Author Topic: Times Armello Has Made Me Want To Cry: Part 1  (Read 5130 times)

The Royalty Games

• View Profile
Times Armello Has Made Me Want To Cry: Part 1
« on: December 25, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »
Task:
Walk into dungeon, get all but 2 outcomes, that being Bane of Doom and Teleportation, Walk to hero, kill them and complete my quest.

What actually happened:

1/3 Actions, Walked to dungeon, BANE. Evaded to safety

2/3 Actions, Walked into the dungeon AGAIN, BANE, AGAIN, Evaded to not close to dungeon.

3/3 Actions, Used my teleportation card to teleport to dungeon AGAIN. Received the Gun treasure, making the fight with the hero easier. Fought with hero, ONLY NEEDED ONE SWORD DIE and got NONE, fight ended in draw. Used Strategy card to gain another action.

4/3 Actions, Faced hero AGAIN, only needed ONE SWORD to win and complete my quest..... DIED TO HERO, NO SWORD DIE, INSTA RAGE QUIT, CRYING ON INSIDE HOW UNLUCKY I WAS.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: Times Armello Has Made Me Want To Cry: Part 1
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »
Amber +  Dig Amulet. Spent 9 turns wandering between two dungeons.

Only Spirit Stone I got was from a Quest. I swear to god, the Dig talisman seems to be bugged. D:

ZeirosLion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 10:27:44 AM »
Character: The grinning blade, turned (not-so-) great purveyor of Spirit Stones, Mercurio. (Trying to get used to Mercurio and ended up pursuing that victory.)

Task: Currently got three stones: one from a quest, one from a dungeon, and one from a stone circle. Fourth stone is possible through a quest, all the way on the other side of the board. Two or three turns should get me there.

What Actually Happened: Sana happened. She was not having any of the Rat Clan's shenanigans. She heads down in my general direction. Mercurio plants some perils that either she passes without a sweat, or just avoids altogether. She promptly plinks me for a quick kill (she was already Prestige Leader by this point, so it only secured her lead.) Okay, whatever.

Add another turn.

I start going to the other side of the castle so I can get to my quest point. Out-of-turn spells plink me once again, and a bane finishes me off.

Add another turn.

Start going away from bloody Sana again. She kills my AP with a spell.

May as well add another turn.

By this point, Amber got her four stones, so I got a little revenge by playing kingmaker (or is it queenmaker?... hmm.) Amber ended up winning the game.

It's still a victory, but never have I ever wanted a bear skin rug more in my life.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:47:33 AM »
Uuugh... hate it when you wind up getting farmed by the 'juggernaut' player. Well, at least you got to be MVP when it truly counted! Nothing is better than a little... spite. :D

"From hell's gate, I do STAB AT THEE!" ~me. Every game, ever. XD

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »
Playing as Zosha, with the King at 2 hp. My quest objective is hopelessly far away, I have no Prestige, almost no money, and a handful of mediocre cards.

The plan:

1. Infiltrate the palace grounds during the day, using Expendables and burning cards to get past the closest Wits trap.

2. Wait for evening, hoping that nobody has a spell to target me with, since everybody is more than three tiles away.

3. ? ? ?

4. Kill the king. All hail the Rat Clan! Profit.

What actually happens:

1. Just barely make it into the palace. So far so good.

2. Nobody has blasted me with a spell, and it's almost my turn again. So far so good.

3. River wanders through a hidden dungeon portal, teleports to the dungeon adjacent to me, and uses her remaining move to push me out of the palace.

4.  The other two players bumble around the map, interfering with me and each other while ignoring River. River shoots the king, who dies. All hail the Wolf Clan! Fate is unkind.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »
I like this thread a lot.

ʕง´•ᴥ•`ʔง

rykker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »
I have been beaten down as River all game.   But have an ace in the hole.  The ever precious hot rot wine.  The way is open to the king from earlier  fighting where I was thwarted and now people trip over themselves to nail him.  I am denied my chance to take the shot by an uppity Zosha several times until finally she is poised to knock him down.   Brun who is a brand new player to the game I introduced stands next to her.

The Task:   I decide fuck it if I cant stop her Brun can.  Buff the fuck out of Brun and watch him squash that wretched rat for my spite.

The result.  I use my rot to one damage zosha and soften her up.  then I buff Brun with a Mirror image twice and a feral.  I think I will get to see sweet sweet justice.  But Bruns turn comes around... and he just walks away instead of stopping her.  Zosha kills the king while I face-palm so hard..  The sadness is real.   :'(

FluX

• Hot Rot Win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »
I once decided I wouldn't play either River or Mecurio. I settled for the glorious Bane-Banishing-Bear Sana.  I was going to cleanse the land of Rot and have a good time. But, it was not to be.

Right from the get-go it was a terrible experience. My clan grounds was stuck behind a mountain range of 3 hexes and two swamps. I only had 1 in and out way out of the clan area . Unfortunately, this turned the area in front of my clan grounds into a huge bottleneck.

My poor bear, with her pitiful (2,3? I don't remember) fight never got out of her Clan Area. Thane, River, and Zosha proceeded to kill me repeatedly. Plus, poor luck with drawing Teleport Cards further limited my mobility. It was a sad day.

And that's why I don't play Sana anymore.

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »
I once decided I wouldn't play either River or Mecurio. I settled for the glorious Bane-Banishing-Bear Sana.  I was going to cleanse the land of Rot and have a good time. But, it was not to be.

Right from the get-go it was a terrible experience. My clan grounds was stuck behind a mountain range of 3 hexes and two swamps. I only had 1 in and out way out of the clan area . Unfortunately, this turned the area in front of my clan grounds into a huge bottleneck.

