Author Topic: Armello v1.1 crashing Windows and other OS (WAS: huge disappointment)  (Read 3166 times)

leapingwolfy

• Backer
    • View Profile
We have just updated to Armello v1.1 via steam. To our disappointment we found that the computer used to play Armello since the Kickstarter campaign no longer plays the game. Instead, the application simply crashes when the game is about to start. During the beta phase of v1.1 we were told that the graphics card is suddenly not powerful enough to support the game although Armello worked just fine on the lowest graphic level until the latest update. Unfortunately, due to steam auto-updating, we can no longer play the previous version either, and thus we lost access to the Bandits, which we really like. We find it unacceptable that a minor update to the game resulted in this unfortunate situation. Please fix.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:56:40 AM by leapingwolfy »

leapingwolfy

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Armello v1.1 huge disappointment
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 12:11:48 PM »
It looks like we are not the only ones left in the dust. Just saw these posts in the steam forum describing the same error that we see on Windows 7 (64 bit):

"Slipper  has Armello   Oct 28 @ 12:24pm
Today's patch broke the game for me
It worked fine this morning, but since the update the game systematically crashes when I try to start a game (I can get to the main menu, but if I start a game it crashes on the loading screen).

I'm running Arch Linux."

"cyskus  has Armello Oct 28 @ 1:04pm
I have the same problem, i think,
i run it on windows 8.1 and the game crashes after character selection (on the loading screen)."

"Oskan Crowfather  has Armello Oct 28 @ 1:12pm
I'm having the same issue, windows 7. Worked fine pre-patch."

"WorMzy (on Linux)  has Armello Oct 28 @ 7:03pm
Same problem here.

Arch Linux
Kernel: 4.2.3
Nvidia driver: 355.11"

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
Submit your logs from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\League of Geeks\Armello\logs.

That will help them fix this faster.

leapingwolfy

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 05:55:41 AM »
We have previously submitted a log during the beta phase. Attached is a log from testing today using the released version of Armello 1.1. Please let us know if you need additional information.

leapingwolfy

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Armello v1.1 crashing Windows and other OS (WAS: huge disappointment)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 05:58:07 AM »
I have renamed the thread title to better reflect the issue at hand. This does however not change how we feel about the issue.

Kurtcm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »
Same. Worked fine until this morning after the patch. Now it crashes every time a new game is started. After character selection and all that jazz, the game begins to load and then crashes. Running Windows 7; Same happens to roommate running Windows Vista. (yea, still using vista)

Kurtcm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
Submit your logs from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\League of Geeks\Armello\logs.

That will help them fix this faster.

That would be fine, but the crash occurs before the game starts, so there's no log to send.

leapingwolfy

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 01:18:45 AM »
That would be fine, but the crash occurs before the game starts, so there's no log to send.
Have you actually looked for the log? On our PC, a log file was created pre-crash. I am not sure how useful it is, but it is there.

scotchbubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 12:00:14 PM »
The same thing is happening to me :(

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »
Hi all,

If there aren't any logs in the Logs folder, please go back one folder into Armello (:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\League of Geeks\Armello) and there should be folders in there named after time/dates.

These are hard crash logs - if you can email them to qa[at]leagueofgeeks.com please do.

We are working very hard post MIGW to get this crash fixed and shipped to you!