Author Topic: Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง  (Read 10248 times)

Porter

• View Profile
Re: Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 04:37:22 AM »
I am sure many people have discussed how to add alliances to the game. This is how I would have alliances work. Also feel free to take any of these ideas and add them to your own.

1.   On the second day phase before anyone has started their turn, each player would see three portraits (one for each of the other players) and a button allowing you to pass. If two players picked each other’s portrait they would form an alliance. With this method there may not be any alliances made.

2.   Alliances would last for 4 turns (day, night, day, night). On the 4th day phase all alliances would dissolve and the players would see the three portraits and the pass button reappear. This gives players the opportunity to stick with their old alliance or switch to a new one. This process would occur on every even day phase.

3.   Once you are in an alliance there will be a few perks for you and your teammate. Whenever your team mate is in battle or completing a peril, you can offer cards from your hand. These cards would act the same way they do normally. (If your teammate burns one of the cards you offered, one of their dice will be placed with the symbol matching the card.) The second perk is you and your teammate will be able see each other even when stealthed. This perk is necessary for later rules.

4.   1. If the alliance holds for the 4 turns both players will receive 3 gold and 1 prestige.
        2. If one of the two players is killed the alliance is broken.
        3. If one player attacks their ally the alliance is broken and the attacker receives 1 rot. If the attacker successfully kills their ally they receive 2 rot and 3 gold. (This is why you will need to be able to see your teammate when they are stealthed, you do not want to accidentally attack them.)

5.   If an alliance was broken because of rule 4.3, you will not be able to form an alliance with them again.

This would not only add a cool backstabbing mechanic to the game that could also help players receive more rot, but it would give players an incentive to form alliances and stick with them.

If any of this does not make sense please let me know and I will try to answer any questions.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:55:38 AM by Porter »

Baree

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 03:48:41 AM »
Might be fun to be able to play around with victory conditions. A game where a prestige win wouldn't count, or where you can only defeat the king in a rot victory.  Of course, this creates problems, I realize. This basically would have to mean it would have to be possible for none of the players to win.  You could say the Rot would win for example in a game where prestige victory doesn't count, and the king dies of rot or gets killed by another player but takes that player with him. So every player gets to feel bad.

Another idea might be a mode where you can play cards on the king, although cards that deal direct damage to the king should probably be exempt.

I reckon this is easier said than done, I can imagine it would be way to much work to implement these.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 06:15:16 AM »
Another Idea: lets put a houserule in that puts all players together against the king. Like a coop-game it will be all win or all lose against the mad king. Could be achieved by making the Kings declaration cry damaging the players...and the more rot he has, the more damage they take. Every second day the "Daybreak-Rot-Morning-Roar"-Damage will be stacked up a point...and once all heroes are dead at the same time, the mad king wins. So the damaging will start the second daybreak and then slowly build up.
In order to get to the throne the clans will have to unite and support each other without much talking- just emotes.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

KaijuCorgi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »
I feel like this must have been suggested before, but being able to pick your stat spread could be pretty amusing. And an interesting exercise to see how small tweaks to your fav characters change the game...

InariFox

• Retired Armello player
    • View Profile
    • Friend's Webcomic
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »
For Singleplayer only: Choose what Turn order to start off.
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|

I also play Bemani rhythm games.

Dangerous Pudding

• I Have No Idea What To Write In This Text Box
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »
maybe if the king / the guard is a playable character it would be great

King / guard (player 5) vs player 1 vs player 2 vs player 3 vs player 4

i can only think that game mode ideas comming soon
Luck is never gonna be there you when you needed the most

DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »
I'd like the idea of 2 vs 2 team games. Basically, it's similar to the alliance post, but you can't attack a teammate, you can see each other stealthed, you can see each other's quest locations (so you can avoid blocking them from a quest), and the two player's prestige on the team would add up to a team total. I'm not sure if the card sharing would be a good idea for this, and perhaps certain cards (and decrees) that effect one person differently than the others (like Game of Thorns and the decree that shares prestige among the other players) might need a slight rework (though it would still net in a total gain of two vs loss of 2 so that might be fine). Merry Thieves might also take into account which team has a combined gold collection, though perhaps that could add strategy to take gold from yourself to give to your teammate, assuming you can't hit an opposing team member with it.

