Author Topic: The Guild of the Cowry Catchers by Abigail Hilton  (Read 1201 times)

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
The Guild of the Cowry Catchers by Abigail Hilton
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:15:38 AM »
Have any of you ever read it or listened to the podcast of this great Fantasy story?

It is an adult book series of 5 books that have a lot of mature themes in it that does in fact go into graphical detail but is not defined by it. It is mainly a story that centers are two Characters, Gerard Holivar and Silveo Lamire. Gerard is Grishnard, a Gryphon Shelt (the humanoid counterpart to the Animal Gryphons). He was a prince of a small island kingdom that ran away because he married a talented peasant bard named Thessalyn. He joined the Military police of a religious state bent on controlling the island nations of weffyrvain to escape the cluthces of his own island deity, the sea dragon Oppahli. Upon joining the military police, and proving his worth as an expert swordsman and sailor, he is put under the direct control of a Foxling named Silveo Lamire, the Admiral of the Temple's Sea Watch. Together they hunt resistance pirates who are trying to subvert the power and the will of the current established religious government controlled by a mysterious Grishnard Shelt named Morchella, who oppresses the other races of weffyrvain.

While it is available for a price in book form and in audiobook form, It is free as a fully voiced podcast on her own website. I highly recommend listening to the full podcast of all the books and purchasing an actual book to support the author.

you can find the podcast on cowrycatchers.com
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.