Author Topic: Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง  (Read 9248 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »
LET'S HEAR YOU ROAR, ARMELLIANS!

The first iteration of House Rules is live in v1.1 but this is just a taste of what is possible in the world of Armello.

What rules would YOU like to see?

Post your ideas below!

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: Official House Rules Suggestions! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 05:53:05 PM »
Okay. Okay. You can do this. You've trained for this. Just breathe in, aaaand...

Neeeeeeeeee! Bunny roars. Most ferocious. The world trembles! :D

Hmm... well, one rule I sort of thought was interesting back in the Early Access days was the ability to steal Spirit Stones off of defeated enemies. The decision to ultimately change that mechanic was probably a good one, but I must say that re-implementing it as a House Rule could make for some pretty cutthroat games!

I might also suggest a House Rule option where you can toggle the number of Settlements you need to claim before gaining the Trickery Discount.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:58:33 PM by dragoncrescent »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:46:56 PM »
I think higher starting Wits, like higher starting body, would be a good fit.  However, I think higher starting fight/spirit for heroes would not be a good idea as the benefit would be larger to the people with lower base values in those stats.

Higher chance of success at quests, say a flat 10-30%+ over your base stat (so 7 stat =100%)

Instead of "Armored" guards, a variation of guards with some static swords.

Banes having more AP to cross the board with.  Also, increase bane spawns all nights.

Minimum/Maximum ranges for each tile type (4 to 7 towns, 15+ forests)

Followers costing prestige instead of gold, 1 to 2 cost ratio (rationale being you are more awesome as a lone hero, and it is painful when you can't afford what is in your hand).

Players get both a Stat and a Special Amulet.

Magic overflow at night not wasted completely (say if you had 8 mana, 4 spirit, nightfall would set you to 6 instead of 4).

Defensive mode: the Royal shield effect is always active, even if the actual treasure becomes worthless when the rule is on.

Warlock mode: Warlock effect always active

Longer quest chain.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 12:31:07 AM »
What about synergy between members of the same clan? So if you chose a clan another player already picked both would get a bonus, lets say +1 of their main stat (fight for the wolves, spirit for the bears, wits for the rats and maybe body for the rabbits). Lore-wise this would add up some "clan-feeling" to the game...at least the clans sent two of their best members to fight for the crown.

As for the bandit clan...they are one of their kind...no need to give them another bonus (at least as long as I haven't got my hand on them) ;)

This option could be easily turned on/off in the house-rule-section.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

InariFox

• Retired Armello player
    • View Profile
    • Friend's Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:14 AM »
How about a optional option of being able to change your starting hand?
Gif from Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
 Or  adjustable amount of action points?
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|

I also play Bemani rhythm games.

Gusteon

• Backer
  • Fluffy and cuddly, but mind the teeth~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
"Beta"/Classic King - King has boosted fight and none of his fancy equipment :p

I know that this is unlikely to get in, but I find some fun in the old, pre-Pride's Fall update King.

Edit:
King's Guards: Armored + The King's Guards get the Battle Armor and an extra die (or more) to make up for the die they lose from Battle Armor.
With or without armor, the guards don't often roll enough attack dice to be much threat... and currently the battle armor just makes that worse >.< So either adjusting the current setting by giving them a Battle Axe too, or making a new option that buffs their fight along with having the armor would be good changes/additions in my book.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:38:01 AM by Gusteon »

jelly022

• Armello Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:59:24 PM »
I would like to see some house rules which give the players more control over the cards. Like one that lets us pick which decks we draw from when the games starts, and another that allows players to discard their cards in some way.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 01:55:27 AM »
Maybe it would be nice if we could set up the amount of needed Spirit Stones for a victory? It would make the race for the crown a bit more tense if we could reduce the number of Stones for the Rot-Cure to 3 or make it even more difficult to get through with them when we need 5 to heal the king...
Could be adjusted like the life of the king or the toughness of the banes in the custom game menu.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »
Great stuff guys, keep these ideas coming!

I'm collating all of these suggestions in a list for the team to review.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 09:24:53 PM »
King Rush mode where everyone starts already corrupt and losing health and must break into the unguarded castle and slay the King as fast as possible.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 09:58:51 PM »
Oh, I thought of another interesting thing to mess with: the Dungeon results.

During the beta, 'nothing' was a definite result you could earn from the dungeons. Furthermore, there are times when Dungeon Warp has really screwed/saved me. What about a slider option to control how frequently any one result comes up? This way, we could have silly, off-the-wall games where Dungeon Warp is just crazy. Or maybe a game where entering a dungeon nearly guarantees a Bane.

Y'know... sort of like having a 'just-for-the-lulz' all-pokeball match in Smash Bros.  :D

Sorry Stoat

• Most weasels agree; the stoat is sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »

I toats win with my stoat >=D

Would be nice to be able to re-roll your quest locations at the beginning of each day. Really frustrating when one player keeps intercepting you on your way to a quest
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:38:24 PM by Sorry Stoat »

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 06:12:23 PM »
Oh, I thought of another interesting thing to mess with: the Dungeon results.

During the beta, 'nothing' was a definite result you could earn from the dungeons. Furthermore, there are times when Dungeon Warp has really screwed/saved me. What about a slider option to control how frequently any one result comes up? This way, we could have silly, off-the-wall games where Dungeon Warp is just crazy. Or maybe a game where entering a dungeon nearly guarantees a Bane.

Y'know... sort of like having a 'just-for-the-lulz' all-pokeball match in Smash Bros.  :D

I Like that one thats awesome!

Also what about Hard Mode? I suppose its a bit like ranked but I'm not sure what your plans are for Ranked.  Basically you can't check anything, the status feed tells you whats going on but you cant check who has what equipped, how much prestige/rot others have and all that stuff basically all your 'Shelfs' on the right are exclusive to you.  You could even take it one step further and not show perils on the map maybe?

I like the idea of 100% Hardcore but with the a working status feed players could still keep a certain amount of understanding on where and what players are doing.

Thoughts?

YouTube | Email

Porter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 05:41:41 PM »
One cool house rule could be to change how the sun and moon dice sides work. If it is day time still get rid of all moon dice and if it is night get rid of all sun dice. But if you roll a sun during the day time let the player decide whether it is a sword or a shield and the same with the moon dice during night. This would give the player more control over the randomness of the dice.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 11:06:56 PM »
One cool house rule could be to change how the sun and moon dice sides work. If it is day time still get rid of all moon dice and if it is night get rid of all sun dice. But if you roll a sun during the day time let the player decide whether it is a sword or a shield and the same with the moon dice during night. This would give the player more control over the randomness of the dice.

Or there could be an 'Easy Mode', where Moon rolls during the day become shields, and vice versa for Sun rolls at night.