Author Topic: Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง  (Read 9251 times)

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Re: Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »
I have a few house rule ideas!

King's Guard get +1 fight for every bane they kill.
When corrupted, swamps give +1 health and stone circles give -1 health (instead of outright killing)
No hero abilities
Failed perils are not removed from the board
Failed perils eject player from the tile

That's it! :D

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 05:16:49 AM »
Last Man Standing mode.

Since house rules are obviously going to have to be agreed upon by everyone in the game (or they wouldn't have found it in the first place, they'd be in a skirmish queue), there's no real reason there can't be an extremely different game mode.  With this active, each hero has a limited (customizable?) number of lives.  Let's just say three for a default.

If someone kills the king, or he keels over from Rot damage before there's just one hero left, then there's a normal kingslayer/rot/prestige victory.  But players can also win by running all other characters out of lives - either by slaughtering them as a big, bruising fighter, or by sneaking around and using spells and trickery on them.  Zosha would have a definite advantage here if played well.

vardgo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
how about spirit warriors?  for example how rot works, what if people with 4 spirit stones had a similar buff to corrupted entities gaining their rot level as extra dice?

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:27 PM »
Erm... a house-rule idea that could be useful for keeping tighter games in Armello?

Let's call it Underdog.

The idea is for the existence of a luck curve when walking into dungeons, the same way that item boxes work in Mario Kart. The best items are more likely to be found when the player is in last place, while less useful but still fairly beneficial objects can be found when the player is in the lead.

The way to do that in Armello however, is through the introduction of hidden conditions that can dictate whether or not the player is in a position to defeat the king or is straggling behind everyone else.

Negative outcomes will still and SHOULD appear in Dungeons, but they should at least be less likely for players who are in last place.

This house rule should also only start to affect other players at Night 2 (unsure with Day 2), when most everyone should have already completed their first quest, and is making their way to their second.

This house rule will also affect Amber, but with slightly less potency in order to make it so that her sort of play isn't going to be hampered by this rule.

If player has for four turns since, achieved at least two of any of these conditions:

A) Is last place in prestige points
B) Has not completed a quest
C) Has a high number (at least 3+) of negative effects (Bane, Banish, Stranger) rolled from stepping on a dungeon (there should be something like a hidden counter here)
D) Has been repeatedly targeted and killed by other players or banes (yet another hidden count, note the player must be killed for this to count. This only activates starting at 3 deaths, and does not count suicides.)

There is an increasing chance of getting slightly better treasures (high gold, treasure, follower, and high magic (only at night)) when stepping on a dungeon. (Something akin to Amber's ability, but I admit, I'm still trying to figure out how it's different from it. The only idea I have is that Amber's ability would basically guarantee at least one treasure/follower if and only if she achieves at least three of the conditions stated above)

Those in the lead who have achieved any of these conditions:

A) Has at least 2 cards of either treasure and/or follower cards (this addition is supposed to prevent abuse of this mechanic)
B) Is the prestige leader
C) Has collected 3+ spirit stones
D) Is corrupted AND has a Rot value equal to or higher than the king
E) Has reached or completed their palace entry quest

Will receive a very small penalty of having less chances of rolling treasures and followers when stepping on the dungeon per condition achieved (when the leader has achieved at least 2 of these conditions that they start affecting the leader), but the chance of attaining high magic or gold is still normal. (Amber will not be affected by these sorts of penalties however by virtue of her unique ability. Also her achievement would be impossible if that were the case.)

The idea is still a bit on the rough side, but hopefully, it's at least something good to think about.
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums

vardgo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 09:52:54 AM »
I know it is a little late, but I had an idea that would make the game a bit more interesting.  What if we had the ability to start the game with every tile on the board having a peril on it.  My thinking for this one would be to make it a bit more interesting, eventually there are paths that show up here and there.  None of the perils that start off on the board this way would be drawn from any of the decks that heroes can draw from to avoid the use of trickery's that are most helpful to the heroes. 

G0vnah

• View Profile
    • IZ:TDM!
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 06:39:54 AM »
The tinkerer in me must suggest this:

A house rule option to tinker with AI aggressiveness and/or end goals maybe?

That could make for interesting gameplay, especially if it comes down to tinkering with each AI player in the game individually. I dunno. Just a thought I had.

