resources to hire a voice for "everyone" and didn't want to have uneven voicing.  I'd be cool with just the Dev's themselves giving voices to their cast, but they also said they didn't want anything to come off as "amateurish".

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:28:25 AM »
I'd be cool with just the Dev's themselves giving voices to their cast, but they also said they didn't want anything to come off as "amateurish".

Hahah Kletian, just Darcy as everyone?? That sounds VERY dangerous :P

Darcy Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »
Get me in there!

SurefireTactics

• Armello Master
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »
Get me in there!

At least let the man try (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
Lisy, you could do some of the girls.  Surely there are other LoG members that could help as well.

Heck, I'd volunteer a free voice if I had equipment to record it correctly.

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 11:48:32 AM »
I would so volunteer a voice... -.-
But I'm unsure - not of myself - but my equipment...
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"