Author Topic: Fur vs Scale  (Read 4986 times)

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
Fur vs Scale
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:37:00 AM »

When I'm not rumbling around Armello as Brun, smiting the king or trying desperately for that Rot win (I'll get it one day!), I'm busy building Fur vs Scale - a game that mashes together my love of anthropomorphic characters with arcade fighter mechanics.

Fur vs Scale is a fast-paced tabletop card game for 2-4 players, pitting colorful animal heroes of rival kingdoms against each other in strategic combat. The game challenges players to construct winning combinations of attacks, blocks, counters, and super moves over four rounds to be crowned victor.

If that's something that interests you, you can check out the character profiles and keep up to date on the game's progress at furvsscale.com

In addition, RN Estudio is making collectible miniatures, based on the characters, for the game's collector bundle. The 3D renders are in and they're pretty cool!

Backer: Armellian Tier, Favorite Hero: Brun
Twitter: @MarcAranha

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: Fur vs Scale
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
No feathered representation!? I'm insulted! :D
Wow, I have no idea how I hadn't yet heard of this game.

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 03:30:59 AM »
No feathered representation!? I'm insulted! :D
Wow, I have no idea how I hadn't yet heard of this game.

They are allied with the kingdom of Wyrm (i.e. the Scale faction). No feathered heroes revealed "yet" :D

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »
Fur vs Scale is launching on Kickstarter in February with the hopes of funding additional heroes and artwork. Check out the short promo video here!

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 12:39:55 AM »
This is so cool! But is it like Street Fighter style or how does it play?

Thanks man!

YouTube | Email

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »
This is so cool! But is it like Street Fighter style or how does it play?

Thanks man!

It's a tabletop card game (not a video game) that mashes-up anthropomorphic heroes with arcade fighter mechanics. I was definitely inspired by Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. You'll play up to 4 rounds in head to head combat, first building a Move List each round through drafting from your hero's card pool, and then using those Attack, Counter, Block, and Super cards to construct point combinations, stymie your opponent, and try and score 60 points. Each hero also has their own unique special abilities and finishers that can be used to influence the board and turn the tide of battle :D For example, Snaggle (the Crocodile Berserker) can overwhelm (i.e. destroy) a card placed between two of his higher valued Attack cards. For this reason, Snaggle players often like to use Block/Power Ups on their Attack cards, to make the threat of Overwhelm even  more dangerous. Yelling, "SNAGGLE DON'T BLOCK!" when you do this is totally optional...but recommended

Here's a pic of the preview edition (going out to reviewers). The game itself is coming to Kickstarter in February where I hope to unlock more heroes (and a few other surprises). Hope to see you there!

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 03:03:21 AM »
Fur vs Scale is now live on Kickstarter!

Fur vs Scale, the fast-paced card game that features colorful anthropomorphic animal heroes and an arcade fighter theme, is currently on Kickstarter! Special, limited edition miniatures, produced by RN Estudio, are available in our exclusive Collectors Bundle.

Fur vs Scale is a fast-paced tabletop card game for 2-4 players, pitting heroes of rival kingdoms against each other in strategic combat. The game captures the ebb and flow of your favorite arcade fighter, challenging players to construct winning combinations of attacks, blocks, counters, and super moves over four rounds to be crowned victor. Featuring colorful anthropomorphic animal characters with unique special abilities, Fur vs Scale offers a variety of depth that can be enjoyed by kids and adults of all ages.

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:05:15 AM »
Undead Viking just put up a great video review of Fur vs Scale. If you were interested in the game, give it a look. His closing comments are really wonderful.

https://youtu.be/7eYRvlifCQU

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 06:12:35 AM »
Sadly, Fur vs Scale, didn't garner the support I was hoping for from the Kickstarter community and I canceled the campaign today

The good news is that Fur vs Scale is still being released - and soon! The game is done and off to the printers for a (smaller) print run and the miniatures are being cast by RN Estudio.

If you're still interested in supporting Fur vs Scale and receiving the game, the miniatures, or both, please visit http://www.furvsscale.com and pre-order your copy today. As a thank you to early adopters, I will not only be offering the same shipping discounts advertised through this Kickstarter, but I will also be hand-signing and numbering all copies of the game ordered during the pre-order period.

In addition, I have decided to sell the miniatures with and without the game. So, if you just want your "resin crack" without the game - you can get that now, too. Bonus - I was able to lower the price of the miniatures a bit as well (and the corresponding Collector's Bundle).

Happy gaming everyone!

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 12:15:02 PM »
Proof copy of the Fur vs Scale game just came in :) I put together a short video of shots from the actual game components as well as the 3d prints the resin miniatures will be cast from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0igFeKylVA

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 09:57:59 PM »
Both the tabletop card game and collectible miniatures are done and available. Very happy with how it all came out. Check out www.furvsscale.com for more info. Happy gaming, everyone!

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »
Very cool!
I am happy for you :D

tackhead9

• In Thane We Trust
    • View Profile
    • tackhead9 on YouTube
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »
Oh wow - definitely a neat looking game, I'm so sorry I didn't see this during its KS stage! I really like the character designs, they kind of remind me of 80s action cartoons for some reason.

I'll keep an eye on your Twitter going forward.
Twitch: tackhead9
'Tube: tackhead9
Twitter: WildTonyAppears
Talent: absolutely lacking!

StevieQ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
So, the game failed on Kickstarter.

Now you are stuck with a garage full of figures, for a game that is never going to sell enough units to get your money back.
It Sounds like a you are very desperate developer with massive financial losses right now...

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 05:32:09 AM »
What is with the attitude?