SurefireTactics

• Armello Master
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
A house rule that I would like to see is one that changes how much starting gold all heroes start the game with. A few heroes definitely need the bump like Ghor and Zosha to be effective, so it would be nice to see something that affected the heroes in this way. Not to mention it would encourage more players to use Trickery since they have the spare income not used on items.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »
Theft Mode
Enemy has an equip card you want?  Don't like Catburglar card because it's so rare?  Playing a combat-based build?  This mode is for you.  In this mode, you can steal a randomly equipped item or treasure card from an opponent you kill in battle.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
I'm bringing this one back, because I love it so much!

Tag Mode
With this, you can have 2 characters and swap between them on your turns (limit once per turn).  Wits, Spirit, Gold, Prestige, Rot, Spirit Stones, equipped Treasure and Companion cards, and your hand are all pooled.  Depending on the Hero, you may or may not receive a partial to their ability while they're dormant.  Teams are open to all characters, so you can have a senile, trigger-happy old hare on the same team with an angry, vengeance-crazed otter but bear in mind that your opponent can have a moody paladin bear and a crazy, bloodthirsty wolf.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:09:54 PM by CrazyBob05 »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »
This idea is for Single Player or if you want to give Multiplayer hosts the ability to be incredibly dickish.

Hero Lock
- Wolf Clan Only: Players can only choose a hero from the Wolf Clan.  This mode is only available with Ursupers and Rivals DLC packs.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Wolf Clan hero.  (Thane, River, Magna, and Fang)
-Rabbit Clan Only: Players can only choose a hero from the Rabbit Clan.  This mode is only available with Ursupers and Rivals DLC packs.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Rabbit Clan hero.  (Amber, Barnaby, Elyssia, and Hargrave)
-Bear Clan Only: Players can only choose a hero from the Bear Clan.  This mode is only available with Ursupers and Rivals DLC packs.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Bear Clan hero.  (Sana, Brun, Ghor, and Yordana)
-Rat Clan Only: Players can only choose a hero from the Rat Clan.  This mode is only available with Ursupers and Rivals DLC packs.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Rat Clan hero.  (Mercurio, Zosha, Sargon, and Griotte)
-Bandits Only: Players can only choose a hero from the Bandit Clan DLC.  This mode is only available with Bandit Clan DLC.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Bandit hero.  (Scarlet, Horace, Sylas, and Twiss)
-Primary Only: Players can only choose from the first 4 heroes in the Vanilla game.  No DLC requirements.  In Tag Mode, these 4 are not selectable as Secondary.  (Thane, Amber, Sana, and Mercurio)
-Secondary Only: Players can only choose from the second 4 heroes in the Vanilla game.  No DLC requirements.  In Tag Mode, these 4 are not selectable as Secondary.  (River, Barnaby, Brun, and Zosha)
-Usurpers Only:  Players can only choose a hero from the Usurpers DLC.  This mode is only available with Usurpers DLC.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Usurpers hero.  (Magna, Elyssia, Ghor, and Sargon)
-Rivals Only: Players can only choose a hero from the Rivals DLC.  This mode is only available with Rivals DLC.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Rivals hero.  (Fang, Hargrave, Yordana, and Griotte)
-One of Each: Each player must choose heroes from different clans.  No DLC requirements.  In Tag Mode, there is no restriction on Secondary hero.  (ex: if player 1 picks Thane, players 2-4 must pick heroes from outside Wolf Clan)
---
Wish fulfillment on my part, feel free to ignore this.
-Exiles Only:  Players can only choose a hero from the Exiles DLC.  This mode is only available with Exiles DLC.  In Tag Mode, this only applies to the Primary hero and they cannot choose another Exiles hero.  (Gale, Daemon, Falya, and Elzra)

Wolf Clan Only, Rabbit Clan Only, Bear Clan Only, and Rat Clan Only rules, Usurpers or Rivals can be substituted with Exiles.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:10:23 PM by CrazyBob05 »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »
Congruent with my other House Rules suggestions, multiple active game modes.

"Primary", "Secondary", and possibly "Tertiary".  These are just sliders in the Custom Rules menu to allow multiple game modes to be active at once.  If I could find a sample picture of the Custom Rules menu, then I could show what I'm talking about via picture editing.

As an example though: "Primary" is set to "Tag Mode", "Secondary" is set to "Last Man Standing Mode", and "Tertiary" is set to "Fury Mode".  The game begins after all players have selected their two Heroes and their Rings and Amulets.  Players must struggle NOT to lose their allotted 3 life stock by any means and an additional victory condition is added.  What's more turns are shorter with Banes and Guards more aggressive.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
Legacy Mode, rollback to older versions of the game for this match.  I expect that it's a simple concept but a difficult one to actually pull off.