My poor bear, with her pitiful (2,3? I don't remember) fight never got out of her Clan Area. Thane, River, and Zosha proceeded to kill me repeatedly. Plus, poor luck with drawing Teleport Cards further limited my mobility. It was a sad day.

And that's why I don't play Sana anymore.

Ouch. Getting boxed in by bad starting terrain is painful for anyone not playing a Wolf with the Celestite ring, but Sana is probably the worst character to get stuck in that situation. To be fair to Sana though, she can do some fairly awesome things under normal circumstances. E.g. barging into the palace and killing a 5-6 health king while everyone else is still scrambling to finish their quests/grab spirit stones.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 12:36:38 AM »
I tried playing as Brun.  I hate the bears, magic is way too luck-based for me, and as usual I wasn't drawing a single useful spell - though I did get Immolated by Zosha.  I wasn't getting any equipment either, though I tried drawing from the item deck several times.

Still, I kept at it.  Maybe I'd manage a kingslayer victory even though everyone else had better gear and prestige than I did.  I finally reach my third quest and get a blacksmith - a lucky break at last!  Zosha instantly used Bribery on him.

SheaFresh

• Armello Tester
  • Lag egg
    • View Profile
    • Hitbox Channel
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 06:58:04 AM »
>Playing Mercrudy (as usual) and got the Blacksmith from a quest.
>Walk into a settlement
>End turn
>Beheaded
>SadPepe.jpg
go to hitbox.tv/sheafresh for my streams

Tavo-Lobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 04:18:14 AM »
Used Thane, my pal for life!

Focused my entire game on Fight/Body Quests... End game with 8 Fight (+1 fight because of Scarcth) And 7 body. Was the Prestigied person of the game "Armello Loves me!".
Weakling  Bunny Amber wanted to battle because she needed one more prestige to beat me.
In the fight i got 5 rot dices... she managed to give me some hits...
I could have survived... If I wasn't ROUTED!!!

Lost the game! '_'
Remove the Routed, PLZ!!!

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »
This one wasn't me, but I'm sure the guy it happened to wanted to cry.

Thane took an early prestige lead, but lost it after picking the policy that cost him three prestige to give everyone else one, followed by Barnaby killing a Bane.  Barnaby stayed in the lead for prestige for the rest of the game, up until the very last turn of the game... his.  During that he (possibly by accident) attacked Zosha.  She picked up 10 damage, killing him despite four shields, and between his losing one prestige for dying, and Zosha gaining three for killing another hero, with a bounty, with the blood bath policy in place, she won instead.

If Barnaby had just ended his turn immediately, he would have won the game.  Instead he handed it to Zosha.  Must have been heartbreaking.

The_Buftonian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 10:07:19 PM »
Edit: Damn. Novel much? Jeez, me, tell 'em your life story it'll be shorter!

I had everything locked down. Guys. Guys, listen to me. Everything. It was locked down.

Playing scratch Thane, and I had flown under the radar most of the game. Partly due to some bad luck, partly due to not playing super aggressive in an attempt to not make it 3v1 against me. Had two bastard swords and a trusty shield equipped, and an adventurer's kit in my hand. So I figured, if I can draw another shield card, I can swap to the kit to pass the peril into the palace, and then switch back to defensive items to stay safe once I'm in there.

I manage to draw a tower shield and start moving toward the palace, where I think Sana is getting ready to breach the walls. Then surprise, Brun get's lucky and gets handed a 4th spirit stone. Mercurio enters the palace, Brun kills him on a slightly lucky roll and takes his place. We all panic a little, but I draw all spells to make sure I get something useful and hit him with Aflame, saving my Immolate for later. Aflame softens him up so Sana can finish him off and my plan is back on track.

I'm set up in position at a corner by the palace. One hex beside me is the tile Sana is trying to breach into, the other side of me is the one I'd like to go in. This way, if Sana makes it in, I kill her and take her spot, if not I go after mine. She fails, so I switch to Adventurer's kit, and head upwards, burning a couple of cards but making it into the palace. Knowing that Sana will want to come around the side and attack me, and that Brun is coming up for me too, I drop a Wall of Thorns on the corner tile I had been on, blocking them both. Then I switch out to tower shield and settle in. I'm at 4/5 health, 8 fight. Looking good.

Brun hits me with Shimmer Shield. No problem, I can now use the Immolate in my hand defensively in combat against a king's guard or (more likely) to live through the king. I'm prestige leader. I can put a bounty on me and call all 3 king's guards back to the palace (of which only 1 is there now), or I can spread my prestige amongst the others. Easy choice, right? I share the love. As a result I only have to defend against the one kings guard, who I kill while taking no damage. I draw my cards, all from the item deck to try to draw shields and swords to burn against the king. I end up with two shield and two swords in my hand. Perfect. I go for the king, thinking how I had seemed like a total dark horse just a few turns earlier and how this would likely be my finest Armello moment to date.

Two bastard swords, tower shield. I burned all four of those cards in my hand. King's at 2 hp. Everything looked great, I had a solid defensive and a very strong offense, and only two misses handed to the king. It all looked great. He rolls up my misses... And gets three attack out of it, getting him juuuuuust high enough to kill me. We both die. The match goes to Brun, the new prestige leader as of the king's declaration the start of that very turn. I was crushed.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 07:32:26 AM »
Twice recently the king has survived my attack with 1 HP because he rolled my misses - exactly two of them - and gotten two shields.  The second time it was a shield and a wyld, but same thing.

Not exactly something to cry about, but still rather frustrating when it happens twice in as many attempts at kingslayer.