Author Topic: The Animals of Farthing Wood?  (Read 3521 times)

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
The Animals of Farthing Wood?
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:49:13 AM »
I was just pondering the other day when I recalled this show and wondered if anyone here ever watched it xP
It's a very old show about animals dislodged from their home trying to find a new home and spoilers but not really it's got more character death than Game of Thrones.

Anyway thought seeing as it's a show about animals other people here might also have had their hearts broken by it during their childhood...
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
Re: The Animals of Farthing Wood?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
<3 Dreamer - you died too young :P

My sister had the whole anthology from Farthing wood all the way until epilogue with Whisper joining the surviving foxes in White Deer Park.

The series was what made me "furry".
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:22:16 PM »
man i love these forums!! ive never heard of it but im downloading it right now!!

YouTube | Email

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
  • I am just lazy... Also my feet are pretty darn dry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
Yeah, I remember watching it as a kid. My favourites had to be the badger and the frog.

...SPOILER So you can kinda guess I was sad when the badger died. SPOILER

Rinka

• Backer
  • Foxes = Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:04 AM »
I was just pondering the other day when I recalled this show and wondered if anyone here ever watched it xP
It's a very old show about animals dislodged from their home trying to find a new home and spoilers but not really it's got more character death than Game of Thrones.

Anyway thought seeing as it's a show about animals other people here might also have had their hearts broken by it during their childhood...

This show made me the person I am today... I've been re-watching it on youtube, and the Nostalgia is good <3

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:37:58 AM »
man i love these forums!! ive never heard of it but im downloading it right now!!

Not even even spoilers warning you right now prepare for tears. Everyone dies. Everyone. Not in an "everyone dies" scenario even- just they all just... this was meant to be a kids show!!

I barely remember the ins and outs of the plot myself Mum got angry at how MUCH there was and didn't wanna buy it for me so I saw bits and pieces and remember a little. Been talking about marathoning it with some friends but we just haven't yet.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 01:10:01 AM »

This show made me the person I am today... I've been re-watching it on youtube, and the Nostalgia is good <3

oh can you please post the links my download stuffed up!

YouTube | Email

Rinka

• Backer
  • Foxes = Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 04:07:53 AM »

oh can you please post the links my download stuffed up!

Sure thing buddy, You'll know why I lLove foxes so much after this show <3
You may wanna find a way to download these from youtube instead and get MPC or a program that can play .MP4

Anyway here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCE9DA1981086748D

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 04:27:35 AM »
Somehow this talk has lead to me watching Redwall on Youtube... never watched or read that one wish I had it's interesting, and probably better when you have nostalgia value for it.

I was trying to remember why Hyenas were my favourite animal and then I was like OMG sudden thought has anyone read the comic Digger? Everyone should read Digger it's amazing I should make a thread about it right now...

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 05:25:02 AM »

I was always aware of this show, but for some reason I just never watched it.  Same with the books, except swap "watch" with "read" and "always aware" with found out about 'em only after hearing about the show. It looks like something I'd like, but I probably shouldn't get too attached to any of the characters.

Somehow this talk has lead to me watching Redwall on Youtube... never watched or read that one wish I had it's interesting, and probably better when you have nostalgia value for it.

The Redwall TV series is actually pretty good. A bit watered down, but good. It's not 100% faithful to the books or anything, but it's a well done adaptation overall and I'm glad they didn't shy away from a lot of the deaths. They seemed to have added a bunch of scenes to make Cornflower have a bigger role, at least in the first several eps, but also managed to leave out some things from the books. It's like an animated cliff notes version.

The series itself ran for three seasons, and each one covers a different book. Season 1 is Redwall (book 1), season 2 is Mattemeo (book 3), and season 3 is Martin the Warrior (book 6). I didn't watch these when they first came out, but I marathon'd the whole series online a few years ago.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 12:11:08 PM »
wow a death in the first two minutes! :O you werent kidding

YouTube | Email