Author Topic: Merrils  (Read 1382 times)

BOIRFanMan

• View Profile
Merrils
« on: September 22, 2015, 05:18:50 AM »
Perils are cool.    8)

Introducing Merrils*.

Just like Perils... but nicer.

Now Perils can hurt you; Lose AP, Health, Cards or Equipped Items etc.  Merrils kiss it better.

Stick one in your path. Give one to a friend. Drop one on yourself. Mmm Merrils.

Merrils that gain you much needed Health, while out in the Wyld, trying to reach a Quest.
Merrils that give you monies.
Merrils that give you Cards.
Merrils that give you Prestige.
Merrils that give you temporary Stat bonuses.
Merrils that give you Magic.

The possibilities are endless!

Right now you can use Perils to burn unwanted Cards, with a risk of failing (particularly if those Cards don't have matching symbols).  Merrils have this same attraction. D'you burn Cards to remove them from your hand, at the risk of failing a Merril?.. and losing a Merril bonus?!

It'll make the Trickery Deck stronger. Closer to the Spell Deck at least.

*The name is for comedic effect only. Functionly they are still called Perils and look exactly the same (Unless they're Stealth Merrils   8)).

Echo

• View Profile
Re: Merrils
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »
You practically described 1/3rd of the item and 1/3rd of the magic deck there. Only difference is you need to roll dice to get it... and placing it would cost Gold... like a healing power up for example.

The only way I would see this to be practical if it had the same flag as a Peril and discourage clueless opponents.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:47:36 PM by Echo »

Raiza!

• The Life Divine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:40:45 AM »
I'd merrily merril you, friend!

BOIRFanMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:28:02 AM »
You practically described 1/3rd of the item and 1/3rd of the magic deck there. Only difference is you need to roll dice to get it... and placing it would cost Gold... like a healing power up for example.

The only way I would see this to be practical if it had the same flag as a Peril and discourage clueless opponents.

Yes. It looks exactly the same as a Peril.  I think it will mainly mix things up, add more Perils (which we can never have too many of 8)), add more variety to Perils hanging out on the board, and buff up the Trickery Deck.

You'll never know if the Peril in your way is a Merril or not... till you step on it.   ;D

There can be any cost associated with them. Not just Gold.

Sonho

• Im always right, even if im wrong, im right.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 04:11:39 AM »
I'd merrily merril you, friend!
That avatar looks cute but its soooo tiny that i cant really say o_o