The reason behind this is I kinda want to help my dad out since he's not quite as tactically minded as I am. I figure teaming up with him could help me to aid him in getting better at the game. On the flip side, though, I don't foresee this going well with bots or random people since bots may not take to the programming well, and some people out there deliberately mess with teammates to be a troll (for a lack of a better term).

P.S. I think the alliance idea is pretty neat as well, but fear it's not as easily implemented.

Nuxxy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »
The main thing I have issue with is Spirit Stones. Often you get them when you don't want them and the problem is that they are big nothings if you're not collecting them. So I was thinking how about each spirit stone giving you +1 mana. If it's too powerful at night when you recharge, then have it trigger only in the morning. At least then, even if you're not using it, it's doing something.

Melphina

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 03:43:33 AM »
Or there could be an 'Easy Mode', where Moon rolls during the day become shields, and vice versa for Sun rolls at night.

But that's the Royal Shield.....

If you create a house rule that essentially gives everyone a royal shield which doesn't consume an inventory slot, then what do you do when you draw it out as a treasure card? It completely defeats the purpose of having it as a card, to the point that seeing it as a quest reward or getting it from a dungeon is detrimental. All you can do is burn it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:45:20 AM by Melphina »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 07:45:56 AM »
LoG actually tried "Royal Shield everywhere" mode back in prototyping, they hated how often combat was damageless, and that was before Chainmail/towershield/feather helm existed and when Shield and battle armor had less copies in the item deck.

Georgesquares

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2016, 01:00:52 AM »
I'd like to see something like an option where everybody can start with a random follower. It might mix up strategies and make them more diverse.  Or something like a follower draft mode where people can pick from a few starter followers versus more powerful questing ones.

I'd also like things like potential character bans.

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 01:34:08 AM »
Some means of getting more followers in use would be good. It would be cool if you had the option to recruit followers from towns by paying gold, but only if you start your turn in that town. That way there would be some risk involved, and players with a ton of gold saved up wouldn't be able to just dive repeatedly into a town in one turn to scoop up followers. Obviously there are already a lot of uses for gold and a limited supply, but if the change in gold economy that's coming up changes things significantly, an additional gold sink might not be a bad thing.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Hey Georgesquares, that house rule exists already! Under the 'Starting Equipment' option you can choose Random Follower!

Check it out!

<3 Darcy

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
3 things I'd like to see as house rule options:

Inflation:
For people who feel gold is too abundant/too restrictive it would be nice to have the option to add one of the following mods.
- all gold costs +1
- all gold costs +2
- all gold costs -1
- all gold costs -2

Visible Hand of Cards:
For people that want to play with a little more information about the game state it might be interesting to be able to choose to throw in one of the following:
- number of cards in hand is shown under spirit stones when mousing over a hero.
- number of EACH TYPE of card in hand is shown under spirit stones when mousing over a hero.
- all the cards in a players hand are revealed in a text list on their character shelf.

Hold the Crown:
It would be very interesting to play a mode where, after winning, the winner has to survive 1 day and 1 night (or 1 night and 1 day) as the new Ruler of Armello.
They become stuck to the center of the castle with zero AP, but can draw, play and equip cards as usual.
If they are killed, and their killer survives, the killer takes the center.
Should a mutual death occur, or death by rot etc, and the center becomes unoccupied for any reason, the prestige leader will instantly win.

Loremaster

• A restless Armellian telltaler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 08:53:05 PM »
I guess I can toss here a coin of my own. It's not about any new house rules, but about one particular rule. As one of "Starting Body" options, we could choose a "-1 Body" option, for that nostalgic feeling...