Author Topic: "Quick AI turns" disables ability to resist Perils during AI turn?  (Read 1098 times)

Xen0nex

• View Profile
Sorry if this isn't the right section; I'm not sure if this is a bug or just intended behaviour. 

I just started playing (and loving!) Armello, but noticed after I enabled Quick AI turns in Options, not only does it speed up the actions of AI players, but if one of them plays a Peril card onto my Hero during their turn, it automatically resolves without giving me a chance to roll die / burn cards to try to resist it?

Is that intended? Do I have to choose between having reasonably short AI turns and no way to defend myself off-turn, or being able to burn cards for Perils, but have the lengthy AI turns back? Seems odd that a setting like that would affect the user's gameplay options.

If it is functioning as intended, then I guess my "ideal" setting for the Quick AI turns would be to speed up all the AI actions as it does currently, but give control to the player again if the AI plays a Peril on your Hero.

Biologist

• View Profile
Re: "Quick AI turns" disables ability to resist Perils during AI turn?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 07:45:13 AM »
Perils are never resisted if played directly to your hero, regardless of whether the opponent playing the Peril is a normal AI, quick AI, or human. Similarly, if you retreat from a losing battle onto a tile with a Peril, you automatically fail the Peril. Sometimes you can use this to your advantage to drive difficult targets onto dangerous tiles in order to finish them off.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

Xen0nex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »
Thanks for the prompt and thorough reply!  Glad to see it's just something I overlooked; really enjoying this game :)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
Hey Xen0nex!

Biologist is totally 100% correct!  Glad to hear you're liking Armello, let us know if you have any questions or anything!

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

<3 Darcy